Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 100TB storage - (LET)'s see what we can come up with - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 100TB storage - (LET)'s see what we can come up with

2»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2022

OP, besides your request being a near impossibility to fulfill due to exclusions and inclusions that contradict each other, they are also a waste of time for providers. Perhaps you should clarify what you are looking after and why in comprehensible sentences to avoid further misunderstandings. :smile:

Thanked by 1sliix
  • @Arkas said:
    OP, besides your request being a near impossibility to fulfill due to exclusions and inclusions that contradict each other, they are also a waste of time for providers. Perhaps you should clarify what you are looking after and why in comprehensible sentences to avoid further misunderstandings. :smile:

Wasn't it clear? I want cheapest possible offers for long term 100TB storage, as close as we get
    to 1TB/1$ pricing - the better. Sort of a "bookmark for later" thread like many others I have.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@luckypenguin said:
    As per title.
    Please avoid "known suspects" like Hetzner storage etc.

Terms:
    No "cloud disks" as in GDrive, Azure Cloud, S3 etc.
    Pure block device, billed monthly/annualy.

(LET) the discussion start?
    I want this thread to be a starting point for storage tier for this demand, at the
    lowest price (and no support) possible.

Hello, luckypenguin!

Well, we can offer:

1. A data storage server with up to 10 HDD drives and up to 100Tb of storage. Storage-price from $6/TB
    • Unlimited 10Gbps private network
    • Unmetered Bandwidth
    • Up to 10 hot-swappable drives
    1. Also, there are fast SSD storage server options.
      Price for storage capacity from $19/TB

Hope, our data storage solutions will fit even the largest dedicated server data-storage needs at the lowest price per gig.

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited August 2022

@luckypenguin said: I want cheapest possible offers for long term 100TB storage, as close as we get to 1TB/1$ pricing

As far as I know, only Hetzner can provide such pricing. But OP don't want Hetzner.I bet no one can provide 100TB for storage for less than what Hetzner provides.

@luckypenguin said: "bookmark for later"

Bookmark for 2030 requirement? I am sure the promos the provider is posting here will get void at the time you require.

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • edited August 2022

Cloudflare KV
    https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/platform/limits/#kv
    Unlimited storage per namespace (except on the free tier, which is limited to 1 GB total across all namespaces in an account)

https://github.com/antirez/Bigdis

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2022

@luckypenguin said:

@Arkas said:

Wasn't it clear? I want cheapest possible offers for long term 100TB storage, as close as we get
    to 1TB/1$ pricing - the better. Sort of a "bookmark for later" thread like many others I have.

• 1TB/1$, good luck with that
    • Raid and/or any kind of reliability, forget about it
    • Normally one might think that asking one of the $5/TB providers for a rebate of say $1.50/TB on 100TB might work, but frankly, I don't think it does; it's simply too easy and more attractive for (at least most) providers to instead do a "10 TB for $45, only 10 available" promo.
    • If your priority is 'cheap! cheap! cheap!' you'd almost certainly be better off renting a dedi with enough drive bays (i.e. 2+ HU) from a provider who's willing to slide in any drives you send in, possibly for a small fee (drives need el. power and hands aren't free too) and then get whatever you please drives on ebay or wherever. (Keep in mind that you purchasing the drives lowers the bound capital and risk of the provider which translates to cheaper for you).
  • @jsg said: 1TB/1$, good luck with that

Why? I disagree. Economy of scale.
    I could find
    Intel Xeon E5-1650V3
    128 GB RAM ECC
    10 x 10 TB Enterprise HDD

for €81.70 at Hetzner auction, And this is straight without much looking.

Given that I don't need a dedicated Xeon, or lots of RAM, or ent HDDs, and a 1gbit port, I'm sure some providers who use big drive clusters can meet that. Again, even a VPS could do in my case.

• ralfralf Member

@luckypenguin said:
    Given that I don't need a dedicated Xeon, or lots of RAM, or ent HDDs, and a 1gbit port, I'm sure some providers who use big drive clusters can meet that. Again, even a VPS could do in my case.

You've already made it clear that you're actually only wasting everyone's time.

@luckypenguin said:
    I'm not even interested to buy this. Just wanted a thread that could possibly include
    many reasonable offers for such a niche request. Wasn't it clear in my OP?

Thanked by 2TimboJones yoursunny
  • @ralf said: You've already made it clear that you're actually only wasting everyone's time.

Once your ego and Narcissistic personality disorder (a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance) in every thread calms a little, I might even take your posts
    seriously.

• https://github.com/philipl/pifs

Infinite compute = infinite storage

Thanked by 3Bochi bulbasaur Chuck
  • @luckypenguin said:

@ralf said: You've already made it clear that you're actually only wasting everyone's time.

Once your ego and Narcissistic personality disorder (a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance) in every thread calms a little, I might even take your posts
    seriously.

Oh, the irony.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@luckypenguin said:
    I'm not even interested to buy this. Just wanted a thread that could possibly include

Was about to drop an insane $1/TB offer here but i see now there is no need. :/

Thanked by 3yoursunny Erisa cpsd
  • @terrahost said:

@luckypenguin said:

:| .

Thanked by 2AXYZE darkimmortal
  • @terrahost said:

@luckypenguin said:

I'm interested in your 100tb offer

• @terrahost said:

@luckypenguin said:

My wallet is ready.