Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Termius (SSH client)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Termius (SSH client)

tmepytmepy Member

Is there any alternative to Termius with sftp built in and syncing of hosts thats open source or self hostable (self hostable as in storing the sync data).
I want it to store my ssh keys and stuff because I ssh from multiple devices and it would be tedious to enter it always.

Thats how Termius looks just for context and I would like some alternative similar to it :) .

Thanks

Comments

• If it is Windows then MobaXterm. Which platform you are using?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I use Xshell and love it. Store the data file on OneDrive and I can access it anywhere. Has auth/key storage.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • Tabby / Hyper

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Any suggestions for Linux (other than Tabby/Hyper) that is close to Termius?

• taizitaizi Member

i use MobaXterm, but i don't know how to backup/sync

• @Arkas said:
    Any suggestions for Linux (other than Tabby/Hyper) that is close to Termius?

PortX, Rayon

Thanked by 2Arkas tmepy
  • Another vote for mobaxterm. I like it so much I bought the paid version.

It isn't open source, but you can store the files on onedrive/dropbox/etc

A downside is that the free version limits you to 12 saved sessions.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I use the standard OpenSSH client on Linux and Windows (part of Git for Windows).
    scp and sftp commands are part of the package.
    Settings can be synchronized by copying ~/.ssh folder to a floppy and insert it on another computer.

• I found Tabby to be the best alternative, but it is often a hit/miss when I try to connect hosts. From the same machine, I can SSH from a Windows Powershell, but Tabby refuses to connect. If Termius wasn't so expensive (8.30/month to manage my hobby servers/idlers), I would gladly pay for the sync.

• tjntjn Member

I use Royal TS (the Mac version) - I like it!
    https://royalapps.com/ts/

• I contacted the Termius team about their pricing many times to reduce the monthly subscription, because it's the best, and I couldn't find any alternative to its options.

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Have you tried the Bitvise SSH Client?

• dosaidosai Member

@MohamadSY said:
    I contacted the Termius team about their pricing many times to reduce the monthly subscription, because it's the best, and I couldn't find any alternative to its options.

If you have an edu email account, it's free with GitHub edu pack.

• MrEdMrEd Member

@yoursunny said:
    I use the standard OpenSSH client on Linux and Windows (part of Git for Windows).
    scp and sftp commands are part of the package.
    Settings can be synchronized by copying ~/.ssh folder to a floppy and insert it on another computer.

I hope you mean this floppy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:8-inch_floppy_disk_-_IZOT,_Bulgaria.jpg

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Microsoft Windows Subsystem for Linux 😁

• YmpkerYmpker Member

MobaXterm is great.

• I paid for MobaXTerm.

It's the only software I've paid for on windows in > 20 years.

• Go with MobaXTerm. I'm using free version but maybe should pay because it's good. :)

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

OpenSSH works great

Thanked by 1jar
  • Android: Termux
    Linux: any terminal with default OpenSSH
    Windows: MobaXTerm
    macOS: default OpenSSH

Use ssh config file to sync my configuration, plain text.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • tmepytmepy Member

@dosai said:

@MohamadSY said:
    I contacted the Termius team about their pricing many times to reduce the monthly subscription, because it's the best, and I couldn't find any alternative to its options.

If you have an edu email account, it's free with GitHub edu pack.

Yes, I currently use it with my github education pack and am looking for something that I can use when it expires

• tmepytmepy Member

@MGarbis said:
    Go with MobaXTerm. I'm using free version but maybe should pay because it's good. :)

Paying yearly is something I would like to avoid

• tmepytmepy Member

@CalmDown said:
    Tabby / Hyper

I am not sure how to sync on tabby tried it before but did not work

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

@einverne said: Android: Termux
    Linux: any terminal with default OpenSSH
    Windows: MobaXTerm
    macOS: default OpenSSH

That looks like Windows bias to me. The other 2 OSs are getting very standard stuff...

• edited July 2022

Tried looking for alternatives too, but looks like Termius is the only winner (for now).

Cross platform (incl. mobile/ipad), sync host + keys across devices, multi SSH sessions, need those kind of features..

Someone pls create termius competitor, currently managing these servers:

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I use WebSSH for both Mac and iPhone and then WSL for windows, I just sync the configs between the two, they don’t really change often.

• seikanseikan Member

I'm using Tabby. Works on Windows and macOS with sync feature. It's the best and free alternative for Termius.

Thanked by 1imgmoney
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@seikan said: I'm using Tabby. Works on Windows and macOS with sync feature. It's the best and free alternative for Termius.

The irony is, most of these apps will be used to access Linux machines, yet there is no Linux client for them...

• seikanseikan Member

@Arkas said:

@seikan said: I'm using Tabby. Works on Windows and macOS with sync feature. It's the best and free alternative for Termius.

The irony is, most of these apps will be used to access Linux machines, yet there is no Linux client for them...

It works on Linux too :smiley:

https://github.com/Eugeny/tabby/releases

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@seikan said: It works on Linux too :smiley:

Thanks for the link! Downloading it now!