Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive Layer7 attack, more than 33 hours - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Massive Layer7 attack, more than 33 hours

Comments

• @Not_Oles said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

Due to the proportions that this thread is taking, due to this issue caused by DDoS, as CTO of diamwall (Company is not opened yet, still in beta) I've decided to give my own opinion related to this issue.

First, it's important to be aware that no one claimed this attack, either no one contacted Florin to blackmail, which always gives the looking that is probably another company or other kind of competitor with the achievement of 'stealing? Or making hazi.ro with a 'bad-looking'

Before explaining what is going on, you need to understand the bots' generation and what is their current emulation, being them:

Gen 1: Simple Crawlers With Basic Action
    -> These bots have fairly easy structures and they can run simple automatic patterns. They don’t have any understanding of the web’s basic contents like Cookies and Sessions and they are not difficult to detect and block. A simple script that calls the web content or an API with the GET/ POST method could be referred to as a first-generation bot.
    Example: Self-Home Scripts
    Detection: Absence of Cookie

Gen 2: Simple Requests, Basic Actions
    -> Their structure is like the bots from the first generation but slightly more developed. They are not capable of rendering or running javascript codes and a stack of them is not like a complete browser. To distinguish and block the bots from the second generation, javascript tests, such as setting cookies, are sufficient. Tools like Scrapy are an example of second-generation bots.
    Example: Tools like Scrapy
    Detection: Absence of JavaScript

Gen 3: Looks Like Browsers, Start of Low and Slow Attack
    -> These kinds are comparatively more challenging to prevent against. They are bots developed in PhantomJS and Selenium frameworks, that can perform the demands step by step and execute challenges that are used to tackle the bots from the first and second generations. However, they have a slower run-time compared to the first and second-generation bots. Recognizing and blocking the third-generation bots could be achieved by executing challenging tests like Captcha.
    Example: Frameworks such PhantomJS, Selenium
    Detection: Challenge tests and fingerprint

Gen 4: Bots Mimic Human Behaviour Such as Non-Linear Mouse Movements
    -> These bots can mimic the actions of a genuine browser. Examples of this generation of bots are Headless browsers (such as headless Chromium), and confronting them using complex techniques based on artificial intelligence would be effective.
    Example: Headless browsers, such as Chromium Headless
    Detection: Smart challenges or AI-Based Solutions

So now, that we do understand bot generations, for everyone who is not aware, since I saw tons of comments claiming that Cloudflare is effective with "right configurations", that's not true, Cloudflare is still struggling to fight Gen3, which means, you'll not block Gen3/Gen4 on Cloudflare without proceeding to block requests based on known patterns or IP-Reputation, which would, of course, generate false positives.

Hazi attack is Gen4 bots, which are capable to bypass most Javascript challenges and Captchas, that's why path.net simple testcookie couldn't avoid those bots.
    Also, you need to understand that Gen4 bots fully mimic a genuine browser which means a Deep Packet Inspection couldn't do the job for mitigation.
    Deep Packet Inspection is enough to fully mitigate Gen1 and Gen2, and even drop 80% of packets of Gen3, but DPI can't do anything against Gen4, there are indeed other ways to detect Gen4 that of course, I can't reveal here.
    Mitigation systems need to understand that just because their customers don't get attacked by Gen4 Generation doesn't mean it doesn't exist, most of Gen4 are seen in illegal-money-grabbing communities, such as DDoS-For-Hire, or Private Server Gaming (such as Metin2), that's why you don't see it much around.
    Most providers and mitigation services are not aware of these threads, since today I didn't see anyone capable of mitigating Gen4, it can seem like a disaster, but right now we still don't see big companies or big websites under a Gen4 attack, that's also since it doesn't generate much req/s as Gen1,2,3, so most of the Individuals or bad-optimized websites are a target for them.

For everyone here,
    This attack is being launched by a BotNet using Gen4, DDoS-For-Hire service likes to call this method "Browser Emulator", the attack is pretty big, our Proxy is getting about 300.000 req/s, mixed with Gen3, Gen2, and malformed attacks seem like Gen3 and Gen2 are trying to Eat the CPU while Gen4 is trying to bypass any existent protection.
    Some Gen4 logs -> https://imgur.com/a/WZOazID
    Understand something, Diamwall protection fully detects 4Gen generation, but instead of dropping the traffic we redirect them to a captcha (not ReCaptcha or HCaptcha), we prefer our captcha with our verifications.
    Humans, shouldn't see a captcha, of course since we are on BETA there are still some false positives.

For people receiving equal attacks,
    Don't try to mitigate the attack yourself you need a mitigation infrastructure 'helping' you, this attacks can't get mitigated alone, they are CPU-Exhaustive due to the number of SOCKETS that Gen3 is opening over TLS, and due to the Gen4 bypassing the protection without you even noticing it.
    If this is the same attack, our systems flagged all the IPs and inserted them into our Database, I can share them with you so you avoid the same attack, you can simply drop these IPs (this might not do the job that you expect, such as stopping an attack).
    IP List: https://static.diamwall.com/cdn-cgi/report/hazi/ips.txt
    IP Results:
    As we don't want to wait until tomorrow let's leave the result of 11k IPs: https://imgur.com/a/r3vCexh

-> Replying to last comments: This is not about the company, we are currently on OVH running our BETA, that's why we don't have our BGP yet.
    -> Using OVH or using any other company doesn't matter much here (The mitigation infrastructure matters to be able to mitigate L4 attacks).
    -> In our case, we are running a big OVH Machine for our BETA and is working as expected.

I'll not write more, I don't want a bible here, for companies or individuals being attacked, never pay to attackers, and remember: You don't have to fight this alone, there are people here and mitigation services ready to help you.

I hope everything can be fine with hazi from now on.

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hi Miguel!

Want to do an Interview for Low End Box?

For example, here is Florin's interview: https://lowendbox.com/blog/anonymity-is-okay-at-hazi-ro-interview-with-florinmarian/

Everyone is curious! Even @DP! 🙂

Friendly greetings!

Tom

Hey! That seems amazing, I will see and read some interviews and think about doing mine!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know about this feature :)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@MiguelM said:

@Not_Oles said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

Due to the proportions that this thread is taking, due to this issue caused by DDoS, as CTO of diamwall (Company is not opened yet, still in beta) I've decided to give my own opinion related to this issue.

First, it's important to be aware that no one claimed this attack, either no one contacted Florin to blackmail, which always gives the looking that is probably another company or other kind of competitor with the achievement of 'stealing? Or making hazi.ro with a 'bad-looking'

Before explaining what is going on, you need to understand the bots' generation and what is their current emulation, being them:

-> These bots have fairly easy structures and they can run simple automatic patterns. They don’t have any understanding of the web’s basic contents like Cookies and Sessions and they are not difficult to detect and block. A simple script that calls the web content or an API with the GET/ POST method could be referred to as a first-generation bot.

-> Their structure is like the bots from the first generation but slightly more developed. They are not capable of rendering or running javascript codes and a stack of them is not like a complete browser. To distinguish and block the bots from the second generation, javascript tests, such as setting cookies, are sufficient. Tools like Scrapy are an example of second-generation bots.

-> These kinds are comparatively more challenging to prevent against. They are bots developed in PhantomJS and Selenium frameworks, that can perform the demands step by step and execute challenges that are used to tackle the bots from the first and second generations. However, they have a slower run-time compared to the first and second-generation bots. Recognizing and blocking the third-generation bots could be achieved by executing challenging tests like Captcha.

-> These bots can mimic the actions of a genuine browser. Examples of this generation of bots are Headless browsers (such as headless Chromium), and confronting them using complex techniques based on artificial intelligence would be effective.

So now, that we do understand bot generations, for everyone who is not aware, since I saw tons of comments claiming that Cloudflare is effective with "right configurations", that's not true, Cloudflare is still struggling to fight Gen3, which means, you'll not block Gen3/Gen4 on Cloudflare without proceeding to block requests based on known patterns or IP-Reputation, which would, of course, generate false positives.

Hazi attack is Gen4 bots, which are capable to bypass most Javascript challenges and Captchas, that's why path.net simple testcookie couldn't avoid those bots.
    Also, you need to understand that Gen4 bots fully mimic a genuine browser which means a Deep Packet Inspection couldn't do the job for mitigation.
    Deep Packet Inspection is enough to fully mitigate Gen1 and Gen2, and even drop 80% of packets of Gen3, but DPI can't do anything against Gen4, there are indeed other ways to detect Gen4 that of course, I can't reveal here.
    Mitigation systems need to understand that just because their customers don't get attacked by Gen4 Generation doesn't mean it doesn't exist, most of Gen4 are seen in illegal-money-grabbing communities, such as DDoS-For-Hire, or Private Server Gaming (such as Metin2), that's why you don't see it much around.
    Most providers and mitigation services are not aware of these threads, since today I didn't see anyone capable of mitigating Gen4, it can seem like a disaster, but right now we still don't see big companies or big websites under a Gen4 attack, that's also since it doesn't generate much req/s as Gen1,2,3, so most of the Individuals or bad-optimized websites are a target for them.

For everyone here,
    This attack is being launched by a BotNet using Gen4, DDoS-For-Hire service likes to call this method "Browser Emulator", the attack is pretty big, our Proxy is getting about 300.000 req/s, mixed with Gen3, Gen2, and malformed attacks seem like Gen3 and Gen2 are trying to Eat the CPU while Gen4 is trying to bypass any existent protection.
    Understand something, Diamwall protection fully detects 4Gen generation, but instead of dropping the traffic we redirect them to a captcha (not ReCaptcha or HCaptcha), we prefer our captcha with our verifications.
    Humans, shouldn't see a captcha, of course since we are on BETA there are still some false positives.

Don't try to mitigate the attack yourself you need a mitigation infrastructure 'helping' you, this attacks can't get mitigated alone, they are CPU-Exhaustive due to the number of SOCKETS that Gen3 is opening over TLS, and due to the Gen4 bypassing the protection without you even noticing it.
    If this is the same attack, our systems flagged all the IPs and inserted them into our Database, I can share them with you so you avoid the same attack, you can simply drop these IPs (this might not do the job that you expect, such as stopping an attack).
    IP Results:
    As we don't want to wait until tomorrow let's leave the result of 11k IPs: https://imgur.com/a/r3vCexh

-> Replying to last comments: This is not about the company, we are currently on OVH running our BETA, that's why we don't have our BGP yet.
    -> Using OVH or using any other company doesn't matter much here (The mitigation infrastructure matters to be able to mitigate L4 attacks).
    -> In our case, we are running a big OVH Machine for our BETA and is working as expected.

I'll not write more, I don't want a bible here, for companies or individuals being attacked, never pay to attackers, and remember: You don't have to fight this alone, there are people here and mitigation services ready to help you.

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hi Miguel!

Want to do an Interview for Low End Box?

For example, here is Florin's interview: https://lowendbox.com/blog/anonymity-is-okay-at-hazi-ro-interview-with-florinmarian/

Everyone is curious! Even @DP! 🙂

Friendly greetings!

Tom

Hey! That seems amazing, I will see and read some interviews and think about doing mine!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know about this feature :)

Please feel free to send me a PM or to use the email on my profile. 🙂 Thanks!

Thanked by 1MiguelM
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited June 2022

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

He is Ch3p. But also his past are not completly "clean" ;) You probably are helping them but for which time? We also know you in the past that you have been DDoSed after being kicked out from Metin2 Servers...

Hello,

Yes, that's sure, I don't have a clean past in the metin2 community, either I did "good things" in the past.

Right now I'm also working with most of Metin2 Servers providing security, I don't let any server be attacked even if that means providing free services.

As evident, someone so related to DDoS Mitigation, had to be in the DDoS World, right now I'm trying to do the best I can in order to mitigate DDoS Attacks (or any other malicious attack) and also provide other security services.

If in the past years you were attacked by me or got any issues with me, I'm sorry for that, remember that I was only a kid, and like everyone else, I did grow up and followed what 'I Love'.

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

I'm not one to judge your actions, but you need to admit what you did in the past if you want to be and have a sucessful business right now and in near future.

Because in the past, you attacked with DDoS-for-Hire and also you conducted many attacks against some gaming servers, the problem here is how much time and what will suceed when Hazi.ro don't want to pay more for your service or can't afford you service or if he give up because don't want it anymore, or if you have a strong argument and (anger) and detachment between possible partners and other parts envolved.

Won't you charge for it? You, won't you attack his services until he pays you? Won't you threaten him or at least attack silently for revenge?

The first step is to admit these mistakes and clean up your staff, because there are some who sincerely only brag and get into trouble and threats with possible and good partners who would do and bring success. It takes a disciplined, credible team that knows how to maintain a good discussion, without threats and without personal attacks or revenge. That's a good start.

The first is admitting your past mistakes, the point is. Have you really changed or are you still from behind making silent attacks against your enemies, competition?

I know more people who also have a business, but they do it from behind and here they create a double personality (two phases)

The goal is to have only 1 phase and only that and to be totally transparent, credible and a good person. Otherwise, you have everything to have a ruin in your business or services.

If you really have changed, prove it and admit your mistakes in the past (very recent even) but admit it.

Good continuation.

edited June 2022

@sandoz Hello! Could you please post or send me some links so I can learn more context about the past history you are discussing? Thanks so much! Tom

• @sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

He is Ch3p. But also his past are not completly "clean" ;) You probably are helping them but for which time? We also know you in the past that you have been DDoSed after being kicked out from Metin2 Servers...

Hello,

Yes, that's sure, I don't have a clean past in the metin2 community, either I did "good things" in the past.

Right now I'm also working with most of Metin2 Servers providing security, I don't let any server be attacked even if that means providing free services.

As evident, someone so related to DDoS Mitigation, had to be in the DDoS World, right now I'm trying to do the best I can in order to mitigate DDoS Attacks (or any other malicious attack) and also provide other security services.

If in the past years you were attacked by me or got any issues with me, I'm sorry for that, remember that I was only a kid, and like everyone else, I did grow up and followed what 'I Love'.

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

I'm not one to judge your actions, but you need to admit what you did in the past if you want to be and have a sucessful business right now and in near future.

Because in the past, you attacked with DDoS-for-Hire and also you conducted many attacks against some gaming servers, the problem here is how much time and what will suceed when Hazi.ro don't want to pay more for your service or can't afford you service or if he give up because don't want it anymore, or if you have a strong argument and (anger) and detachment between possible partners and other parts envolved.

Won't you charge for it? You, won't you attack his services until he pays you? Won't you threaten him or at least attack silently for revenge?

The first step is to admit these mistakes and clean up your staff, because there are some who sincerely only brag and get into trouble and threats with possible and good partners who would do and bring success. It takes a disciplined, credible team that knows how to maintain a good discussion, without threats and without personal attacks or revenge. That's a good start.

The first is admitting your past mistakes, the point is. Have you really changed or are you still from behind making silent attacks against your enemies, competition?

I know more people who also have a business, but they do it from behind and here they create a double personality (two phases)

The goal is to have only 1 phase and only that and to be totally transparent, credible and a good person. Otherwise, you have everything to have a ruin in your business or services.

If you really have changed, prove it and admit your mistakes in the past (very recent even) but admit it.

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

I appreciate that you put that question on the table, is really important for to people understand our past and be sure that we changed from being that 'malicious kid'.

As I said in my last reply I did do bad things in the past, I created DDoS-for-hire services where people would pay to DDoS others, I created BotNet Spot services, and I did DDoS a lot of game servers, games, companies, and individuals for money.

I was a kid who had no idea what was doing or what was going on, at 2017 I got court issues (as obvious) and I started working with Portugal Police (Policia Judiciária), I was 3 years working with the police until they offered me to finish the studies with them and follow my path with them (I'll not give more details regarding this theme).

Right now I'm at university taking Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, here in Portugal (having great grades btw), and I'm working with a professional team to open Diamwall, I'm currently Diamwall CTO.

I hope you understand once again, that I was a kid, I had no clue about what I was doing and the actions/consequences I was causing.

Right now I offer security services for anyone that needs them, you don't understand I don't charge money, I do it because I love Mitigation and I love to see my systems in action.

Hazi is not currently paying me, nor no one protected by Diamwall will pay far as the company isn't open and still on BETA state, hazi will not need to pay me for about ~6 months, and even when the company launches I can still offer him free services.

I'm not here for the money, I'm not here to be malicious, I'm here to do what I love, and while I'm doing what I love, I'm also helping others.

Remember that most people that work heavily in the CyberSecurity area or Mitigation Services, did bad things in the past, and were stupid kids in the past where their 'Love' went into cyber security.

I hope you understand, I'm not a kid anymore, I grew up (once again) and I followed my dreams.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

(Btw I'm trying to be the most open I can with you)

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Thanked by 1LTGT
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

You guys are super elite, not knowing what you were doing and still able to 'successfully' ddos targets. And you're just in university and can mitigate these complex ddos attacks. This is not even waters I can thread on due to the legal nature to even learn this stuff though I am very much intrigued about learning how ddos is done and how it can be mitigated.

Thanked by 1MiguelM
  • Blazingfast_IOBlazingfast_IO Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2022

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

I appreciate that you put that question on the table, is really important for to people understand our past and be sure that we changed from being that 'malicious kid'.

As I said in my last reply I did do bad things in the past, I created DDoS-for-hire services where people would pay to DDoS others, I created BotNet Spot services, and I did DDoS a lot of game servers, games, companies, and individuals for money.

I was a kid who had no idea what was doing or what was going on, at 2017 I got court issues (as obvious) and I started working with Portugal Police (Policia Judiciária), I was 3 years working with the police until they offered me to finish the studies with them and follow my path with them (I'll not give more details regarding this theme).

Right now I'm at university taking Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, here in Portugal (having great grades btw), and I'm working with a professional team to open Diamwall, I'm currently Diamwall CTO.

I hope you understand once again, that I was a kid, I had no clue about what I was doing and the actions/consequences I was causing.

Right now I offer security services for anyone that needs them, you don't understand I don't charge money, I do it because I love Mitigation and I love to see my systems in action.

Hazi is not currently paying me, nor no one protected by Diamwall will pay far as the company isn't open and still on BETA state, hazi will not need to pay me for about ~6 months, and even when the company launches I can still offer him free services.

I'm not here for the money, I'm not here to be malicious, I'm here to do what I love, and while I'm doing what I love, I'm also helping others.

Remember that most people that work heavily in the CyberSecurity area or Mitigation Services, did bad things in the past, and were stupid kids in the past where their 'Love' went into cyber security.

I hope you understand, I'm not a kid anymore, I grew up (once again) and I followed my dreams.

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Knowing your past I would not be suprised if you were the one to attack Hazi and then "offered to fix it" and get your company name shout here.
    I noticed you said you worked with "Portugal Police" 3 years ago yet you were attacking our servers a year or so ago? No proof obviously if we saved every threat by livechat, skype etc it would be just overwhelming.
    Searching for "Ch3hp DDoS" on google still showing up stuff from last year or so by the way, hope you change your story maybe?

• I am glad some people like @sandoz know about you.

Wow this is getting even more serious than I thought

• LTGTLTGT Member

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Knowing your past I would not be suprised if you were the one to attack Hazi and then "offered to fix it" and get your company name shout here.
    I noticed you said you worked with "Portugal Police" 3 years ago yet you were attacking our servers a year or so ago? No proof obviously if we saved every threat by livechat, skype etc it would be just overwhelming.
    Searching for "Ch3hp DDoS" on google still showing up stuff from last year or so by the way, hope you change your story maybe?

In the metin2 scene ( a shitty game ) where ch3hp "comes from" everyone thinks it's ch3hp the second they hear DDoS, their brain doesn't go very far.

ch3hp has a dark past, but he also knows every single attack vector there is.

also since when is blazingfast a DMCA ignored hosting?

seems kinda weird that you guys even have a knowledgebase about metin2
    https://my.blazingfast.io/knowledgebase/article/26/what-does-mt2-means-in-the-os-template-names-/

• @MiguelM said: Right now I'm at university taking Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, here in Portugal (having great grades btw), and I'm working with a professional team to open Diamwall, I'm currently Diamwall CTO.

I

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hey @Blazingfast_IO,

I still don't believe we are on the same topic, is that due to the fact that I'm offering layer7 protection and you are doing the same? I don't get your point here.

About @sandoz he actually did great questions, he was not offensive and didn't act childish like you are right now, he simply did logical questions due to my past.

About what you said about Hazi, I didn't know hazi existed before their customer contacted me to help Florin, and since then I've been talking with Florin, he can also confirm that I'm not related to these attacks (but I think this is kinda obvious).

Any issue that happened between me and blazingfast was in 2017 (and the start of 2018), 5 years ago, I don't want to mention the "kind" and the whole "grow up" state again.

Once again, I'm not getting your point here, is something wrong? Are you seeing me like a rival or something? And trying to defame me?

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@risharde said:

Indeed.

Just made myself some bread with Nutella, and a hot cup of Earl Grey to sit back and relax.

@DP said:

@risharde said:

Indeed.

Just made myself some bread with Nutella, and a hot cup of Earl Grey to sit back and relax.

Good you are keeping an eye on things. @Blazingfast_IO made a fairly serious accusation there BUT considering he may not be able to provide proof, hard to judge this one.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

MiguelM was brought by one of my biggest clients, he didn't look for me and I didn't look for him.
    This story would make no sense as long as my client offered to help me because I offered him some facilities he didn't want to lose, that's all. (that client is the middle node between me and MiguelM)
    I personally knew about him that he also managed to take down game servers that had tens of thousands of active players without anyone being able to block his attacks, but personally it seems to me the best way to create protection after learning how a functional attack is running.
    If our man attacks us tomorrow, it is not as if he would affect us very much, we are already attacked in many directions, but the only loss is time, the determination increases exponentially.
    Personally, I don't think this story will end badly (suddenly asking me for money or something like that) because the man is now creating a solid protection that he can sell with customers he can count on in case of feedback. real and positive.
    Best regards, Florin.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Not_Oles
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:
    Montgomery County MD, Ride On Bus WiFi, public IP 166.151.247.68

watchMediaSize

That’s where I grew up
    Small world

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Blazingfast_IOBlazingfast_IO Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2022

@MiguelM said:

@MiguelM said: Right now I'm at university taking Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, here in Portugal (having great grades btw), and I'm working with a professional team to open Diamwall, I'm currently Diamwall CTO.

I

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hey @Blazingfast_IO,

I still don't believe we are on the same topic, is that due to the fact that I'm offering layer7 protection and you are doing the same? I don't get your point here.

About @sandoz he actually did great questions, he was not offensive and didn't act childish like you are right now, he simply did logical questions due to my past.

About what you said about Hazi, I didn't know hazi existed before their customer contacted me to help Florin, and since then I've been talking with Florin, he can also confirm that I'm not related to these attacks (but I think this is kinda obvious).

Any issue that happened between me and blazingfast was in 2017 (and the start of 2018), 5 years ago, I don't want to mention the "kind" and the whole "grow up" state again.

Once again, I'm not getting your point here, is something wrong? Are you seeing me like a rival or something? And trying to defame me?

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

We have a lot of competitors but you are not one of them yet sorry we have never even heard of your company.
    (Edit) Keep in mind we are now giving our layer 7 ddos protection for free to anyone that needs it for a limited time. This has nothing to do with you "selling" ddos protection.

I have personally dealt with many customers that were attacked by you for a long period of time, and I have seen a lot from you, from saying that you worked for us to saying that you developed our ddos protection and much more.

You have already done this tactic in the past of attacking someone and "selling" a firewall which was useless because you just stopped attacking people so there was no firewall correct?

I don't think your story is completely correct but it is not something that really matters to me or to our company, I also think this has nothing to do with this thread so il stop there.

Good luck with sales @MiguelM

Thanked by 1Marx
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:
    Montgomery County MD, Ride On Bus WiFi, public IP 166.151.247.68

watchMediaSize

I don't know why pictures uploaded to @imgmoney is not displaying for me…

• LTGTLTGT Member

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@MiguelM said: Right now I'm at university taking Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics, here in Portugal (having great grades btw), and I'm working with a professional team to open Diamwall, I'm currently Diamwall CTO.

I

@Blazingfast_IO said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:

@sandoz said:

@MiguelM said:
    Hey guys,

For everyone here,

IP Results:

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hello,

I hope you understand!

Best Regards!

Hi,

Good continuation.

Hello sandoz,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

Hey @Blazingfast_IO,

Best Regards,
    Miguel Miranda

We have a lot of competitors but you are not one of them yet sorry we have never even heard of your company.
    (Edit) Keep in mind we are now giving our layer 7 ddos protection for free to anyone that needs it for a limited time. This has nothing to do with you "selling" ddos protection.

I have personally dealt with many customers that were attacked by you for a long period of time, and I have seen a lot from you, from saying that you worked for us to saying that you developed our ddos protection and much more.

You have already done this tactic in the past of attacking someone and "selling" a firewall which was useless because you just stopped attacking people so there was no firewall correct?

I don't think your story is completely correct but it is not something that really matters to me or to our company, I also think this has nothing to do with this thread so il stop there.

Good luck with sales @MiguelM

I think as Miguel already started, if you have questions he will gladly answer them,
    the same way he did for sandoz.
    you are accusing him again without providing any proof.

also, since when is blazingfast allowing dmca and/or abuse?

your abuse email isn't even on a registered domain anymore.

https://take-me-to.space/bRLCOHW.png
    https://take-me-to.space/bRLCOHW.png

Thanked by 1Blazingfast_IO
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Guys it is not whose dick is bigger competition. Because @yoursunny already won that competition!

• ralfralf Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Guys it is not whose dick is bigger competition. Because @yoursunny already won that competition!

No wonder he's so good at push ups!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

My disc is 3.5 inch diameter and 160GB capacity.
    It connects via IDE cable.
    Thanks for asking.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Now back to the topic at hand. Guys both blazing fast and whoever might be good at doing whatever they do but in it is the spirit of competition I see here. Yes don’t make it personal anymore. I sense something needed to be aired out! Awesome now move the fuck on and see who makes the most money! Hahah

Thanked by 1Blazingfast_IO
  • equalzequalz Member

this some spicy meatball

• So a botnet this capable - these aren't hacked IOT devices?

These are all hacked desktop devices

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

There are plenty of IOT, Router and phone (extemely common in South America) botnets around.

Although if this is being solved with a ruleset in iptables like this its not likely that big.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2022

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Now back to the topic at hand. Guys both blazing fast and whoever might be good at doing whatever they do but in it is the spirit of competition I see here. Yes don’t make it personal anymore. I sense something needed to be aired out! Awesome now move the fuck on and see who makes the most money! Hahah

now that your not a mod, will you become Nekki V2.0 , to honour his departure?

anyway the exchange just sounds personal trying to be professional. its better to just drop the hypocrisy. stop overcompensating.

• @SplitIce said:
    There are plenty of IOT, Router and phone (extemely common in South America) botnets around.

Although if this is being solved with a ruleset in iptables like this its not likely that big.

Hey @SplitIce

In order to fully understand the attack, you need to see the report that I did (you can see it on page 7).

The attack reached a maximum of 300.000 req/s and as obvious it's not being mitigated with iptables (iptables would never do the job), I would like to mention again that this is a 4Gen attack (explanation also on the report), and that 4Gen attacks can ONLY be mitigated by complex systems.

Meanwhile, I would rate this attack as using IoT Devices, a BotNet based on desktop environments or routers would generate more traffic with a low amount of bots, in this case, the number of bots is already pretty high, which means the devices can't really generate many requests.

I would also like to update the situation, seems like the attacker is launching a 24/7 attack, I left home on my last reply and just arrived now, and the website is still under attack.

Best Regards!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • lanefulanefu Member

I just like the idea of a Massive Attack cover band being called Massive Layer 7 Attack

Thanked by 3LTGT MiguelM equalz

@MiguelM said: you need to see the report that I did (you can see it on page 7).

Hey Miguel! I think I missed the link to your report. Can you post the link or PM the link to me, please? Greetings from Mexico! :)

Thanked by 1MiguelM
  • LTGTLTGT Member

@Not_Oles said:

@MiguelM said: you need to see the report that I did (you can see it on page 7).

Hey Miguel! I think I missed the link to your report. Can you post the link or PM the link to me, please? Greetings from Mexico! :)

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3441053/#Comment_3441053

Thanked by 2MiguelM Not_Oles
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@MiguelM

We are actively working on a "Layer 7 IP Reputation" db for our mitigation platform so are currently retaining anonymised data on reputation longer than our normal retention window. So I can make some comments on your attack that we would be unable to normally.

I saw your list of IPs and compared it to a recent attack against our site that went for a couple weeks. Just over 13k of your 45k IPs (hazi list) were found in the db (i'm working from anonymised logs but the db has only been test filled with data from attacks on our own site and specific opt-in testing customers). Being a WIP it's by no means a comprehensive DB at this stage.

Given what I know of the attack that hit us I'd suggest there are easier ways of thining that attack out. Some of the IPs in that attack are server networks for one. Those are easy to whack for eyeball targetted sites (and in our attack that was a good % of the r/s).

Also look into browser fingerprinting and user behaviour comparison. Unless the attack you are receiving is different to the one we received... the client is not exactly a browser.

We didnt notice it completing captchas either (either by forwarding to an eyeball service or machine processing).

All that being said there is no shortcuts to terminating high TLS session rates as you should now know. Just hardware acceleration or lots of CPUs. And you are 100% correct that iptables (in the way it is commonly used) won't help.

the number of bots is already pretty high, which means the devices can't really generate many requests.

Correct,

It's normal to see low rates like 2-3 TLS r/s from Android botnets per client (usually over 3/4G) and <1 r/s per client from IOT botnets (there are however exceptions I'm sure). If you have a low latency to the bots the rates will also go up. Id suggest that if you are comfortable in your verdicts that you consider tarpiting the clients.

I'm sure they could go faster but they are either focused on multiple targets, or (my theory) trying not to be detected by interrupting the intended capability (e.g the device continues to function as a IP camera or whatever). It might also be so as not to trip up basic rate limit services.

There are some huge botnets of IOT devices out there that are fairly commonly used in L7 attacks. Many on Dynamic IPs unfortunately. Sounds like you are working hard on resolving matters for you client so I wish you the best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.