Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From $12/yr - OpenVZ 7 VPS Hosting - /64 IPv6 - SolusVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

From $12/yr - OpenVZ 7 VPS Hosting - /64 IPv6 - SolusVM

Comments

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@muzungumax said:
    Can I run wireguard or openVPN on the 1G ovz node? TUN/TAP is enabled I believe

Wireguard isn't supported at this time unfortunately, but OpenVPN is and works flawlessly :) We tend to recommend https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install to make installing that a piece of cake!

• Any looking glass on your LA location?

@Greyhound said:
    Any looking glass on your LA location?

We don't have a Looking Glass but here is a test IP: 66.151.55.110

If you'd me to run an MTR / wget / etc for a specific IP/file/etc just let me know :)

• I have one with them for an year and a half and had no issues.

Thanked by 1chip

@Chandra said:
    I have one with them for an year and a half and had no issues.

Glad to hear it! :)

• Hi, I just purchased a service but I've only been assigned 1 IP address, is this an error?

I prefer not to disclose my current IP publicly, but my invoice number is #78882.

@iPwnJ00 said:
    Hi, I just purchased a service but I've only been assigned 1 IP address, is this an error?

I prefer not to disclose my current IP publicly, but my invoice number is #78882.

That has been added for you :)

• @EthernetServers said:

@iPwnJ00 said:
    Hi, I just purchased a service but I've only been assigned 1 IP address, is this an error?

That has been added for you :)

I see it now, thanks!

• Hi @EthernetServers

Thanks for posting a great offer! Do you have any plans to support Wireguard in the near future?

@darkblade said:
    Hi @EthernetServers

Thanks for posting a great offer! Do you have any plans to support Wireguard in the near future?

Hello :)

Right now, our VPS nodes run OpenVZ 7, which, technically speaking, does support Wireguard but the solution is rather hackish and not something we want to be using in production.

We are, however, testing OpenVZ 9 (OpenVZ 8 exists, but was abandoned in favour of OpenVZ 9) at the moment. Wireguard support was included in Linux kernel 5.4 as standard, and OpenVZ 9 uses 5.14 (or right now, at least, 5.14.0-4.vz9.12.7 specifically).

Therefore as soon as the upgrade to OpenVZ 9 is complete, Wireguard will be available.

In terms of a timeline... OpenVZ 7 is end of life in 2024 and we'll want to have shifted away long before that point. I'd imagine, all going well, that we're looking at Q1 2023 before all new and existing customers are housed on OpenVZ 9.

Our testing still has a way to go, but it is progressing. The plan right now is to invite customers to help us test it (for free of course) - which will most likely be this year.

• FongFong Member

Hello. Can i also get 2nd IPv4 address? Invoice #78832

@Fong said:
    Hello. Can i also get 2nd IPv4 address? Invoice #78832

Thank you for your order!

That has been added now :)

Thanked by 1Fong
  • Invoice #78938 no 2nd IPv4 address.

@Gerrit said:
    Invoice #78938 no 2nd IPv4 address.

That's taken care of now!

• I just bought this service, and I realize that there is a reason why a company can boldly say "Ethernet Servers Ltd - 100% SSD - 60 Day Money Back".

Actually, their servers are very good and from a reliable company. From ordering to server setup and help from customer support, everything was very smooth.

With this 12$ per year, I can't even believe, how I am getting all these.

• @EthernetServers said:

@darkblade said:
    Hi @EthernetServers

Right now, our VPS nodes run OpenVZ 7, which, technically speaking, does support Wireguard but the solution is rather hackish and not something we want to be using in production.

We are, however, testing OpenVZ 9 (OpenVZ 8 exists, but was abandoned in favour of OpenVZ 9) at the moment. Wireguard support was included in Linux kernel 5.4 as standard, and OpenVZ 9 uses 5.14 (or right now, at least, 5.14.0-4.vz9.12.7 specifically).

Therefore as soon as the upgrade to OpenVZ 9 is complete, Wireguard will be available.

In terms of a timeline... OpenVZ 7 is end of life in 2024 and we'll want to have shifted away long before that point. I'd imagine, all going well, that we're looking at Q1 2023 before all new and existing customers are housed on OpenVZ 9.

Our testing still has a way to go, but it is progressing. The plan right now is to invite customers to help us test it (for free of course) - which will most likely be this year.

will be happy to do so once this opens up.

@xenstar said:
    I just bought this service, and I realize that there is a reason why a company can boldly say "Ethernet Servers Ltd - 100% SSD - 60 Day Money Back".

Actually, their servers are very good and from a reliable company. From ordering to server setup and help from customer support, everything was very smooth.

With this 12$ per year, I can't even believe, how I am getting all these.

Really appreciate the kind words! :)

@cybertech said:

@EthernetServers said:

@darkblade said:
    Hi @EthernetServers

will be happy to do so once this opens up.

Most definitely!

• Do you support rDNS?

@saosangmo said:
    Do you support rDNS?

Yes, this can be set in the control panel :)

• @EthernetServers

Invoice #79137
    Please add the secondary IP.
    Thanks.

@Sunkins said:
    @EthernetServers

Invoice #79137
    Please add the secondary IP.
    Thanks.

Done! :)

Thanked by 1Sunkins
  • @EthernetServers are you going to talk about how oversold these VPSes are? I have had cases where the CPU was so overloaded, to where operations would just hang for seconds at a time. There is a good reason why this "deal" is OpenVZ, buyer beware.

Thanked by 1Halo11
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

On what location and when?
    So far (since Sat, Jul 16) I haven't noticed any issue with my New Jersey VPS.

Overselling with OpenVZ is expected but as long host know what they are doing and node isn't oversold to an extend to affect normal VPS operations I don't have issue with.

Update.
    And he's gone...

edited August 2022

I'm not going to lie and say that our VPS platform is perfect and performs perfectly all day, every day. There are certain issues that we know of, and are unfixed by OpenVZ's developers - some of which are performance/stability impacting.

Quick example: all of our VPS nodes have 256 GB RAM, and ALL of our nodes are at less than 50% memory used, even at peak times - yet VMs with high RAM allocations (i.e. 6 GB) can sometimes run into memory allocation errors. We've reported it, but are yet to see a resolution. This particular issue can result in elevated CPU and I/O usage. It's absolutely not to do with the resources available - since they are plentiful. It's rather a software-side issue.

There are other software related bugs which are unfixed, despite how much we've pushed.

As @Mumbly rightly said, we do oversell, but all of our nodes are very closely monitored and for the most part, the real world performance (I've never really been interested in benchmarks) is perfectly adequate for normal use cases (hosting websites, running VPNs, storing backups, etc).

Here is an exerpt from one of our nodes with ~300 VMs on showing CPU load averages today: https://pastebin.com/raw/5wFxJ51H - it's a 24 CPU machine and the load averages today so far are 16, so nothing crazy. Oversold, yes. Performing badly, no. I would expect to see that figure skyrocket if there was a serious problem.

Anyway, we have plenty of nodes available and if someone reaches out, more than happy to look at a solution. All of our nodes are in a shared VLAN and we can move VMs around to different hypervisors (no IP changes, no data loss) loss as needed.

• @EthernetServers said:
    I'm not going to lie and say that our VPS platform is perfect and performs perfectly all day, every day. There are certain issues that we know of, and are unfixed by OpenVZ's developers - some of which are performance/stability impacting.

Quick example: all of our VPS nodes have 256 GB RAM, and ALL of our nodes are at less than 50% memory used, even at peak times - yet VMs with high RAM allocations (i.e. 6 GB) can sometimes run into memory allocation errors. We've reported it, but are yet to see a resolution. This particular issue can result in elevated CPU and I/O usage. It's absolutely not to do with the resources available - since they are plentiful. It's rather a software-side issue.

There are other software related bugs which are unfixed, despite how much we've pushed.

As @Mumbly rightly said, we do oversell, but all of our nodes are very closely monitored and for the most part, the real world performance (I've never really been interested in benchmarks) is perfectly adequate for normal use cases (hosting websites, running VPNs, storing backups, etc).

Here is an exerpt from one of our nodes with ~300 VMs on showing CPU load averages today: https://pastebin.com/raw/5wFxJ51H - it's a 24 CPU machine and the load averages today so far are 16, so nothing crazy. Oversold, yes. Performing badly, no. I would expect to see that figure skyrocket if there was a serious problem.

Anyway, we have plenty of nodes available and if someone reaches out, more than happy to look at a solution. All of our nodes are in a shared VLAN and we can move VMs around to different hypervisors (no IP changes, no data loss) loss as needed.

this is not considered oversold at least for me.

• chipchip Member

@cybertech said:

@EthernetServers said:

this is not considered oversold at least for me.

Totally.... he might be overselling but he's not overstretching..... my machine has no cpu steal and I don't notice any slowdowns or random stuff.... and I monitor it with zabbix

Disk IO is also perfect no random high times or zabbix alerts generated

So I can say offering 12-16 GB RAM packages he's definitely overselling however my VM works better with ethernet servers than some of the KVM packages I've had .... so he's not got nodes crammed to the teeth overloaded and running flat out

Chip

Thanked by 2ShalaWorks ElonBezos
  • I was not expecting such a great service and excellent support
    its a real worth of your money.
    The vps is fast, and latency is low.

I would definitely like to recommend.

Below are the benchmarks for 12$/year Openvz deal.

CPU Model :Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
    CPU Cores : 1 @ 2948.608 MHz
    CPU Cache : 25600 KB
    AES-NI : Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : Enabled
    Total Disk : 29.4 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total Mem : 1.0 GB (53.8 MB Used)
    Total Swap : 256.0 MB (4.9 MB Used)
    System uptime : 1 days, 14 hour 15 min
    Load average : 0.09, 0.21, 0.15
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 5.4.0
    TCP CC :
    Virtualization : OpenVZ
    Organization : AS35913 DediPath

Region : New York

I/O Speed(1st run) : 365 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 627 MB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 659 MB/s

I/O Speed(average) : 550.3 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 883.33 Mbps 774.25 Mbps 62.87 ms
    Los Angeles, US 811.23 Mbps 457.26 Mbps 70.34 ms
    Dallas, US 848.65 Mbps 558.86 Mbps 37.19 ms
    Montreal, CA 804.02 Mbps 333.20 Mbps 16.76 ms
    Paris, FR 717.97 Mbps 515.52 Mbps 73.69 ms
    Amsterdam, NL 822.61 Mbps 436.39 Mbps 85.43 ms

Thanked by 1EthernetServers
  • Hi! 2 questions:
    1. Does docker work?
    2. What would be the pings to India? I've had an LA vps in the past and the pings were terrible. What about NJ?

@Alic said:
    Hi! 2 questions:
    1. Does docker work?
    2. What would be the pings to India? I've had an LA vps in the past and the pings were terrible. What about NJ?

1) Absolutely, yes!

2) Los Angeles -> Mumbai: 251ms || New Jersey -> Mumbai: 234ms || Los Angeles -> Bangalore: 243ms || New Jersey -> Bangalore: 209ms

This discussion has been closed.