Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get a NVME RYZEN 9 KVM VPS! - /w DOUBLE Bandwidth @ just 19.99€/Year | DDoS Protect. | Netherlands - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get a NVME RYZEN 9 KVM VPS! - /w DOUBLE Bandwidth @ just 19.99€/Year | DDoS Protect. | Netherlands

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@stefeman said:
    Its down again.

185.196.220.xxx

Status is offline and restart does nothing.

No network outages currently.

https://hostslick.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

• Invoice #2022-07-31-297

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2022

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:
    Its down again.

185.196.220.xxx

TL:DR this is NOT my server. Im helping my friends with their VPS and refering them to you.

Ticket created by my friend. #330870

Im about to send another one your way soon, but I wonder what caused this guy's server unable to boot.

It does not ping, or start up. I wonder if he fucked it up himself, and if so, tell me and I can guide them. I already this guy to not bother with tickets unless its 100% network or host node issue.

• Order Number: 9831845197

Thanks

• coldcold Member

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:
    Its down again.

185.196.220.xxx

my almere also rebooted....

• @HostSlick VMID: 7082 cannot be started, the operation is locked.

If you cannot open it for whatever reason, my friend at least needs his data out.

Can this be resolved somehow? 4 hours downtime again.

If you do not wish to continue providing service, at least give the data out as this dude had no backups given he trusted my recommendation about hostslick 100%.

@crazychen said:
    Invoice #2022-07-31-297

Good evening, bandwidth doubled ;)

@naton said:
    Order Number: 9831845197

Thanks

Awesome! Thank you for your purchase - doubled!

@cold said:

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:
    Its down again.

185.196.220.xxx

my almere also rebooted....

1x Node rebooted after seeing problems with the raid. Node operational again.

@stefeman said:
    @HostSlick VMID: 7082 cannot be started, the operation is locked.

If you cannot open it for whatever reason, my friend at least needs his data out.

If you do not wish to continue providing service, at least give the data out as this dude had no backups given he trusted my recommendation about hostslick 100%.

Apologise for delay in response, last few days very busy. Im currently hanlding it with all possibilities and Human resources i have

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • Order Number: 8484953851

Please add extra disk space instead of bandwidth.

Thank you

• docmeth02docmeth02 Member
    edited August 2022

Invoice #2022-08-09-121

No ipv6 assigned yet?

edited August 2022

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:
    @HostSlick VMID: 7082 cannot be started, the operation is locked.

Apologise for delay in response, last few days very busy. Im currently hanlding it with all possibilities and Human resources i have

I'm really happy if you could find some time to check this out.

The problem still continues xD

I hope the entire node is not fucked up.

edited August 2022

17 hours downtime now. We're starting to lose hope.

The last response was 7 hours ago:

I have forwarded this to a SysAdmin that may be competent enough to check issue with the vps Image after reboot

• Hello!
    Invoice #2022-08-09-115
    Thanks!

edited August 2022

After 27 hours:

We got reply from sysadmin.

Unable to boot up, unable to rescue data, unable to continue for now.

We have requested vzdump files to fix it ourselves. if they can't provide that, we also requested just the .raw file of the virtual disk and any important settings they used with the KVM machine, so we can at least rescue it ourselves somehow.

Let's hope for the best.

• @HostSlick said:

@CalmDown said:
    No monthly deals? :)

@riofredinand said:
    €2 or €2.5 monthly deal, how's that?

Quarterly, Semi-Annually now available too instead :)

Grabbed one order No.1523443995

@xauser said:
    Order Number: 8484953851

Please add extra disk space instead of bandwidth.

Thank you

done that as we talked.
    if you not see it inside your VM, STOP then START VPS from panel :)

@docmeth02 said:
    Invoice #2022-08-09-121

No ipv6 assigned yet?

All done, enjoy

Thanked by 1docmeth02

@mizhgan said:
    Hello!
    Invoice #2022-08-09-115
    Thanks!

thank you for ordering your first VPS with us. We have gone ahead and doubled your bw!

@stefeman said:
    After 27 hours:

We got reply from sysadmin.

Unable to boot up, unable to rescue data, unable to continue for now.

We have requested vzdump files to fix it ourselves. if they can't provide that, we also requested just the .raw file of the virtual disk and any important settings they used with the KVM machine, so we can at least rescue it ourselves somehow.

Let's hope for the best.

great
    I guess the colleague will help him out. Im bit in a rush. Ill review that later.

@riofredinand said:

@HostSlick said:

@CalmDown said:
    No monthly deals? :)

@riofredinand said:
    €2 or €2.5 monthly deal, how's that?

Quarterly, Semi-Annually now available too instead :)

Grabbed one order No.1523443995

Glad to see you now joined too! CHeck it out and enjoy!

• So far so good. Server feels solid. No IPv6 or rDNS yet though, but that will come soon.

• AstroyaAstroya Member
    edited August 2022

Order #3977941429
    Possibility to get some extra RAM instead of bandwidth ?
    Thanks !

edited August 2022

Never had worse service anywhere before.

Empty promises are being continued, but the VPS server and website remains down up to this day. We asked for download link, they instead asked for place to put the disk image which they could not start. Okay, we provided two different places they could put it to.

13 hours later, still nothing.

We have already moved to another provider now with 2 weeks old backup. By the time we hear anything back from these guys, it won't be any use.

TL:DR

So my friend had an overly expensive VPS plan with EIG and is looking to upgrade there. I told him to go with LET provider instead for equal or better uptime and he gets better VPS for the same prices he pays to EIG provider.

We decide that he should go with hostslick.

Okay, everything works like dream for about 2 weeks.

Then theres router fuckup one morning and website is down like 8 hours.

My friend asked about it, and this is the response he got.

Fair enough, routers and servers go offline sometimes. No hard feelings. such downtime once a month is normal.

Eventually the provider manages to fix the one remaining node and the website goes back up. 4-5 hours later than the time he responded in the ticket though.

The very next morning, its down again and VPS shows as offline.

Ok, what now?

(And no, my friend did not abuse the CPU as the graph is bugged).

My friend makes a ticket about it, given that the website has only been up for some hours after the last downtime.

At this point, the sysadmin finally answers whats the issue with the server.

My friend does not understand really whats the issue, so he asks me to take over messaging with the ticket system. I noticed that hes trying to boot VPS on proxmox which has .raw file missing from the system or theres no permissions to open it.

I asked about it from another provider who kindly helped me and said:

To me it sounds like he was cloning off the main template and the main template got yeeted so anything chaining from it is dead

So I figured, as long as I have the .raw file, I can fix/recover it myself with my own proxmox node, so I proceed to ask for any backup zip or even just the disk image to get it solved myself and then get a blank machine. At this point we are still considering staying with hostslick.

Time passes on, and we get another reply from the sysadmin asking to where to put the file. Well, we kinda hoped for direct download link or the system mounted into some server, but whatever. We give google drive link.

No response for 30 mins.. Okay, let's provide SFTP details as well..

No response for 3 hours.. Okay, we start restoring the 2 week old backup ourselves in case the provider stops communicating.

Next morning, theres still nothing in either locations. No communication or backups even to this very moment. and the VPS obviously still remains down.

At this point or web service is already back up and we're faster restoring the recent stuff ourselves than relying on any help from this provider.

The worst thing here is, that they still had time to serve new orders yet, they just couldn't do even the minimal thing for us and grab the .raw file and make it available to us.

Never again. Absolute garbage.

Thanked by 2tester4 gzz
  • coldcold Member

hostslick is not what it used to be anymore....

• New drama? :o

• OrderId: 4321248219

Can I get the bandwidth doubled?

• mwtmwt Member

@stefeman said:

Never had worse service anywhere before.

Empty promises are being continued, but the VPS server and website remains down up to this day. We asked for download link, they instead asked for place to put the disk image which they could not start. Okay, we provided two different places they could put it to.

13 hours later, still nothing.

We have already moved to another provider now with 2 weeks old backup. By the time we hear anything back from these guys, it won't be any use.

TL:DR

So my friend had an overly expensive VPS plan with EIG and is looking to upgrade there. I told him to go with LET provider instead for equal or better uptime and he gets better VPS for the same prices he pays to EIG provider.

We decide that he should go with hostslick.

Okay, everything works like dream for about 2 weeks.

Then theres router fuckup one morning and website is down like 8 hours.

My friend asked about it, and this is the response he got.

Fair enough, routers and servers go offline sometimes. No hard feelings. such downtime once a month is normal.

Eventually the provider manages to fix the one remaining node and the website goes back up. 4-5 hours later than the time he responded in the ticket though.

The very next morning, its down again and VPS shows as offline.

Ok, what now?

(And no, my friend did not abuse the CPU as the graph is bugged).

My friend makes a ticket about it, given that the website has only been up for some hours after the last downtime.

At this point, the sysadmin finally answers whats the issue with the server.

My friend does not understand really whats the issue, so he asks me to take over messaging with the ticket system. I noticed that hes trying to boot VPS on proxmox which has .raw file missing from the system or theres no permissions to open it.

I asked about it from another provider who kindly helped me and said:

To me it sounds like he was cloning off the main template and the main template got yeeted so anything chaining from it is dead

So I figured, as long as I have the .raw file, I can fix/recover it myself with my own proxmox node, so I proceed to ask for any backup zip or even just the disk image to get it solved myself and then get a blank machine. At this point we are still considering staying with hostslick.

Time passes on, and we get another reply from the sysadmin asking to where to put the file. Well, we kinda hoped for direct download link or the system mounted into some server, but whatever. We give google drive link.

No response for 30 mins.. Okay, let's provide SFTP details as well..

No response for 3 hours.. Okay, we start restoring the 2 week old backup ourselves in case the provider stops communicating.

Next morning, theres still nothing in either locations. No communication or backups even to this very moment. and the VPS obviously still remains down.

At this point or web service is already back up and we're faster restoring the recent stuff ourselves than relying on any help from this provider.

The worst thing here is, that they still had time to serve new orders yet, they just couldn't do even the minimal thing for us and grab the .raw file and make it available to us.

Never again. Absolute garbage.

Following for drama

edited August 2022

@Astroya said:
    Order #3977941429
    Possibility to get some extra RAM instead of bandwidth ?
    Thanks !

Contact support. We will deal with the inquiry and check what we can do in case of RAM. :)