Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ivacy (Lifetime VPN) now also supports Wireguard protocol
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ivacy (Lifetime VPN) now also supports Wireguard protocol

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2022 in General

Ivacy, another rather popular VPN that is available on Stacksocial has added Wireguard support :)

With Keepsolid that's the second one of my lifetime VPNs (excluding Windscribe because LTD is no longer for sale) to add Wireguard support. FastestVPN has it on the roadmap, so I hope they'll also introduce it soon. I didn't use Ivacy in ages, but when I was visiting a friend who uses Ivacy lifetime, they told me Wireguard was now available on there. Keep those Wireguard VPNs coming :)

Speed is even quite decent now. The last time I used Ivacy streaming worked fine but I wouldn't get more than 30-40 Mbit/s. Speedtest today using Wireguard:

uH5VRh.md.jpg

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

Android app is not available for my country lol

Screenshot-2022-07-09-13-04-46-640-com-android-vending

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2022

@dosai said: Android app is not available for my country lol

EDIT: Weird but at least the App should be there though :smiley:

Thanked by 1dosai
  • dosaidosai Member

@DP said:

Ok makes sense now. I talked to their live chat and they were super responsive and helpful. Downloaded the app :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@DP said:

Can you perhaps download the apk directly from their website? You could probably import their ovpn configs manually, but Wireguard is only usable with their own client, I think. For now, that is.

• VoidVoid Member

@dosai said:

At this point you shouldn’t trust any VPN that is still on app stores in India.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

Fwiw, Ivacy apk is also available on sites like https://apkpure.com/ivacy-vpn-fastest-secure-vpn/com.ivacy , APKmirror etc..

• xetsysxetsys Member

ivacy is still slowest of all the lifetime vpn subs I have. Even fastestvpn without wireguard protocol performs better.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@xetsys said:
    ivacy is still slowest of all the lifetime vpn subs I have. Even fastestvpn without wireguard protocol performs better.

Yeah, definitely the slowest among the bunch. However, 140 Mbit/s was way better than the last time I used them.

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@dosai said:

https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
    DONE

• magicvpnmagicvpn Member
    edited July 2022

@Ympker said:

@xetsys said:

Yeah, definitely the slowest among the bunch. However, 140 Mbit/s was way better than the last time I used them.

It depends, for me there isn't really a difference between the 3. Also didn't they have wireguard for a while now?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@sonic said:

@dosai said:

https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
    DONE

Instead of downloading apk file from odd and unverified website, Google allow to create a several profiles for different country so be able to download aplication if it's not available in your region - personally don't like the region limitations of apps.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

@magicvpn said:

@Ympker said:

@xetsys said:

It depends, for me there isn't really a difference between the 3. Also didn't they have wireguard for a while now?

They might have had it for a while now. It's just that I hadn't really used them in maybe a year or more 😅

• @Ympker said:
    They might have had it for a while now. It's just that I hadn't really used them in maybe a year or more 😅

I think I shared it in my post not long ago, but at first wireguard was shit, like they did a speedtest when you connected, which for me broke the connection. They "fixed" it recently I guess.

Thanked by 2Ympker Logano
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@magicvpn said:

@Ympker said:

I think I shared it in my post not long ago, but at first wireguard was shit, like they did a speedtest when you connected, which for me broke the connection. They "fixed" it recently I guess.

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the headsup!

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited July 2022

On wireguard, I have always fancied getting myself lifetime vpn deals which have this protocol & split tunneling. Ivacy didn't let me configure split tunnel with wireguard. So I went on a little spending spree recently and got myself 02 other lifetime deals: Bullet & Belka.

I immediately regretted purchasing Belka as it only lists configuration for wireguard & openvpn instead of dedicated windows app. It was a huge turn off. Smartdns is not available for lifetime deals. Android app sucks since it doesn't even let user configure protocol.

On the other hand, bullet was surprisingly pretty polished. It even has smartdns servers that were bundled with the deal. The speed was pretty good too. Split tunnel works like its supposed to and that too with wireguard. I have yet to checkout netflix unblocking in detail. Apparently it doesnt work with few servers i tried.

Thanked by 3Ympker Logano CityBlues
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@xetsys said:
    On wireguard, I have always fancied getting myself lifetime vpn deals which have this protocol & split tunneling. Ivacy didn't let me configure split tunnel with wireguard. So I went on a little spending spree recently and got myself 02 other lifetime deals: Bullet & Belka.

I immediately regretted purchasing Belka as it only lists configuration for wireguard & openvpn instead of dedicated windows app. It was a huge turn off. Smartdns is not available for lifetime deals. Android app sucks since it doesn't even let user configure protocol.

On the other hand, bullet was surprisingly pretty polished. It even has smartdns servers that were bundled with the deal. The speed was pretty good too. Split tunnel works like its supposed to and that too with wireguard. I have yet to checkout netflix unblocking in detail. Apparently it doesnt work with few servers i tried.

Yeah, I haven't heard good things about BelkaVPN either. I joined there Discord for a while but meh.. BulletVPN might just be the only other usable and somewhat "decent" lifetime vpn on Stacksocial if you leave out the usual suspects (Keepsolid, Ivacy, FastestVPN, iPro,VPN..). I never purchased it, because I also heard lots of bad things about it and unless the price doesn't come down to 10$, I'll likely skip it and happily use the lifetime vpns I already have. Glad to hear it works well for you, though :)

Thanked by 1xetsys
    edited July 2022

Bullet used to have servers froma fusa in BE but they switched to M247 sadly... like every other VPN.

Their support is decent especially compared to Ivacy (they just ignore me or don't understand, still don't have an answer to why the wireguard protocol was speedtesting but oh well... it works now).

No luck for me to stream though, I think they said servers which have UltraHD should be able to do it, will look that up.

A quote from BulletVPN regarding streaming:

You need to create a UK Amazon account using a UK credit card and billing address in order to access Amazon Prime UK. This is beyond our scope of support as it is related to Amazon policy.

• xetsysxetsys Member

UltraHD servers won't work with netflix as well. May be it has to do with the protocol in use. I recall keepsolid won't load netflix USA unless the protocol is changed to openvpn tcp. Ivacy is pretty solid though for streaming several regions.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@xetsys said:
    UltraHD servers won't work with netflix as well. May be it has to do with the protocol in use. I recall keepsolid won't load netflix USA unless the protocol is changed to openvpn tcp. Ivacy is pretty solid though for streaming several regions.

Atleast IKEV2 is pretty bad for unblocking Flix because it is bound to port 500 which can easily be blocked, I guess. I'd try tcp or another protocol with 443 port.

edited July 2022

Anyone else noticing that Stacksocial is now charging VAT to EU countries?
    Edit: they don't ship to EU yet they charge taxes for it, lol unless they're now in EU for some reason?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

@magicvpn said:

Afaik this has been the case since a long time already. I believe there was just no country for your account selected by default, hence no vat was charged. Once you select a country within EU, Vat is charged I guess.

edited July 2022

@Ympker said:

@magicvpn said:

Afaik this has been the case since a long time already. I believe there was just no country for your account selected by default, hence no vat was charged.

Never had this before, they started doing this, but I haven't bought anything last months.
    Edit: Here's one order:

But this price didn't increase when I went to pay it so they just kept the price the same and took VAT from it.
    Now they add VAT on top...

• Not relevant to this thread but Treasure Cloud is shutting down this July end.

Thanked by 2magicvpn Ympker
  • @rattlecattle said:
    Not relevant to this thread but Treasure Cloud is shutting down this July end.

Hmm, any source for that? First time I'm hearing this, just bought it to test anyways.

• rattlecattlerattlecattle Member
    edited July 2022

@magicvpn said: Hmm, any source for that? First time I'm hearing this, just bought it to test anyways.

https://old.reddit.com/r/cloudstorage/comments/w3168c/treasure_cloud_storage_retirement_must_read_for/

Received the same mail.

Also their announcement on Twitter:

Thanked by 1magicvpn
  • Wow, only 11days notice, no email in my inbox so far.

• Probably they are sending out emails gradually as everyone will be downloading their stuff right away which will overload their servers. They have lots of free users too. As for me, have already downloaded all the files a few hours back.

• ChuckChuck Member

@rattlecattle said:

@magicvpn said: Hmm, any source for that? First time I'm hearing this, just bought it to test anyways.

https://old.reddit.com/r/cloudstorage/comments/w3168c/treasure_cloud_storage_retirement_must_read_for/

Received the same mail.

Also their announcement on Twitter:

2 years business. Must be the way for quick cash?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@magicvpn said:

@Ympker said:

@magicvpn said:

Afaik this has been the case since a long time already. I believe there was just no country for your account selected by default, hence no vat was charged.

Never had this before, they started doing this, but I haven't bought anything last months.
    Edit: Here's one order:

But this price didn't increase when I went to pay it so they just kept the price the same and took VAT from it.
    Now they add VAT on top...

Just checked. When I bought Aomei Backupper Standard on Stacksocial in November last year, I was already charged VAT. Btw. I have not selected any country in my account settings, however I paid via PayPal. So, I guess they just take the country from pp and add VAT. An invoice from 2019 showed no VAT.

Thanked by 1magicvpn
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

Ivacy wireguard is full of 💩 for ios app. Disconnect every 30 minutes, app logs me out. Removed it from my phone this morning.

Better off with keepsolid 🇸🇬 , since 🇮🇳 is not longer an option.

No refunds as per SS TOS

@magicvpn said:

@rattlecattle said:
    Not relevant to this thread but Treasure Cloud is shutting down this July end.

Hmm, any source for that? First time I'm hearing this, just bought it to test anyways.

Thanked by 1Ympker