Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to preview LowEndBox v2.0? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to preview LowEndBox v2.0?

2»

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@TimboJones said:

@Saahib said:
    What on the earth they were thinking when this type of staging idea popped up.
    Tussi great ho.

Changing hosts is usually preferred if the site has hardlinks and not all relative ones.

You're right but it (WP site) shouldn't have hardlinks.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@szarka said: Anyway, my feedback would probably be something like "what are all these graphics and crap? optimize this site for lynx!" so I don't know how useful it would really be. :shrug:

This! Yaaay! <3

• @emgh said:

@TimboJones said:

@Saahib said:
    Tussi great ho.

Changing hosts is usually preferred if the site has hardlinks and not all relative ones.

I don't know, that shit's usually in header menu's, dropdowns and footers.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2022

@TimboJones said:

@emgh said:

@TimboJones said:

@Saahib said:
    Tussi great ho.

I don't know, that shit's usually in header menu's, dropdowns and footers.

Yeah, but using proper widgets should combat all that without even having to think about it.

• KassemKassem Member

@AXYZE said: "Improve the mobile functionality" how can I even check it on mobile? Wheres hosts file on Android/iOS?

That's just the how to for that specific situation, much easier to have the copy on dev domain and search replace when going live.

• ralfralf Member

@Arkas said:

@ralf said: My experience so far is that this new website won't even survive one person mashing F5 during Black Friday.

That's just a staging site, not hosted on the actual site which it will when live.

Yeah, I know it's a staging site. My comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek as it wouldn't even serve the home page, let alone anything else.

• @desperand said:
    phahaha, guys, this is not serious. Why the fuck not add a subdomain? Why need all of that shit on sys-admin forum with A / ip things??) Really. This is awful.

The guy just want to look cool, but honestly it failed.. lol

• emghemgh Member

@jbiloh still working on getting that subdomain working

Thanked by 1ralf
  • emgemg Veteran

As of 13:40 UTC (9:40 EDT) on 7 July 2022, the "spoiler" with the information in the first post says, "Temporarily removed while I put the dev environment behind CF"

Even so, I probably would not have bothered to edit my hosts file. I remember editing the hosts file about 10 or 20 years ago, but have not had a need since then. I looked at my hosts file, and it is the OS default, no edits from me.

• tmepytmepy Member

Yay new lowendbox finally lol

• kendidkendid Veteran

LEB used to be my 'goto' place for servers and info. Haven't been on there for years

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Just be patient for a little longer.

• First of all, congratulations for getting this far! I know getting to v2 can be a difficult process (the blank canvas approach could be an amazing opportunity but also daunting from an expectations standpoint). I haven't been able to see the demo yet but I have a few questions:

1. What was the core design goals/metrics used to assess this design? Was it simply aesthetics? Or were there other "functional" requirements?
    2. What do you wish to get out of LEBv2 (beyond just the aesthetics)?

Thanks.

Thanked by 2Arkas bulbasaur
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

LowEndBox 2.0 is now live.

https://lowendbox.com

I'm very proud and excited to be releasing the new design. I believe it brings LEB into the 2020's and makes the site more readable, content more digestible, improves the links/cohesion between LEB and LET (you'll notice that recent LET offers are now on the home page of LEB), and more!

Just because v2.0 is launched doesn't mean we won't stop fixing and improving things from here... so if you have feedback please share it!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • raviravi Member

@jbiloh said:
    Hi Everyone,

LowEndBox 2.0 is now live.

https://lowendbox.com

Congrats.... Its much better now.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Nice and refreshing :) Great work to you, and the team who put this together.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I don't think that the problem with LEB was ever the design.

It's the quality of the offerings that has always been the problem.

Until that improves - the design makes little to no difference to how LEB is being perceived.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:
    I don't think that the problem with LEB was ever the design.

It's the quality of the offerings that has always been the problem.

Until that improves - the design makes little to no difference to how LEB is being perceived.

We recently rolled out a "Submit a Tip" concept (https://lowendbox.com/submit-a-tip/), so please, share with us what you'd like to see LowEndBox cover.

We are always dedicated to improving the platform - we've made plenty of content improvements the past couple years - and we will continue doing just that!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • raviravi Member
    edited July 2022

-removed-

• raviravi Member
    edited July 2022

-removed-