Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive Layer7 attack, more than 33 hours - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Massive Layer7 attack, more than 33 hours

14567810»

Comments

• @wdmg said:
    Hey @MiguelM,

Just wondering why you decided to blast our sales email with a pitch trying to get us to obtain your protection?

It lines up near perfectly with a 160k r/s flood we ate today on our site too…

Hello,

I have no clue of what you are talking about or what company you work for, can you please show us what is going on?

Best regards!

• CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare is not the top for DDoS protection (FREE PLAN).

i can advice to you stackpath. Never got problems on my website!

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • ralfralf Member
    edited June 2022

@MiguelM said:

@wdmg said:
    Hey @MiguelM,

Just wondering why you decided to blast our sales email with a pitch trying to get us to obtain your protection?

It lines up near perfectly with a 160k r/s flood we ate today on our site too…

I have no clue of what you are talking about or what company you work for, can you please show us what is going on?

Please make sure to include full details about your countermeasures so they can have better success next time. :p

• @LTGT said:

@Zigi said:

@LTGT said:

@jsg said:

@NoComment said:

he had path, path let it trough

We didn't let any of the attack through. He disabled the domain due to the domain was misconfigured. Which was fixed

@sandoz said:
    Path is build with Open source project? Where? That is new.

As for the testcookie, testcookie is just a part of our mitigation stack for our HTTPs clients; however, we have other parts of our mitigation stack always watching for bad actors / malicious requests.

so the 503 that was shown was not cause path let trough too many r/s ?

Path is literally shitty

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@SillyGoose said:

@LTGT said:

@Zigi said:

@LTGT said:

@jsg said:

@NoComment said:

We didn't let any of the attack through. He disabled the domain due to the domain was misconfigured. Which was fixed

@sandoz said:

As for the testcookie, testcookie is just a part of our mitigation stack for our HTTPs clients; however, we have other parts of our mitigation stack always watching for bad actors / malicious requests.

Path is literally shitty

anything to back this statement?

• @FatGrizzly said:

@SillyGoose said:

@LTGT said:

@Zigi said:

@LTGT said:

@jsg said:

@NoComment said:

@sandoz said:

Path is literally shitty

anything to back this statement?

Tempest.net scammed me. Little 17 year olds trying hard to run a company

• @SillyGoose said: Tempest.net scammed me. Little 17 year olds trying hard to run a company

please explain in detail

• Explaining in detail is one day a staff named Entity (Trenton) dmed me on discord asking for some guys address/IP who is hosted on my server and then asking for a VM backup
    I said okay I'll provide then the guy dmed me what am I doing providing clients info it's not a good way etc. I don't know what that guy and the path staff had with him and he had many servers with me so I can't take a loss I asked him if I get ovh servers I'll provide some servers but I am suspending these servers from path/tempest we both agreed then again Entity(Trenton) calls me asks me to show my dms even tho I didn't wanted to I was forced of being banned off network I showed him and then after 10 mins I get a email saying my servers has been suspended and when I asked for a reason he just said "Violation of TOS" and just banned me from discord then a community manager named Frozen ( Victor) dms me saying please remove all the bad reviews when I asked for proofs and reason he just ignored it and said have a nice day.
    None the less some months before that incident these guys just gave my Dedicated server to someone else and I had a 2 weeks of downtime after that a pedophile named August Heart known as Path's COO maybe he still works internal no idea but he responded back saying yeah I'll give 2 months of free services etc. Those 2 months was the shitty services no one helped me and they just left my servers I have lost thousands of dollars due to these guys and my reputation has gone down. The fact people don't know that Curtis known as CMG is a "swatter" (https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/canadian-man-gets-9-months-detention-for-serial-swattings-bomb-threats/) there are many more moments were the engineers don't even know what they are doing and making a data loss. I recommend everyone to stay away from these retards

• adlyadly Veteran

@SillyGoose said:
    Explaining in detail is one day a staff named Entity (Trenton) dmed me on discord asking for some guys address/IP who is hosted on my server and then asking for a VM backup
    I said okay I'll provide then the guy dmed me what am I doing providing clients info it's not a good way etc. I don't know what that guy and the path staff had with him and he had many servers with me so I can't take a loss I asked him if I get ovh servers I'll provide some servers but I am suspending these servers from path/tempest we both agreed then again Entity(Trenton) calls me asks me to show my dms even tho I didn't wanted to I was forced of being banned off network I showed him and then after 10 mins I get a email saying my servers has been suspended and when I asked for a reason he just said "Violation of TOS" and just banned me from discord then a community manager named Frozen ( Victor) dms me saying please remove all the bad reviews when I asked for proofs and reason he just ignored it and said have a nice day.
    None the less some months before that incident these guys just gave my Dedicated server to someone else and I had a 2 weeks of downtime after that a pedophile named August Heart known as Path's COO maybe he still works internal no idea but he responded back saying yeah I'll give 2 months of free services etc. Those 2 months was the shitty services no one helped me and they just left my servers I have lost thousands of dollars due to these guys and my reputation has gone down. The fact people don't know that Curtis known as CMG is a "swatter" (https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/canadian-man-gets-9-months-detention-for-serial-swattings-bomb-threats/) there are many more moments were the engineers don't even know what they are doing and making a data loss. I recommend everyone to stay away from these retards

Without reading the entire wall of text - someone asked for your clients private details and you said “okay I’ll provide”, and you provided your DMs because you were threatened with a Discord ban? Perhaps you’re not the best person to be judging others.

• @adly said:

@SillyGoose said:
    Explaining in detail is one day a staff named Entity (Trenton) dmed me on discord asking for some guys address/IP who is hosted on my server and then asking for a VM backup

Without reading the entire wall of text - someone asked for your clients private details and you said “okay I’ll provide”, and you provided your DMs because you were threatened with a Discord ban? Perhaps you’re not the best person to be judging others.

Perhaps you shouldn't dick ride path

• adlyadly Veteran

@SillyGoose said:

I literally have no opinion of Path. Never used them and don’t know enough to reach any conclusions about them.

• @adly said:

@SillyGoose said:

I literally have no opinion of Path. Never used them and don’t know enough to reach any conclusions about them.

Apologies for bad behaviour it takes alot to build a hosting company

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2022

@SillyGoose said:

Writing a big paragraph doesn't mean you're right. You haven't pasted/Linked to any piece of evidence to back your claims.
    And regarding CMG, its pretty old and probably he shouldn't be judged of his past, i mean people who had did nasty stuff in their past have recovered and corrected themselves right?

Moreover, I don't really feel like Path staff wont be asking someone to remove reviews.

lemme add this too, i am not a fan, representative of Path Network.

• If you really want proofs I'll add them give me a moment

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2022

@FatGrizzly said: The fact people don't know that Curtis known as CMG is a "swatter" (https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/canadian-man-gets-9-months-detention-for-serial-swattings-bomb-threats/) there are many more moments were the engineers don't even know what they are doing and making a data loss.

Curtis was a little shit when he was younger but he paid his dues and works hard to take care of his family and make up for that.

He's the best hire Path has made in the time we've been a client. The guy busts his ass and takes the time to fix and address issues that everyone else ignored for literal months.

Do not drag him.

Francisco

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Before things get out of hand, @FlorinMarian, I believe your issue is resolved and you've now found your "savior", do you still want to keep this thread open? :)

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@DP said:
    Before things get out of hand, @FlorinMarian, I believe your issue is resolved and you've now found your "savior", do you still want to keep this thread open? :)

The thread can be closed, thanks to all those who tried to give me a helping hand!

This discussion has been closed.