Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My hosthatch server cannot boot
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My hosthatch server cannot boot

In the new control panel, the bandwidth displays an error
I reinstall the system to display offline
I tried to send the work order but no reply
I can't connect to my server now
This is terrible
It's been more than 24 hours
image.png

Comments

• haolunhaolun Member

I like hosthatch very much
    Because it provides very cheap storage servers
    But I hope they will reply as soon as possible o:)

• LeviLevi Member

Where is work order/demand number?

• haolunhaolun Member

@LTniger said:

• haolunhaolun Member

@LTniger said:

Technical Support — #484095

• raviravi Member

@haolun said:
    This is terrible

You may have to wait several days to get a reply.
    But their reply is to the point and aimed to fix the issue.

• haolunhaolun Member

@ravi said:

@haolun said:
    This is terrible

You may have to wait several days to get a reply.
    But their reply is to the point and aimed to fix the issue.

thanks! I'm waiting
    I just hope it's faster

• What happens when you press the play button?

• Paste you account login info here and we'll have a look

Regards LowendSupport

Thanked by 1Logano
  • haolunhaolun Member

@luckypenguin said:
    What happens when you press the play button?

The running moment will be displayed

Then I returned to offline in a short time

• haolunhaolun Member

@corbpie said:
    Paste you account login info here and we'll have a look

Regards LowendSupport

Technical Support — #484095

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited July 2022

You can try something else.

From screenshot I see that you used "reinstall" option. Template may be broken or something. Use rather ISO installation. It's not that hard.

• At the bottom of the hosthatch control panel select ISO to mount.
    • Restart.
    • Open "Console" access and pick installation (non graphical) and go through installation process.
    • Once your stuff is installed un-mount ISO and reboot VPS to log in.
    Thanked by 1haolun
  • nvmenvme Member

It looks like you are over your bandwidth cap. There is 1 TB bandwidth as far as I remember, for 250 GB storage.

Thanked by 1haolun
  • I've encountered the same issue on one of my HostHatch VPSes. I was trying a reinstall to see if it'd get rid of the "legacy" tag in their UI (since the tooltip on that tag says that a reinstall will update it to use the new platform), but as soon as I reinstalled using a Debian image, the server stopped being able to boot. I try to boot it and it immediately stops, and I can never connect via VNC using their console, so I can't even try an ISO installation. Seems like it's completely failing to start the VPS. I've got a support ticket open for it too.

Thanked by 3haolun webcraft Logano
  • @Daniel15 said: I've got a support ticket open for it too.

Probably will be quicker just to buy a new one on Black friday

Thanked by 1Logano
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

@Daniel15 said:
    I've encountered the same issue on one of my HostHatch VPSes. I was trying a reinstall to see if it'd get rid of the "legacy" tag in their UI (since the tooltip on that tag says that a reinstall will update it to use the new platform), but as soon as I reinstalled using a Debian image, the server stopped being able to boot. I try to boot it and it immediately stops, and I can never connect via VNC using their console, so I can't even try an ISO installation. Seems like it's completely failing to start the VPS. I've got a support ticket open for it too.

let me know if it gets fixed as i have a legacy too. could it be the new images is for smaller capacity (GB instead of GiB)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2022

@corbpie said:

@Daniel15 said: I've got a support ticket open for it too.

I'm not sure if they'll do any crazy sales this year since they have to recoup the cost of the new hardware. Maybe just on the old hardware that frees up due to cancelations. Their regular pricing is quite competitive compared to other hosts now (but not crazy low like their Black Friday sales were)

Thanked by 2corbpie ariq01
  • haolunhaolun Member

@Mumbly said:
    You can try something else.

From screenshot I see that you used "reinstall" option. Template may be broken or something. Use rather ISO installation. It's not that hard.

• At the bottom of the hosthatch control panel select ISO to mount.
    • Restart.
    • Open "Console" access and pick installation (non graphical) and go through installation process.
    • Once your stuff is installed un-mount ISO and reboot VPS to log in.

Still unable to start

• haolunhaolun Member

@nvme said:
    It looks like you are over your bandwidth cap. There is 1 TB bandwidth as far as I remember, for 250 GB storage.

did not

• haolunhaolun Member

@Daniel15 said:
    I've encountered the same issue on one of my HostHatch VPSes. I was trying a reinstall to see if it'd get rid of the "legacy" tag in their UI (since the tooltip on that tag says that a reinstall will update it to use the new platform), but as soon as I reinstalled using a Debian image, the server stopped being able to boot. I try to boot it and it immediately stops, and I can never connect via VNC using their console, so I can't even try an ISO installation. Seems like it's completely failing to start the VPS. I've got a support ticket open for it too.

I'm in the same situation as you

• haolunhaolun Member

@Daniel15 said:

@corbpie said:

@Daniel15 said: I've got a support ticket open for it too.

I'm not sure if they'll do any crazy sales this year since they have to recoup the cost of the new hardware. Maybe just on the old hardware that frees up due to cancelations. Their regular pricing is quite competitive compared to other hosts now (but not crazy low like their Black Friday sales were)

I hope so

• henixhenix Member

Hi! Welcome to LowEndSupport

I'm contacting you about your WorkOrder #484095.
    Looks like there is a problem with your VM so what you need to do is cancel your current VM and once you did that please open another ticket so we can create another one for you.
    Thank you!

Thanked by 1Logano
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited July 2022

@Daniel15 said:
    I was trying a reinstall to see if it'd get rid of the "legacy" tag in their UI (since the tooltip on that tag says that a reinstall will update it to use the new platform)

Did the tag/label disappear now?

• Why not tag them? @hosthatch

• kasodkkasodk Barred

@ascicode said:
    Why not tag them? @hosthatch

Because they will charge OP $5 for creating multiple support tickets. One in their system + a LET support ticket.

Or make up other funny fees.

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/4363/i-sent-two-tickets-hosthatch-charged-me-5

• bdlbdl Member

This is terrible

• AcacyAcacy Member
    edited July 2022

I encounter the same issue, after migration from old panel to new panel my VM stopped working

Raised ticket to the support team and within 5 hours time
    My VM is back online

• @webcraft said:

@Daniel15 said:
    I was trying a reinstall to see if it'd get rid of the "legacy" tag in their UI (since the tooltip on that tag says that a reinstall will update it to use the new platform)

Did the tag/label disappear now?

Not yet. They did reply and fix my VPS quite quickly. They said this about the legacy tag:

Please ignore the legacy tag if you have already reinstalled your VM, as your VM should already have access to all current and upcoming features if you've reinstalled. We will remove the tag in the coming days after we've completed the migrations.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2022

@cybertech said: let me know if it gets fixed as i have a legacy too. could it be the new images is for smaller capacity (GB instead of GiB)

The thing I'm still not sure about is this: What does "reinstall" mean?

I don't actually use the images - I always reinstall from ISO. However, if I just reinstall via ISO, does that count as a "reinstall" to their system? How would the host system know that I've reinstalled?

For the VPS I'm using as a test case, I created a disk image using Clonezilla, and I'm going to restore that after installing a newer image (so I'm not actually going to use the image). Does that still count as a "reinstall", or will that still be considered legacy? What differentiates legacy from non-legacy?

I suspect reinstalling via an image through their control panel wipes away the legacy VPS config and replaces it with a newer version, essentially deleting and recreating the VPS, meaning the only way to actually upgrade it from a legacy VPS is via an image. That's the reason I was trying to use the image initially but it'd be great for @hosthatch to clarify.

By the way, it looks like even the legacy VPSes have opt-in access to their new private networking feature, which is actually private just for your VPSes (rather than shared with other customers in the same location). This is great!

Thanked by 2cybertech yoursunny
  • @Daniel15 said:

I don't actually use the images - I always reinstall from ISO. However, if I just reinstall via ISO, does that count as a "reinstall" to their system? How would the host system know that I've reinstalled?

For the VPS I'm using as a test case, I created a disk image using Clonezilla, and I'm going to restore that after installing a newer image (so I'm not actually going to use the image). Does that still count as a "reinstall", or will that still be considered legacy? What differentiates legacy from non-legacy?

Theoretically you can reinstall without ever mounting an ISO via the panel. That's how you
    can install Windows/BSD on providers who don't support custom ISOs.
    Example:
    https://kernal.eu/posts/customdistrokvmvps/

• Deadpooling?