Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Special - 4 vCPUs, 16 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD KVM for 9,99€ / month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Special - 4 vCPUs, 16 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD KVM for 9,99€ / month

sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

We're continueing our offers on these warm summer days and introduce our KVM deal this summer:

Intel Xeon Gold 5120 CPU Servers with **4 Cores, 16GB RAM, 100 GB SSD Storage for 9,99€ per month.
The promo is limitated to 50 Servers, so grab your Server today :)

Server price is recurring as long as the server is rented. Save one month with annual prepayment!

To the offer..

As all our Servers, we're offering this product with the following specs:
Traffic Fair use policy (25 TB / month included)
Free Backup Feature
RDNS Managment
DDoS Protection up to 1 TBit/s
Self developed Management Interface

YABS

Geekbench

Have fun :)

Thanked by 3angstrom SinV Kodis

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Great deal! Glws mate :)

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • sonicsonic Veteran

any reviews about this provider? how about their uptime, support?

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

@sonic said:

Not sure if it's right to give a review about myself, but you can find a lot of informations in our introducing thread :) - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175262/let-me-introduce-you-st-hosting#latest

@Ympker said:
    Great deal! Glws mate :)

Thank you :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Some Yearly deal?

@Neoon said:
    Some Yearly deal?

Not in detail, but if you choose our summerdeal for 12 month, you will get 1 month for free automatically. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@sthosting said:

@Neoon said:
    Some Yearly deal?

Not in detail, but if you choose our summerdeal for 12 month, you will get 1 month for free automatically. :)

Something smol?

• @sthosting it's possible to install Windows?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@lala_th said:
    @sthosting it's possible to install Windows?

Sure, you can install individual OS with our ISO install feature manually :)

Thanked by 1lala_th
  • 4 dedicated cores?

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Looking Glass?

Thanked by 1sthosting

@quanhua92 said:
    4 dedicated cores?

Yes!

@u104b230 said:
    Looking Glass?

https://lg.signaltransmitter.de/

Thanked by 2szarka u104b230
  • miumiu Member

@sonic said:

All is fine - no problems with them

• mhnmhn Member

yabs?

• CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited July 2022

@mhn said:
    yabs?

Cntrl + F => YABS and magically you will find it :)

Thanked by 1miu
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@mhn said:
    yabs?

Thanked by 2ehab Ympker
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited July 2022

Test IP please

nvm

• Why not standard plans recurring with coupon?

• JabJabJabJab Member

Totally offtopic: Could we shoot people posting YABS as images rather than text? No matter if they are user or a provider?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JabJab said:
    Totally offtopic: Could we shoot people posting YABS as images rather than text? No matter if they are user or a provider?

I spoke to the criminal judge and he said no.

• szarkaszarka Member

This is probably a good service for those who have the patience. But, between needing to install Alma from ISO, most of the interface being in German, and having two separate control panels to deal with, it's a no-go for me. At this price, I'm not going to keep it around just for fun. And, for serious work, I need to be able to reinstall quickly and smoothly.

• miumiu Member

@CalmDown said:

@mhn said:
    yabs?

Cntrl + F => YABS and magically you will find it :)

I worry that still not..

@ascicode said:
    Why not standard plans recurring with coupon?

Because a coupon is just a one-way discount in our opinion.

@JabJab said:

Sorry for that :disappointed:

@szarka said:
    This is probably a good service for those who have the patience. But, between needing to install Alma from ISO, most of the interface being in German, and having two separate control panels to deal with, it's a no-go for me. At this price, I'm not going to keep it around just for fun. And, for serious work, I need to be able to reinstall quickly and smoothly.

Hmm you're right, you have to install it manually when you choose another OS then official supported with our images (Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc.)
    But this is very easy to handle with our interface. The interfaces should be all switchable to english language.

• szarkaszarka Member

@sthosting said:

@szarka said:

Hmm you're right, you have to install it manually when you choose another OS then official supported with our images (Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc.)
    But this is very easy to handle with our interface. The interfaces should be all switchable to english language.

The pages showed English as the selected language, and yet the content of the pages and emails were auf Deutsch.

I appreciated that you responded quickly to my ticket and added a custom ISO, but going through a manual install and also needing to install the networking, instead of having it all done automatically in a couple of minutes, is not something I want to have to do (or talk someone else through) in an emergency. The only Red Hat based distribution you offer that way is CentOS, and I think most of us have already switched away from that to Alma and/or Rocky (for obvious reasons).

I think it would be fine for someone who isn't running a critical service and/or for whom saving a few $ is worth spending the extra time.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited July 2022

@szarka said:
    The only Red Hat based distribution you offer that way is CentOS, and I think most of us have already switched away from that to Alma and/or Rocky (for obvious reasons).

As easy as this to turn your CentOS into AlmaLinux:

dnf update -y && curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AlmaLinux/almalinux-deploy/master/almalinux-deploy.sh && chmod +x almalinux-deploy.sh && sudo bash almalinux-deploy.sh -f && reboot now  

Thanked by 2sthosting szarka
  • szarkaszarka Member

@webcraft said:

@szarka said:
    The only Red Hat based distribution you offer that way is CentOS, and I think most of us have already switched away from that to Alma and/or Rocky (for obvious reasons).

As easy as this to turn your CentOS into AlmaLinux:

dnf update -y && curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AlmaLinux/almalinux-deploy/master/almalinux-deploy.sh && chmod +x almalinux-deploy.sh && sudo bash almalinux-deploy.sh -f && reboot now  

I try to keep the installation process as simple as and as easily replicated on different servers as possible—cattle not pets.

If I have a fresh Alma or Rocky install with SSH and at least IPv4, I can get it the rest of the way to a working server within minutes using an Ansible playbook. If I have to remember some weird process for one specific server when something goes wrong in the middle of the night, or do it over a janky cellphone connection, that's not going to go well.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • szarkaszarka Member

@szarka said:

@sthosting said:

The pages showed English as the selected language, and yet the content of the pages and emails were auf Deutsch.

It turns out I was misunderstanding the web page. I thought the little "EN" in the upper-right corner meant that English was the selected language (the way it works on other control panels, e.g., at OVH), but apparently it's a link to switch to English. Made more confusing, I think, by going back and forth between two different control panels for one service.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • @sonic said:

I am running a few boxes at ST hosting since more than a year and always have been very happy with their services. They are very reliable and support tickets are answered and resolved quickly.

Thanked by 3Ympker sthosting sonic
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

@szarka said:

@szarka said:

@sthosting said:

It turns out I was misunderstanding the web page. I thought the little "EN" in the upper-right corner meant that English was the selected language (the way it works on other control panels, e.g., at OVH), but apparently it's a link to switch to English. Made more confusing, I think, by going back and forth between two different control panels for one service.

I know that's not ideal, but there is always right-click + Translate (Google Translate) available.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited July 2022

Are those 4 cores shared with other VM? Can I use them 100% 24*7?
    Mail port allowed?
    What will happen after 25TB traffic is all used?
    Host spec?

P.S. Include the looking glass in the post will be better.

Many thanks.

Thanked by 1sthosting

@Teko said:
    Are those 4 cores shared with other VM? Can I use them 100% 24*7?
    Mail port allowed?
    What will happen after 25TB traffic is all used?
    Host spec?

P.S. Include the looking glass in the post will be better.

Many thanks.

The cores are dedicated, but we're calculating with a fair use policy, so you're not allowed to use them to use it 24/7 at 100% unfortunately.

Mail Port is allowed and when you need more traffic, its currently absolutely no problem.
    The Host Specs can find you in the yabs on the first post :)