Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anybody using Enhance.com - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anybody using Enhance.com

13»

Comments

• I've moved all my LAMP & WordPress sites to Enhance (from Cloudron) about a month ago and have generally been super happy with the site and performance. RAM usage is noticeably higher than other panels.

Updates seem to be flowing through regularly, moving sites between nodes is seemless.

Did have a slight issue with the backup system, however the support fixed the issue within half a day.

• tjntjn Member
    edited January 18

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Hello people, anybody got more experience with this control panel? I kinda want to try it and I collect more opinions or reviews. Thanks in advance!

Super easy to setup and get started. Quite stable. Constantly updated. Forums are active.

It is a little rough around certain edges - difficult to manage firewall, broken mail limits, no default TTL, no control panel replication, lack of bruteforce protection, can't reliably forward emails, and a few other things - but they're all on the roadmap and will no doubt make it into production. It's a little resource hungry too.

It's a serious contender to cPanel and DA and I believe will eventually overtake them.
    I like it.

• thmueller78thmueller78 Member
    edited January 20

Excuse me, but how can something with (all in your own words)

• rough around certain edges
    • difficult to manage firewall
    • broken mail limits
    • no default TTL
    • no control panel replication
    • lack of bruteforce protection
    • not reliably forwarding mails
    • and a few other things
    • not yet in a production state
      be a "serious contender to cPanel and DA" and "eventually overtake them"?

The panel has a nice marketing website and lots of unreasonable threads on forums, but all I hear from it is always "they're on the right way" or "all on the roadmap" etc. They don't even support any other operating system but Ubuntu.

I'd rather say many people are blinded by their pricing model, but in no way this panel lives up to what panels like cPanel or Plesk can do. Let alone missing security features in Enhance, oh boy, how can you even consider this for use in production?

Edit: From what I've seen on pro Enhance posts on forums they are unreasonably praising a half-baked solution. With how over critical users normally are in their posts on providers and panels, it makes no sense that Enhance is so overly praised to be a good solution while at the same time all users must admit they are lacking so many major features. I'd rather say there are lots of paid contributors out there, paid by Enhance, to promote the panel with such overly laudatory posts.

Thanked by 2alexroeu tentor
  • I've seen comments stating that certain hosting companies are behind Enhance. Does anyone know which hosting companies these are?

• WiseWise Member
    edited January 31

@JosephF said:

I've seen comments stating that certain hosting companies are behind Enhance. Does anyone know which hosting companies these are?

yes ;-)

• tjntjn Member

@thmueller78 said:
    Excuse me, but how can something with (all in your own words)
    [...]
    be a "serious contender to cPanel and DA" and "eventually overtake them"?

What is confusing here?
    "Eventually" means that given enough time, when all the bugs/lack of features are addressed, in my personal opinion, Enhance will be a viable replacement.

You think the early versions of cPanel or DA were any good?
    They were horrible and very hard to manage.

They don't even support any other operating system but Ubuntu.

cPanel and DA only supported CentOS and it's derivatives for the longest time.
    They only recently added support for other OS' recently. Mainly because they were kind of forced to do so.

but in no way this panel lives up to what panels like cPanel or Plesk can do.

It doesn't yet - I said that.

Let alone missing security features in Enhance

Easily added with 3rd party packages/software - like every cPanel/DA installation.

I'd rather say there are lots of paid contributors out there, paid by Enhance, to promote the panel with such overly laudatory posts.

Not sure why you hate it so much, but no one has paid me anything at any time to write about Enhance.

@JosephF said:
    I've seen comments stating that certain hosting companies are behind Enhance. Does anyone know which hosting companies these are?

I believe (don't quote me on this) some ex Tsohost/Vidahost people are involved.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • Regarding that "certain hosting companies are behind enhance" here's a picture of the Enhance head office in 25a High Street, Maidenhead:
    https://google.com/maps/@51.5229069,-0.7189972,3a,90y,175.22h,102.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfMSuRblDf6XfVbyrQedZww!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• @thmueller78 said:
    Regarding that "certain hosting companies are behind enhance" here's a picture of the Enhance head office in 25a High Street, Maidenhead:
    https://google.com/maps/@51.5229069,-0.7189972,3a,90y,175.22h,102.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfMSuRblDf6XfVbyrQedZww!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

In this where is enhance?

• @sreekanth850 said:

@thmueller78 said:
    Regarding that "certain hosting companies are behind enhance" here's a picture of the Enhance head office in 25a High Street, Maidenhead:

In this where is enhance?

Number 25 looks to be the cake shop. 25A may be basement or upstairs. Still much better than many other companies using ‘Shelton Street’ in Covent Garden and other digital addresses.

• kendkend Member

@thmueller78 said:

If you'd like, you can always find the first locations of Apple, or Amazon, or many other big names, which were no fancy than this one.

• @thmueller78 said:

Can be an office room in that building or a virtual address... Maybe @JamieBeeston can clarify.