Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"high performance" cms? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"high performance" cms?

2»

Comments

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

@stevewatson301 said: Run a local instance of Wordpress and scrape its files using Puppeteer, then host the static pages. Best of both worlds 😆

>

Why scrape it? Just use the WP Static plugin.

• @yoursunny said:
    yoursunny blog is proudly powered by Hexo.
    It's infinitely faster than crappy and vulnerable WordPress.
    Author in Visual Studio Code, compile locally, and rsync the static pages.

Vercel + Git

• Just don't use crappy plugins, or use Grav.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@duckeeyuck said: kirby works, thanks, everything else is useless, you might think it doesn't matter but thats according to your needs, just like I believe your stuff doesn't really matter because it doesn't fit my needs

I made a post regarding what I'm doing, I'm not like the average use here where they run their blogs use wordpress plugins for everything because it's "easy"

I don't read many posts on this forum so probably didn't read yours :)

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @eva2000 said: I don't read many posts on this forum so probably didn't read yours :)

thanks for telling me your argument was just you talking but i had already figured it out

@Otus9051 said: Just don't use crappy plugins, or use Grav.

might as well just read txt files and display them, same thing, it's a flat file cms
    oh wait i already made that, ty tho

@lonea said: Why scrape it? Just use the WP Static plugin.

because sometimes you want wordpress just as a WYSIWYG editor with tag/management options that are already tested, so you can implement it into another program where you don't want to add a codebase that just saves/edits/manages articles/posts

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@duckeeyuck said: might as well just read txt files and display them, same thing, it's a flat file cms
    oh wait i already made that, ty tho

To be fair to everyone that replied. Your original post's question made no mention of requiring PHP just that it is a CMS though?

anyone knows any cms benched to be faster than wp?

• zcorpszcorps Member

yes pls suggest nice clean blog engine like hashnode if anyone

bundle of thanks

• @eva2000 said: To be fair to everyone that replied. Your original post's question made no mention of requiring PHP just that it is a CMS though?

once again you're responding without understanding, just for its own sake, why? why do you talk without understanding?
    no post of mine said that I required php
    a flat file cms is that which has no "database" and all it's info/config is nothing but files, pros and cons to it

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@duckeeyuck said:

@eva2000 said: But add a caching layer and yes Wordpress can be fast, I benchmarked my Wordpress blog with 5,000 loader.io concurrent users pushing 2.2 million requests at 50K requests/s with average response time of 60ms on a $5 per month Upcloud VPS but with Cloudflare CDN caching assistance https://community.centminmod.com/threads/loader-io-nginx-test.22503/page-2#post-93067 ^_^

that speed was nginx serving static files
    That's still not really dynamic

@Just295 said: While I know that you must be tired of hearing about WP, I too have a very liteweight WP install with no 3rd party plugins. Using lite speed on a 2core VPS I can do the following.

Something is being cache'd right there, maybe it's not what you call a 3rd party plugin but it is some cache plugin or func built in, modify your endpoint in your ab command to hit a static file and you wouldnt see much dff, as those rps is what I get on a clean machine with 2 cores on ryzen

don't believe me? go ahead and make a php script that queries a db (can be simple)
    you can't execute it 11k times per second

@saosangmo said: I suggest using Vuefront as frontend for your existing Wordpress https://vuefront.com/cms/wordpress.html.

In that case the client would still be bound by their computer speed when building a website, I want SPEED when building dynamic content

@LordSpock said: I echo the previous comments of a static WordPress site - I have used WP2Static and CloudFlare Pages with pretty good success.

wp2static makes it not dynamic, omfg you people, 30000 wordpress normals here defending it

You didn't ask for dynamic, snarky cunt.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Hugo, Jeekyll and similar static site generator will have the highest performance, lowest maintenance and cost, and are suitable for many use cases, like simple business sites. I only use WordPress for heavier news/magazine sites these days.

If users really need a full CMS, there is also Ghost, which looks solid. But haven’t used it much. Those could also serve as headless CMS to build static sites from.

Both, WordPress and Ghost run well on PikaPods.com, but won’t be free. Static sites on the other hand are easy to host for free. I like Cloudflare Pages, but there are many others.