Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Need a Free Mac VM for testing my browser | Get Mad at Me
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Need a Free Mac VM for testing my browser | Get Mad at Me

Otus9051Otus9051 Member
edited August 1 in Requests

Project: https://github.com/otus9051/boo
Requirements: some sort of mac vm with vnc so i can test it
Budget: 0

What the heck I need it for actually:
So I have been developing a browser based on electron, and as its cross platform, its also on macOS. Now due to the very lack of financial support, I cannot buy a Mac, and also I need to test and build on macOS. So yeah.

About GitHub: Only building is practical. I don't want to get banned by using things like FastMac or ActionsVM. Also the VNC is broken by a lot, I literally tested it today and it took me 25 minutes to login. Seriously. And add 600ms of latency from ngrok over it.

«13

Comments

  • Cannot run macOS 11+ on 3GB of RAM and 50GB of storage, can I?

  • You can rent a M1 Mac Mini from Scaleway (no affiliation) for something like €2 a day. Full VNC access.

  • @bluehairminerboy said:
    You can rent a M1 Mac Mini from Scaleway (no affiliation) for something like €2 a day. Full VNC access.

    India. But sure, will look into it.

  • @Otus9051 said:

    Cannot run macOS 11+ on 3GB of RAM and 50GB of storage, can I?

    For a guy who’s supposed to be working on his own ROM and browser, you sure like to be spoonfed a lot.

    Have you tried to run it and see what the experience is like? I used to run Mac 10.12 IIRC on 3 gigs of RAM, it worked fine.

  • @stevewatson301 said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    Cannot run macOS 11+ on 3GB of RAM and 50GB of storage, can I?

    For a guy who’s supposed to be working on his own ROM and browser, you sure like to be spoonfed a lot.

    Have you tried to run it and see what the experience is like? I used to run Mac 10.12 IIRC on 3 gigs of RAM, it worked fine.

    ... he did say get mad at him though...

    Thanked by 1equalz
  • @stevewatson301 said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    Cannot run macOS 11+ on 3GB of RAM and 50GB of storage, can I?

    For a guy who’s supposed to be working on his own ROM and browser, you sure like to be spoonfed a lot.

    Have you tried to run it and see what the experience is like? I used to run Mac 10.12 IIRC on 3 gigs of RAM, it worked fine.

    I have. It took 4hours to install.

  • @HalfEatenPie said:

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    Cannot run macOS 11+ on 3GB of RAM and 50GB of storage, can I?

    For a guy who’s supposed to be working on his own ROM and browser, you sure like to be spoonfed a lot.

    Have you tried to run it and see what the experience is like? I used to run Mac 10.12 IIRC on 3 gigs of RAM, it worked fine.

    ... he did say get mad at him though...

    Yep, rant over.

  • @Otus9051 said:

    @bluehairminerboy said:
    You can rent a M1 Mac Mini from Scaleway (no affiliation) for something like €2 a day. Full VNC access.

    India. But sure, will look into it.

    I believe AWS have Mac instances now - you could probably get one in a region closer to you?

  • @bluehairminerboy said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    @bluehairminerboy said:
    You can rent a M1 Mac Mini from Scaleway (no affiliation) for something like €2 a day. Full VNC access.

    India. But sure, will look into it.

    I believe AWS have Mac instances now - you could probably get one in a region closer to you?

    AWS is surely costly, then you will also have to go through their support to get the instance limits.

  • coldcold Member

    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

  • @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

  • coldcold Member

    @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

    they use hetzner

    Thanked by 1SinSiXX
  • @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

    Mate no need to be a dick. You're the one asking people for help. If you're a dick to people they're less likely/inclined to try and help you out, especially since you're asking for a free service.

  • coldcold Member

    @HalfEatenPie said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

    Mate no need to be a dick. You're the one asking people for help. If you're a dick to people they're less likely/inclined to try and help you out, especially since you're asking for a free service.

    let it be... he is probably some damaged kid from a 3rd world country... poor and stupid... cuz they built them that way...

  • coldcold Member

    ask the cow who lives on your street for one, maybe she has more brains...

  • Can't you go to the library or something?

  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

    Scaleway is likely the only close to free solution you will get. You're probably more likely to have success in just asking someone with a Mac to help you out.

  • ralfralf Member

    The beauty of using a cross-platform development system is that you can do most of the work on your regular platform and only very occasionally need to use the other platforms to test things.

    In any case, if this ever turns into a product, you can release on PC first and get a mac with your first payout. If it's open source, other people who want to use it and have macs can help you out.

  • @cold said:

    @HalfEatenPie said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

    Mate no need to be a dick. You're the one asking people for help. If you're a dick to people they're less likely/inclined to try and help you out, especially since you're asking for a free service.

    let it be... he is probably some damaged kid from a 3rd world country... poor and stupid... cuz they built them that way...

    In fact he is, lol. Claims to be some 11 yo genius kid from India running projects on sponsored servers and whatnot. But not without a noticeable level of god complex

  • coldcold Member

    @jmaxwell said:

    @cold said:

    @HalfEatenPie said:

    @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?
    fucking onworks running a linux based os on whatever noname datacenter

    Mate no need to be a dick. You're the one asking people for help. If you're a dick to people they're less likely/inclined to try and help you out, especially since you're asking for a free service.

    let it be... he is probably some damaged kid from a 3rd world country... poor and stupid... cuz they built them that way...

    In fact he is, lol. Claims to be some 11 yo genius kid from India running projects on sponsored servers and whatnot. But not without a noticeable level of god complex

    yeah and @Nekki is the mistress of Putin!

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Start a trial with Sauce Labs and apply for open sauce account.
    My NDNts open source project received free resources including Windows and macOS from them.
    I only used Safari browser there, but testing apps is possible on their platform.

    Thanked by 1SinSiXX
  • Wow it's like no one begs mom for credit card anymore and instead just asks for free stuff :neutral:

  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited August 1

    @stevewatson301 said:
    For a guy who’s supposed to be working on his own ROM and browser, you sure like to be spoonfed a lot.

    There are definitely talented people in the scene, but you'd be surprised how braindead a portion of it is, it's just 12 year olds who just found out how to compile AOSP or rebrand existing OEM ROMs then ask for donations on their GitHub project page.

  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 1

    @Otus9051 said:

    @cold said:
    if Pear OS MAC emulator helps u, take a look on https://www.onworks.net/ u can work on those workstations

    bro do you have a brain?

    you sure talk big for a beggar.

    didnt learn manners? thats worse than being broke.

  • OP is literally 13 years old. Just keep that in mind.

    Thanked by 1SinSiXX
  • ArkasArkas Member, Moderator

    A friend of mine recently wanted to convert his app to iOS so he bought a 13 inch Macbook Air m1, kept it for 2 months, and resold it at a loss of only $65!!!
    so it was $32.5 a month!

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 1

    No offense but I dont see any reasons why you need a Mac VPS.

    I have seen your code changes and there's nothing significant that justify the need of a MacOS device, in fact it is a fork that changed less than 0.1% of the code.

    Learn to adapt with whatever you have, you can even consider running Hackintosh (dual-boot) which should be fine with 3GB RAM. But if you want a full experience, obtain a cheap used Mac Mini from 10 years ago, it shouldn't cost too much.

    I still sometimes envy kids these day are able to get the free Github education pack, or other education resources with so much things that can get them ahead on their programming journey.

  • DouteiDoutei Member

    Dude changed little no nothing beside updating packages and re-branding from a fork, didn't even use fork function.

    "I have been developing" my ass.

  • @FAT32 said:
    Learn to adapt with whatever you have, you can even consider running Hackintosh (dual-boot) which should be fine with 3GB RAM. But if you want a full experience, obtain a cheap used Mac Mini from 10 years ago, it shouldn't cost too much.

    I bought a 2012 Mac Mini for $120 and with the Big Sur hack, I can run it even on the AMD graphics of a 2011 Mac Mini (that's unsupported for Metal) but it'll work perfectly fine as a build machine.

    Thanked by 1FAT32
Sign In or Register to comment.