Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Special - 4 vCPUs, 16 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD KVM for 9,99€ / month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Special - 4 vCPUs, 16 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD KVM for 9,99€ / month

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2022

@sthosting said: The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

?

?

?

translate it to something that makes sense: How much of those CPU can I use?

Thanked by 1SinV
  • @sthosting said: The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

It isn't dedicated if there is a fair use policy on their usage

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

@lukehebb said:

@sthosting said: The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

It isn't dedicated if there is a fair use policy on their usage

Okay, let me try to explain this: We're using a reservation policy of the ressources, which provides you the cores dedicated to your KVM Server. But we don't permit the permanent usage of 100%, because usually when you're doing such things as mining or something like that, you're generating permanently heavy IO on the server, which also have an impact to the storage and ssds on the server. So yes, the cores are dedicated, but we're forbidding some usecases (such as mining etc.) in our terms.

• ralfralf Member

Why don't you just forbid mining then? Saying the CPU cores are dedicated but you can't use them all because some people who use high CPU also have high disk IO is a little bit strange.

Also, wouldn't regular CPU-based mining actually have very little impact on disk IO? It is, after all, a CPU bound activity not disk bound.

Thanked by 2sthosting Arkas
  • szarkaszarka Member

@ralf said:
    Why don't you just forbid mining then? Saying the CPU cores are dedicated but you can't use them all because some people who use high CPU also have high disk IO is a little bit strange.

Also, wouldn't regular CPU-based mining actually have very little impact on disk IO? It is, after all, a CPU bound activity not disk bound.

Yeah, I agree. If you're running a full node, sure, you're going to have a lot of IO. But just mining as part of a pool isn't going to use much IO or much bandwidth, just CPU/GPU. The only real issue I can see if these cores are truly dedicated is that it will generate a lot of heat.

Thanked by 2sthosting yoursunny
  • When a provider you use says the cores are dedicated is like watching your favourite pub burn down.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur sthosting
  • reizhireizhi Member

Have been using their service for months, 100% SLA for now.

Thanked by 1sthosting

@ralf said:

It is already forbidden, I just had problems to answer clearly to the question :) - We're very generous with our ressources.. So it wouldn't be a problem if the customers use the server in general 24/7 to 100%. We've a really good monitoring and as long as other customers don't have an impact (on the shared ressources like IO etc.), than all is fine.

@corbpie said:
    When a provider you use says the cores are dedicated is like watching your favourite pub burn down.

Hehe it is what it is :) - We're calculating our ressources always with dedicated cores. So it wouldn't be a problem, when every customer on the node use's Cores :)

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @sthosting said: So yes, the cores are dedicated, but we're forbidding some usecases (such as mining etc.) in our terms.

@sthosting said: So it wouldn't be a problem if the customers use the server in general 24/7 to 100%. We've a really good monitoring and as long as other customers don't have an impact (on the shared ressources like IO etc.), than all is fine.

Thank you for clarifying! IO limiting / management is perfectly reasonable, but it was just a bit poorly worded in previous replies I think. This makes more sense and sounds far more reasonable :smiley:

Thanked by 2sthosting yoursunny
  • sonicsonic Veteran

any chance for smaller plan?
    2 cpu, 8gb ram, 50gb ssd, half price

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@sthosting said:

@Teko said:
    Are those 4 cores shared with other VM? Can I use them 100% 24*7?

The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

Then they are not dedicated.

@lukehebb said:

@sthosting said: So yes, the cores are dedicated, but we're forbidding some usecases (such as mining etc.) in our terms.

@sthosting said: So it wouldn't be a problem if the customers use the server in general 24/7 to 100%. We've a really good monitoring and as long as other customers don't have an impact (on the shared ressources like IO etc.), than all is fine.

Thank you for clarifying! IO limiting / management is perfectly reasonable, but it was just a bit poorly worded in previous replies I think. This makes more sense and sounds far more reasonable :smiley:

Sure no problem :)

@sonic said:

Sorry, not at this summer.. we will think about another special on a later time of the year..

@yoursunny said:

@sthosting said:

@Teko said:
    Are those 4 cores shared with other VM? Can I use them 100% 24*7?

The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

Then they are not dedicated.

We‘ve already discussed it here :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

So can we use all the cores 100% if it is NOT for mining? The part were you say they are dedicated, yet restricted contradict each other and is confusing.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Arkas said:
    So can we use all the cores 100% if it is NOT for mining? The part were you say they are dedicated, yet restricted contradict each other and is confusing.

Exactly, yes :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Yes it is confusing or yes they are truly dedicated cores? :smile:

Thanked by 3equalz sthosting ralf
  • equalzequalz Member

good price!

Thanked by 1sthosting

@Arkas said:

Yes to both hehe :)

@equalz said:
    good price!

Thank you! :)

• @Arkas said:

He said that the CPU cores are dedicated so you can use it 100%. But I/O are shared so it depends on what you are planning to do. You can use 100% CPU as long as the shared resources are in fair usage.

• nvmenvme Member

Do you offer backup or snapshot functionality?

• @sonic said:
    any reviews about this provider? how about their uptime, support?

I have used their service for a little while and I was very happy with it. Support is also friendly and fast.

Thanked by 1sthosting

@nvme said:
    Do you offer backup or snapshot functionality?

Yes but currently controled by us only. We've a periodicly backupjob (round about twice a week) which we safe your server to a dedicated backupspace. At this time, you're only beeing able to restore the backup, not to take a backup / snapshot.

Okay just a Short Information: we got only 10 servers left until it’s sold out :)

The Special has been sold out. Thank you :)

Some customers haven't extend the running time, so we've capacites for 5 more servers. So the Product is back for sale :)

• @lala_th said: @sthosting it's possible to install Windows?

>
    yes , I am using win 2019 trial on this deal and works very fine.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • @sthosting said:

@sonic said:

Sorry, not at this summer.. we will think about another special on a later time of the year..

>

Dont know if i talked about it allready,b but and offers with 200gb anytime with less RAM?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@ascicode said:

@sthosting said:

@sonic said:

>

Dont know if i talked about it allready,b but and offers with 200gb anytime with less RAM?

Sure, I've answered you privately :)

• Are there any servers left?

• Is it too late to get this deal? Seems this plan can't be found anymore.

Hey :)

these are currently out of stock atm. But we will soon get a new hostsystem :)
    I think we will get another bunch tomorrow.

Regards,
    Marco

Thanked by 1ehab