Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for lowkey provider with IP's which are not banned in Turkmenistan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for lowkey provider with IP's which are not banned in Turkmenistan

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

How can I rent a VPS inside Turkmenistan?
    I want to establish a node there for push-ups delivery.
    My closest nodes are in Germany and latency is too high.
    I found hostiso but they only have managed shared hosting in Turkmenistan, while their unmanaged services are in Germany.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Saahib said: What are they trying to block btw and from what ?

The Wikipedia entry paints a pretty grim picture:

"Turkmenistan ranks among the most repressive and closed societies in the world. The Internet is heavily regulated and available only to a small fraction of the population. Censorship is ubiquitous and extensive. Surveillance is significant, and the few citizens who benefit from access to the Internet are closely monitored by state agencies. Self-censorship is common."

Thanked by 3Logano Void loay
  • szarkaszarka Member

Have you tried Virtono? I have one of their LET deals in BUcharest and it's pretty good.

Bucharest,RO
    IPv4: 89.33.195.67
    IPv6: 2a0e:1d80:0001:00b0:0000:0000:0000:0001
    Speed Test Download Link: http://89.33.195.67/1000mb.bin

Thanked by 1TheGreatOakley
  • sotssots Member

If you can work with IPv6, that may be easier. You can get IPv6 /48 PA from tunnelbroker.ch (or securebit) and announce it on other ASNs.

• @sots said: If you can work with IPv6, that >may be easier. You can get IPv6 /48 PA from tunnelbroker.ch (or securebit) and announce it on >other ASNs.

There is no IPv6 connectivity country-wide in Turkmenistan, like North Korea.
    https://bgp.he.net/country/TM

In fact I saw on Youtube docu that even getting a sim card for a tourist is quite an ordeal.

• @luckypenguin said:

@sots said: If you can work with IPv6, that >may be easier. You can get IPv6 /48 PA from tunnelbroker.ch (or securebit) and announce it on >other ASNs.

In fact I saw on Youtube docu that even getting a sim card for a tourist is quite an ordeal.

There is indeed a prefix, and https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption shows a tiny tiny portion of requests do come from IPv6 from TM. IPv6 might be available to someone.

• @Kousaka said:

@luckypenguin said:

@sots said: If you can work with IPv6, that >may be easier. You can get IPv6 /48 PA from tunnelbroker.ch (or securebit) and announce it on >other ASNs.

There is indeed a prefix, and https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption shows a tiny tiny portion of requests do come from IPv6 from TM. IPv6 might be available to someone.

Google's GeoIP accuracy is dog shite. Many times I get redirected to weird countries, many VPNs
    will now be considered "Russia" by Google because of the sudden spike of users that choose this
    language in settings.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hi!
    You can check https://proof.hazi.ro

Thanked by 1TheGreatOakley
  • LoganoLogano Member

@luckypenguin said:
    Google's GeoIP accuracy is dog shite. Many times I get redirected to weird countries

I can second this. My Korean VPS from a Korean DC is considered to be in HK by Google while nobody else sees it as so.

• Tested all the IP's and providers so far all of them are blocked, lmao.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

How are you getting LET if VPNs and CF is blocked?

• Interesting.

How about Turkey? Far from a shining beacon of internet freedom but compared to other nations which Turkmenistan is friendly with, it's probably one of the freest.

I would also echo previous comment about Russia as well. Friendly ties with Turkmenistan and seemingly much freer (although still limited) internet access.

Are the big cloud providers also blocked? AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Alibaba?

• @raindog308 said:

He uses hong kong sim card. He said on page 1 before.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Dupondt said:
    Interesting.

How about Turkey? Far from a shining beacon of internet freedom but compared to other nations which Turkmenistan is friendly with, it's probably one of the freest.

I would also echo previous comment about Russia as well. Friendly ties with Turkmenistan and seemingly much freer (although still limited) internet access.

Are the big cloud providers also blocked? AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Alibaba?

Turkey would probably be a good bet

Op - hope you find a solution

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I'll be honest - it'd probably be better you figuring out an AS that does work based on websites you are able to visit, and then trying to see if someone here knows if anyone is able to help.

How is AS12389 (Rostelecom, lg.ip.rt.ru) or AS200350 (Yandex Cloud)?

• szarkaszarka Member

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Tested all the IP's and providers so far all of them are blocked, lmao.

How about AlphaVPS?

Sofia, BG
    Test IPv4: 79.124.7.8
    Test IPv6: 2a01:8740:1:76f::ea47/64

• ourvdsourvds Member

no one will help you, and if they help, it will not last long, it’s also more expensive to work with this country, plus the relationship of customers from this country doesn’t give a damn as if the provider owes them something

• ralfralf Member

OTOH it doesn't sound like there's much egress data anyway, so even if a provider's entire AS got blocked it's probably not really that big a deal. In fact, it might even be useful if it's hosting one of the few sites that's allowed to be visited, because if they've chosen to allow that site for some reason, accidentally blocking it might force them into a less heavy-handed approach.

• I'm curious about how the internet is censored in Turkmenistan, using simple and crude IP address blocking?

• Is AWS blocked?

• @TheGreatOakley, even if you find the IP range/provider which works, that's the matter of days, sometimes hours, for it to be blocked if you want to provide VPN service on scale.

My feeling is that Turkmen censorship system manually detect the tunnels and block them, because:

• There aren't that many internet users in the country per se
    • 30-40% of Internet is already blocked and I honestly don't know what do they do on the net without the VPN
    • Port 53 UDP is blocked, only ISP DNS resolver works
    • The tunnels are so obvious for the censor because of communication with a single IP address for quite amount of time and no DNS queries to the ISP resolver

@TheGreatOakley said: None of protocols (v2ray, etc) will help

Golang's TLS handshake characteristics are blocked, that's why v2ray won't work in TLS mode. You can still use it as a shadowsocks client or with HTTP (not HTTPS) tunneling mode. Or you can patch it to change the ciphersuites/TLS filelds order, but that has been blocked by the censor also quite frequently.

@TheGreatOakley said: and CloudFlare is banned.

Actually a single range 104.27.0.0/16 still works.

TL;DR: use Psiphon with pre-resolved DNS (DNSResolverPreresolvedIPAddressCIDRs configuration option on the newest version).

P.S. The censorship firewall is one-way block only ;)

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

we have multiple subnets available in USA let me know if you still need
    https://kansaslg.khanwebhost.com/ you can check our LG have about 50+ clients from Turkmenistan they are using our services since last few month i think its working there
    before ordering please read our tos
    https://khanwebhost.com/tos.php

we dont allows Public VPN

• Both Turkey and US looking glass IP address is blocked.

• foitinfoitin Member

@ValdikSS said:

My feeling is that Turkmen censorship system manually detect the tunnels and block them, because:

• There aren't that many internet users in the country per se
    • 30-40% of Internet is already blocked and I honestly don't know what do they do on the net without the VPN
    • Port 53 UDP is blocked, only ISP DNS resolver works
    • The tunnels are so obvious for the censor because of communication with a single IP address for quite amount of time and no DNS queries to the ISP resolver

Golang's TLS handshake characteristics are blocked, that's why v2ray won't work in TLS mode. You can still use it as a shadowsocks client or with HTTP (not HTTPS) tunneling mode. Or you can patch it to change the ciphersuites/TLS filelds order, but that has been blocked by the censor also quite frequently.

@TheGreatOakley said: and CloudFlare is banned.

Actually a single range 104.27.0.0/16 still works.

TL;DR: use Psiphon with pre-resolved DNS (DNSResolverPreresolvedIPAddressCIDRs configuration option on the newest version).

P.S. The censorship firewall is one-way block only ;)

dang. how do you know all of these?

• emgemg Veteran

@raindog308 said:

I have been assuming all along that @TheGreatOakley is not actually in Turkmenistan, but is trying to fulfill the need from outside.

I read the same Wikipedia article about Turkmenistan that @raindog308 mentioned. It is worth reading to understand the situation better.

• sotssots Member

Is it okay to use torrent protocols such as DHT or PeX to test the alive IPs? I'm curious about it :)

• sotssots Member

Another question: Is Chinese ASNs banned? e.g. AS4134, AS4812, AS4837, AS9808, AS24400.

• Turkmenistan is basically North Korea with huge territory and shitload of natural resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Turkmenistan

Ever wondered why you've never heard anything bad about them before?

Answer:

• Checked all above IP's + all IP's from looking.house. Everything is blocked.

I want to thank everyone in this thread for trying to help and solve this issue.

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Checked all above IP's + all IP's from looking.house. Everything is blocked.

I want to thank everyone in this thread for trying to help and solve this issue.

The end is nigh.

What about https://proof.hazi.ro ?
    Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.