Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with NexusBytes? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with NexusBytes?

2»

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:
    !ban @Nekki

Why does everyone think I’m about to get banned? Is it because I got a final warning and threatened with a ban?

Wait, you got warned ?

Severely. It’s bright red.

Thought it was a dick in periods

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: Severely. It’s bright red.

Son, you do have a tendency to abuse your jedi powers. Take a breather :wink:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

I think it might be the Huel.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: I think it might be the Huel.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Nekki said: I think it might be the Huel.

Quite the reverse, I seem to have boundless amounts of energy since I started using it.

• @TimboJones said: Karen (who does all the work anyway)

Is this her real name? Who named her?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Boogeyman said:

@TimboJones said: Karen (who does all the work anyway)

Is this her real name? Who named her?

None of us know for sure if it’s her real name, but assuming it is, presumably her parents named her.

Why would you doubt her name isn’t real?

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @Nekki said: None of us know for sure if it’s her real name, but assuming it is, presumably her parents named her.

If Karen is their only child they did a proper use of their only naming token. And even at her current age she didn't change that name! Kudos to Karen for such bravery.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Boogeyman said:

@Nekki said: None of us know for sure if it’s her real name, but assuming it is, presumably her parents named her.

If Karen is their only child they did a proper use of their only naming token. And even at her current age she didn't change that name! Kudos to Karen for such bravery.

What’s wrong with the name Karen?

• @Nekki said: What’s wrong with the name Karen?

In my part of world there is nothing wrong with this name. But I think someone will be offended if they are called Karen in the US/Canada.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Boogeyman said:

@Nekki said: What’s wrong with the name Karen?

In my part of world there is nothing wrong with this name. But I think someone will be offended if they are called Karen in the US/Canada.

No.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@Boogeyman said: In my part of world there is nothing wrong with this name. But I think someone will be offended if they are called Karen in the US/Canada.

yes, the name Karen has many memes on meme sites like 9gag.
    Wikipedia page sheds some light on it:
    Karen is a pejorative term for a white woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting white women who use their white privilege to demand their own way. Depictions may include demanding to "speak to the manager", being racist, or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.

• @Nekki said: You're all..

Well, that escalated. Guess who's back..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Nekki said: You're all..

Well, that escalated. Guess who's back..

I mean for fucks sake, there are people questioning the naming of an adult female based on a social media trend that has existed for about 2 years.

• Missing an apostrophe. :p

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Just to emphasize that the name Karen is and has been a perfectly fine first name for females in the English-speaking world for many generations, and it's kind of sad that this name has recently been given negative connotations in social media. After all, it's not the name that has been racist

I can imagine that as a result, for the last couple of years, parents might think twice about giving the name Karen to a girl baby, which is understandable given the social climate/hysteria, but also kind of sad

• LeviLevi Member

@angstrom said: has recently been given negative connotations in social media

Term "Karen" (term, not name) comes from SpongeBob TV series. Karen is/was psycho computer which Plankton created to love him.

It does not derive from "social media". It was created in 1989 in some comic book and gone to TV in 1996-1997.

Of course now everything and everyone come from TikTok, Instagram etc., BS.

• @Nekki said:
    You're all fucking idiots.

Welcome back, sir. You have been dearly missed :-)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@LTniger said:

Term "Karen" (term, not name) comes from SpongeBob TV series. Karen is/was psycho computer which Plankton created to love him.

It does not derive from "social media". It was created in 1989 in some comic book and gone to TV in 1996-1997.

Admittedly, I didn't know about Karen the psycho computer from the SpongeBob TV series, but the current negative connotations associated with the name Karen surely don't come from Karen the psycho computer! :)

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@LTniger said:

That makes literally no sense whatsoever.

You are (accidentally) correct that it does not derive from social media (does anything?) it simply popularised it and brought it to the masses.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Nekki said:

@Arkas said:

Huel is awesome.
    Since I started drinking Huel, my muscles grow to twice its size and I received super ninja powers.
    Notice: paid link, non-aff.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@Nekki said:

@Arkas said:

Huel is awesome.
    Since I started drinking Huel, my muscles grow to twice its size and I received super ninja powers.

Since I started using Huel regularly I too have some (less useful) super powers:

1. I have flatulence that can kill small animals and insects from several feet away
    2. My ejaculate is substantially larger in volume and creamier in texture.
  • @yoursunny said:

@Nekki said:

@Arkas said:

Huel is awesome.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Who started the Karen convention here

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jar said:
    Who started the Karen convention here

The fucking millennials

Thanked by 1jar
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Karen, oh, Karen....

• This week's episode of South Park with Karen Marsh was pretty funny, though.