Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Free Mac VM for testing my browser | Get Mad at Me - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Free Mac VM for testing my browser | Get Mad at Me

Comments

• Always the best idea to come asking for help and a few posts later "do you have a brain"

You'll go places kid. Not any universities but places.

Thanked by 2Marx TimboJones
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • Afaik, If program making using electron chance to break to another platform almost impossible. Unless you using some special API from Mac

• VoidVoid Member

@DP said:
    Need a free Big Mac for testing my appetite | Feed Me

Do you have a belly bro ?

@jmaxwell said:

@DP said:

Yes bro, filled with good food.

• VoidVoid Member

@DP said:

@jmaxwell said:

@DP said:

Understandable have a nice day

@jmaxwell said:

@DP said:

@jmaxwell said:

@DP said:

Understandable have a nice day

You too, thanks bro.

• LisoLiso Member

He tried it again because last time someone actually gave him free server.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DP said:

Download McDonald's app.
    Buy a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, get a Big Mac for free.
    I just did it yesterday.

• VoidVoid Member

@yoursunny said:

@DP said:

Download McDonald's app.
    Buy a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, get a Big Mac for free.
    I just did it yesterday.

Only if they accept push-ups

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

OP, let isn't the place to get all of your project funded. Moreover you and your friend(sleeplesssys) request's always seem to be either so pricey to be sponsored.

You better find that one rich kid in school with a macbook and ask him to lend his for a few days.

But let me be honest. Whytf do you spend time making something which probably no one is ever gonna use. I will be honest, i will choose firefox over yours.

Spend your time on making something else, which everyone would like and probably use in their life at some point.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ralfralf Member

@Doutei said:
    Dude changed little no nothing beside updating packages and re-branding from a fork, didn't even use fork function.
    "I have been developing" my ass.

No need to be so disparaging. You must not have seen that he also added a waifu to the README.

@FatGrizzly said:
    But let me be honest. Whytf do you spend time making something which probably no one is ever gonna use. I will be honest, i will choose firefox over yours.

Boo ain't a complete browser either.
    It's just a skin of Chromium.

If OP makes a complete browser with an independent renderer that he writes himself, I'll buy him Scaleway credits for 7 days on a Mac Mini.
    This offer is valid for 180 days.

• ralfralf Member

• op lmao rekt

• @Doutei said:
    Dude changed little no nothing beside updating packages and re-branding from a fork, didn't even use fork function.

"I have been developing" my ass.

In 3rd world countries if someone young do something like this, they get many attentions. Even they get attention from the journalist & sometimes gets awards. By the way the people give attention to them doesn't have any knowledge about technology. They think internet is just Facebook, YouTube & Google.

Thanked by 1itoshikimonset
  • VoidVoid Member

@dosai said:
    op lmao rekt

Lmao ok

• @yoursunny said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Boo ain't a complete browser either.
    It's just a skin of Chromium.

If OP makes a complete browser with an independent renderer that he writes himself, I'll buy him Scaleway credits for 7 days on a Mac Mini.

Given that a browser requires knowledge in many fields of computer science, 180 days is a bit too low. Can it be TUI based at least?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

lynx and w3m ftw!

• ralfralf Member

@DP said:
    lynx and w3m ftw!

I remember using the text-mode browser called "www" before this new fangled lynx thing came along! Can't remember much about it now other than there was a lot of typing of numbers to follow links.

@ralf said:

@DP said:
    lynx and w3m ftw!

I remember using the text-mode browser called "www" before this new fangled lynx thing came along! Can't remember much about it now other than there was a lot of typing of numbers to follow links.

Can't say I remember much either but I do remember tabbing a lot :smiley:

My collaborator tried this one.
    It doesn't work with Mac OS 11.

@stevewatson301 said:

@yoursunny said:

Given that a browser requires knowledge in many fields of computer science, 180 days is a bit too low. Can it be TUI based at least?

If OP presents a solid design of the browser architecture and its major components, the 180-day deadline could be extended.
    If I like it a lot, I might even buy him a Macbook (despite that I don't own one myself).

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @yoursunny said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@yoursunny said:

If OP presents a solid design of the browser architecture and its major components, the 180-day deadline could be extended.
    If I like it a lot, I might even buy him a Macbook (despite that I don't own one myself).

On that note, you might like SerenityOS and its browser where they have implemented Harmony APIs that no other browsers implement at this time. The OS is cool too, with a JSON based /proc, everything written from scratch... I like it.

I should give it a spin when I get some time.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

Why would you want your browser to have a load of code dedicated to $CRYTO when it'll be obsolete in a year anyway?

Let the browser browse things and have a website to do your crypto management, if that's what you want to do.

• finally the thread has calmed down
    i have got a remote mac mini from the organization im building it for
    can we close this thread before it goes bonkers again

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited August 2022

@Otus9051 said: i have got a remote mac mini from the organization im building it for

I call BS, you wouldn't have had to come here if a company was sponsoring your addition of a catgirl to a README browser development.

@Otus9051 said: can we close this thread before it goes bonkers again

• @Otus9051 said:
    finally the thread has calmed down
    i have got a remote mac mini from the organization im building it for
    can we close this thread before it goes bonkers again

How do you even?

Can we please change the rules to 18+ around here?

• @stevewatson301 said:

@Otus9051 said: i have got a remote mac mini from the organization im building it for

I call BS, you wouldn't have had to come here if a company was sponsoring your addition of a catgirl to a README browser development.

@Otus9051 said: can we close this thread before it goes bonkers again

exactly
    thanks for summarizing the whole thread!