Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch,come and process the ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch,come and process the ticket

wpyuelwpyuel Member

@hosthatch #385695
The server has been unavailable for more than half a month

Comments

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Get in line, mine is over 1 month

• LisoLiso Member

Could you tell me what is the service ? vps or storage server ?

• thanks for the thread. can you check again?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Your ticket reply time has been doubled

• kheng86kheng86 Member

Hi,

The unavailability of your server will be doubled from half a month to a full month. Thank you for your support.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • dosaidosai Member

Nice profile pic.

• caracalcaracal Member

Sounds like HH needs a premium ticket option

• ariq01ariq01 Member

Hosthatch, come and get your love

Thanked by 2bulbasaur angstrom
  • swat4swat4 Member

if your profile pic were real, the response time would have been much better

Thanked by 2bulbasaur hostdare
  • @corbpie said:

Which location? My Chicago server got replaced after 5 weeks.

• wpyuelwpyuel Member

@TimboJones said:

@corbpie said:

Which location? My Chicago server got replaced after 5 weeks.

LA

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Your Ticket number has been doubled.

• bdlbdl Member

• Try now

• ralfralf Member

Have you tried creating another ticket?

• VoidVoid Member

Post your work order

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

It seems customers already started losing millions.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said:

I've always thought of it being the other way around.

They're being held back from making millions :smiley:

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

@DP said:

@default said:

I've always thought of it being the other way around.

They're being held back from making millions :smiley:

Probably you focus on provider's satisfaction. I focus on the customer's satisfaction. Anyway, the result is the same on both thinking mechanics, because a happy customer always brings profits which result in a happy provider too.

Problem is: customers lose millions, so they complain on this fine low-end community triggering multiple notifications towards provider and other customers alike. This is not good for profits and affects reputation of provider. It seems HostHatch had it's glory days, but something changed deeply, because customers are not happy (many complains).

Solutions could be improving the service and support, or create more cheap offers to wash away the sins, but the later would only delay things by following the history of HostSolutions which kept bribing the negative feedback with more offers and credits.

In my opinion @HostHatch could start investing now in improving reliability and support (because they already have publicity and exposure) or simply sell it all to some other provider willing to invest and continue the business. In the end there is a saying: to make money, one needs to spend money.

EDIT: very nice profile picture @wpyuel - I am curious about that tattoo.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said: Probably you focus on provider's satisfaction

No, I meant customers are the ones being held back from making their millions due to this :joy:

@default said: In my opinion @HostHatch could start investing now in improving reliability and support (because they already have publicity and exposure) or simply sell it all to some other provider willing to invest and continue the business. In the end there is a saying: to make money, one needs to spend money.

I know, I've had services with them since 2018 and this was something I myself was vocal about and had raised a couple of years ago.

Also, as far as I know, support priorities differ between promotional and non-promotional plans/services.

I'm not sure how fast or efficient is their support is for non-promotional plans/services but personally I think that since they're here on these type of forums and are quite actively providing promotions and offers, they should try to improve their response times and support for these plans - maybe just take it up a notch.

Thanked by 3ariq01 bulbasaur Chuck
  • emghemgh Member

hosthatch is a dying deadman and anyone hosting there and complaining instead of moving could be considered that as well //thread

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@emgh said:
    hosthatch is a dying deadman and anyone hosting there and complaining instead of moving could be considered that as well //thread

I have HostHatch 250GB HDD in Chicago for $15/year.
    Where can I move to at similar price point (not per TB as I only have 150GB of files)?

I already have PulsedMedia, Oracle Cloud; I own Deep Atlantic Storage.
    So don't suggest these.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • dosaidosai Member

@yoursunny said:

@emgh said:

Where can I move to at similar price point (not per TB as I only have 150GB of files)?

So don't suggest these.

/dev/null/

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2022

@yoursunny said:

@emgh said:

So don't suggest these.

B2 would run you exactly the same.

A redundancy that can't even be compared.

https://www.reddit.com/r/backblaze/comments/i7udiu/b2_downloads_for_free_via_cloudflare_bandwidth/

Edit: Haven't tried the bandwidth cloudflare alliance thing though.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ralfralf Member

@default said:
    Problem is: customers lose millions, so they complain on this fine low-end community triggering multiple notifications towards provider and other customers alike.

If you're losing millions because a $10 hosting deal has let you down, and after several months you still haven't been able to find an alternative provider then frankly I'm amazed that you're even in business at all.

Perhaps in order to save those millions it might be worth spending a few hundred dollars somewhere else?

• emghemgh Member

@ralf said:

@default said:
    Problem is: customers lose millions, so they complain on this fine low-end community triggering multiple notifications towards provider and other customers alike.

If you're losing millions because a $10 hosting deal has let you down, and after several months you still haven't been able to find an alternative provider then frankly I'm amazed that you're even in business at all.

Perhaps in order to save those millions it might be worth spending a few hundred dollars somewhere else?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

@dosai said:

@yoursunny said:

@emgh said:

So don't suggest these.

/dev/null/

I suggest going for the storage on the moon. Our natural satellite offers great cooling on it's dark side, and it's always in our planet's proximity. This might actually be an awesome replacement for HostHatch, especially considering how NASA constantly keeps you updated with the status of our moon (as opposed to support you currently get when needed).

If, however, you feel safer on our planet, choose Servarica - they still have some Black Friday offers available.

Another option would be connecting some cheap lifetime storage with some cheap VPS with unlimited bandwidth, but this is advanced stuff which you already know, so "shh!" - don't tell potential abusers.

/dev/shm/

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @all and @everyall

Good news has come around the corner. Please hang tight to your work orders, we got something cool waiting for you

Thanked by 1emgh
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DP said: I'm not sure how fast or efficient is their support is for non-promotional plans/services but personally I think that since they're here on these type of forums and are quite actively providing promotions and offers, they should try to improve their response times and support for these plans - maybe just take it up a notch.

Considering that tickets about network issues (likely affecting whole locations) are handled (and resolved) as slow as everything else, I highly doubt there's any difference between their low-end and regular services. For example, their IPv6 network in Chicago is down for 36h now and so far I haven't got any feedback from them at all.

• uneskyunesky Member

@wpyuel said:
    @hosthatch #385695
    The server has been unavailable for more than half a month

yes.same to you , my server offline more than 2 weeks.