Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Cheapest 100TB storage - (LET)'s see what we can come up with
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Cheapest 100TB storage - (LET)'s see what we can come up with

As per title.
Please avoid "known suspects" like Hetzner storage etc.

Terms:
No "cloud disks" as in GDrive, Azure Cloud, S3 etc.
Pure block device, billed monthly/annualy.

(LET) the discussion start?
I want this thread to be a starting point for storage tier for this demand, at the
lowest price (and no support) possible.

«1

Comments

  • ralfralf Member

    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3460446/#Comment_3460446

    Also there was that crazy huge one around Independence Day.

    Thanked by 1luckypenguin
  • @ralf said: Also there was that crazy huge one around Independence Day.

    Should I mention no "deals" as well? Especially from the "top providers" here.
    As in just regular buy and get it, any time of the year, no black friday, white xmas, etc.

  • ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

    Here you can the absolute lowest price for a minimum of 100 TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner

    And here is the same minimum 100 TB, sorted by price per TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner&sort=price_per_storage&sort_dir=asc

    Both are excluding Hetzner. :)

  • ralfralf Member

    @luckypenguin said:

    @ralf said: Also there was that crazy huge one around Independence Day.

    Should I mention no "deals" as well? Especially from the "top providers" here.
    As in just regular buy and get it, any time of the year, no black friday, white xmas, etc.

    What's wrong the that link to the Hetzner auction one, they have loads of machines there with 15x6TB which is pretty close, probably have closer to 100TB too but I didn't look as they have tens of pages of servers.

  • @ServerHunter said:
    Here you can the absolute lowest price for a minimum of 100 TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner

    And here is the same minimum 100 TB, sorted by price per TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner&sort=price_per_storage&sort_dir=asc

    Both are excluding Hetzner. :)

    Thanks, I'm aware of your site and chart.
    Was thinking providers could throw exclusive offers here, which are otherwise
    not populated on their sites. Since it's quite a niche demand, however many
    members here seem to require it now and then.

  • ralfralf Member

    @luckypenguin said:

    @ServerHunter said:
    Here you can the absolute lowest price for a minimum of 100 TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner

    And here is the same minimum 100 TB, sorted by price per TB:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>100000+-Hetzner&sort=price_per_storage&sort_dir=asc

    Both are excluding Hetzner. :)

    Thanks, I'm aware of your site and chart.
    Was thinking providers could throw exclusive offers here, which are otherwise
    not populated on their sites. Since it's quite a niche demand, however many
    members here seem to require it now and then.

    Surely this request is the opposite of the "no deals" request?

    Thanked by 1alilet
  • @ralf said: Surely this request is the opposite of the "no deals" request?

    C'mon, I'm sure you understood what I meant by that.
    No temp deals, or "limited" deals. Just a reference to whatever
    might be available from all the members here.
    So that we can bookmark and forget it, so to say.

  • @luckypenguin said:

    @ralf said: Surely this request is the opposite of the "no deals" request?

    C'mon, I'm sure you understood what I meant by that.
    No temp deals, or "limited" deals. Just a reference to whatever
    might be available from all the members here.
    So that we can bookmark and forget it, so to say.

    if you are simply trying to window shop here, you are wasting providers time... Why should they cater to your requests if you are not sure when to buy? The providers list can be accessed from somewhere (i forget), go to each site and scour what you want.

    Thanked by 3alilet TimboJones sliix
  • ralfralf Member

    @luckypenguin said:

    @ralf said: Surely this request is the opposite of the "no deals" request?

    C'mon, I'm sure you understood what I meant by that.
    No temp deals, or "limited" deals. Just a reference to whatever
    might be available from all the members here.
    So that we can bookmark and forget it, so to say.

    Actually, I have no idea what you're really after!

    Seemingly a deal exclusive to LET that lasts forever, but only ones that aren't advertised on their main site. That literally makes no sense. Providers put on deals to try to drum up interest at times when they have spare capacity and want to convert some of that into cash, or at specific special events like BF. Why would they keep around a special price deal that's cheaper than their main site forever? And as you also want to exclude all the top providers from here, who are the companies who have the best relationship with the community already, and are mostly likely to do something like this.

    So, no, I don't really get what you want!

    Thanked by 1alilet
  • @plumberg said: if you are simply trying to window shop here, you are wasting providers time... Why should they cater to your requests if you are not sure when to buy? The providers list can be accessed from somewhere (i forget), go to each site and scour what you want.

    I'm not even interested to buy this. Just wanted a thread that could possibly include
    many reasonable offers for such a niche request. Wasn't it clear in my OP?
    I'm sure some providers can offer such storage solutions - I mentioned before that
    the volume price per 1TB should be around 1$ - just want to make sure how we can
    get there, as per the "Economies of scale" rule. No need to be rude.

  • ralfralf Member
    edited August 6

    @luckypenguin said:
    I'm not even interested to buy this.

    Thanked by 1bdl
  • @ralf said: And as you also want to exclude all the top providers from here, who are the companies who have the best relationship with the community already

    How did you get this assumption? Just wondering.
    I just wanted to exclude whatever stuff already "known" not to spam this thread.
    Usually your posts are quote similar with my point of view, seems like you
    are deliberately trying to derail this thread, not sure why :)

  • You are really a troll on a roll today!

    Good luck

    Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ralfralf Member

    @luckypenguin said:

    @ralf said: And as you also want to exclude all the top providers from here, who are the companies who have the best relationship with the community already

    How did you get this assumption? Just wondering.
    I just wanted to exclude whatever stuff already "known" not to spam this thread.
    Usually your posts are quote similar with my point of view, seems like you
    are deliberately trying to derail this thread, not sure why :)

    You wrote this:

    Should I mention no "deals" as well? Especially from the "top providers" here.

  • @ralf said: Should I mention no "deals" as well? Especially from the "top providers" here.

    Well yes, if some "Hostsolutions.ro" offers 1PB storage Black Friday deal for 10$/mo, that will be shady. This is what I wanted to avoid. Just real offers, and to make it simple, ones that you can
    actually order on the provider WHMCS, no matter the time of the year, will it help? I'm sure you
    understand what I meant 100%, you are just trying to insert your own opinion here. Feel free.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Have you tried Deep Atlantic Storage?
    It's unlimited capacity.
    I hear people uploaded 1000PB and counting.

    If you really need block device, search for 4TB flash drive on AliExpress and buy 25 units.
    Each unit has 32MB SLC but firmware will indicate 4TB.

  • @yoursunny said:
    Have you tried Deep Atlantic Storage?
    It's unlimited capacity.
    I hear people uploaded 1000PB and counting.

    If you really need block device, search for 4TB flash drive on AliExpress and buy 25 units.
    Each unit has 32MB SLC but firmware will indicate 4TB.

    Want to be a smartass? Unless you have no real input maybe you should skip
    this thread. Or you did I start a LET war now.

  • @plumberg said: You are really a troll on a roll today!

    Might be off topic, but can't take you seriously if you were so dumb to not know
    how to recover your Windows password, and even opening a thread on that:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177494/password-reset-help-windows#latest

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    OP seems to be weasel.

    Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • defaultdefault Member

    @luckypenguin said:
    Want to be a smartass?

    @luckypenguin said:
    [...] you were so dumb [...]

    Thanked by 2yoursunny SinSiXX
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Member, Host Rep

    108TB at €1000/mo with €1500 setup fee

    Thanked by 1ralf
  • @c1vhosting said:
    108TB at €1000/mo with €1500 setup fee

    I can do that myself :) Thanks, let's see others.

  • Troll and little weasel... this is your day!

  • mhnmhn Member

    @c1vhosting said:
    108TB at €1000/mo with €1500 setup fee

    Its cheaper to just build your own server for the price you want for 1 month and setup fee

    Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @mhn said: Its cheaper to just build your own server for the price you want for 1 month and setup fee

    Not trying to build anything, I just want to get offers here.
    1TB/1$ is the golden rule. This is at least what I expect here.
    Feel free to spam and derail the topic as you wish.

    Thanked by 1shelfchair
  • ralfralf Member

    @luckypenguin said:
    1TB/1$ is the golden rule. This is at least what I expect here.

    Good luck with that. It'd take a provider over 18 months just to break even on the cost of the drives alone, ignoring electricity costs, bandwidth costs, spare drives in case of failures and the cost of the hardware to put the drives in.

  • HxxxHxxx Member

    Best US pricing for storage == WebNX their sister brand GorillaServers. There is no rival... for them. Nobody will provide their pricing in USA. Less than 1 dollar per TB. Where? check their WebHostingTalk forum threads.

    If the other side of the world... Hetzner is king with their auction servers.

    Thanked by 1Setsura
  • @luckypenguin said:

    @plumberg said: You are really a troll on a roll today!

    Might be off topic, but can't take you seriously if you were so dumb to not know
    how to recover your Windows password, and even opening a thread on that:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177494/password-reset-help-windows#latest

    Please fix your formatting, you look dumb like you haven't figured out copy and paste. Post after post...

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 7

    @yoursunny said:
    OP seems to be weasel.

    Did OP just call Deep Atlantic Storage as "Not Serious" ?
    Bad...

    No ipv9 for him. Period

    Thanked by 2yoursunny Hotmarer
Sign In or Register to comment.