Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is MXRoute ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is MXRoute ?

13»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2022

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: as you come up with aggresive strategy, how people can communicate with you ?

Easily, don't trash-talk me in public with invalid points. Open a ticket instead. I fully expected that I would find that I had rejected important emails to your account in the last 30 days, I trusted your words. I was infuriated when I went to the logs and found that I absolutely had not done so. To me that implied at best that you latched on to others repeating the idea that I rejected too many legitimate emails, at worst that you had actual ill intent toward me.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: And you said I want to become competitor ? Why on the earth I would become a competitor where there is a lot of companies in the market already to serve !

I don't know, but to me that sounds like the best justification for making up stories about me.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: And, I don't have any bad experiences at MXRoute, if it was, it should have been at Title. The only depressing fact is that when I miss a verification email, it's not possible to change the MX Record instantly to get the email through different provider.

The funny thing is you actually did receive it. I have a log of delivering it. I just didn't forward it. Gmail doesn't accept 100% of forwarded emails, even if those emails are emails that they would have accepted were they sent directly to the Gmail account. This is most consistently true of emails that Google sends themselves, oddly enough. If you didn't see this email in your inbox with me, I wish you'd opened a ticket.

I ask for nothing but honesty. That's what I offer and it's what I demand in return, reasonably so I think. Infuriated is how I refer to my reaction when I trust that someone's negative experience about me is at least legitimate, and then I go do a fact check and find that it isn't. That I also believe to be reasonable. You are not just talking to me here, you're talking to potential customers. I will aggressively set the record straight in that case. I'm sure you would do the same.

My least favorite part of working at large corporations was having to watch people lie about the things I or my colleagues did or didn't do, and not being permitted to set the record straight.

• Forwarding emails is a bad idea.
    Forwarding emails to a Gmail account is a worse idea.

My long-winded drivel on why forwarding emails sucks, generally.

I've been using MXroute since 2018, and have only once had a problem with email reception. Opened a ticket. Got a reasonable explanation of why that sender is blocked - I would have blocked them too for those reasons.

As it is a sender I need to communicate with, for that situation, the easiest solution was to change my email to a Gmail account. The sender is still silly for not fixing the problem on their end IMO. Can't really blame MXroute.

• @jar said:
    But I need you to understand that if you are going to use Gmail as your front end for everything, I can't control how Google handles everything. I can only react and help mitigate problems that can occur based on Google's rules. Often you'll find that the things I've done, the things you are not certain why I've done, are exactly about this very thing. If you want to ask me how you can get the best out of MXroute while using Gmail as your front end for the entire process, feel free to open a support ticket and ask me for my opinion on the topic.

I don't even use MXroute, but very much concur with this assessment. Up until a year ago, I forwarded 100% of my e-mail from a shared shell service I was using to gmail, and had been doing so since 2007 when there was zero issues doing that.

About maybe 5 years ago, I started seeing some problems with this - some of the emails I forwarded got bounced by gmail, and the way I'd set them forwarding meant that I didn't see the original mail, but got the bounce reply. I kind of ignored this problem because at least I could read the message (although badly formatted).

A couple of years ago, Google got a lot more aggressive with spam, and started rate limiting mail from hosts and domains that it previously got a lot of spam from. The shared shell service I'd been using for all these years suddenly found they actually couldn't even submit all the e-mail destined for gmail each day and the backlog was slowly increasing over time.

We were given a month warning to switch from forwarding e-mails to using local delivery on that shell service (which is effectively what MXroute is providing you), setting up gmail to collect mail via POP3 (which again MXroute provides you), and use our private SMTP server only for outgoing mail (again, MXroute gives you a well regarded service for that).

At the time, I was kind of worried about this - I did some mail sorting locally using procmail, but actually the process was really easy and just worked. What's more, all those mails that I hadn't been able to read properly before, now were readable again, so the process was actually better overall.

The only downside to using POP3 on gmail to collect your mail is that unless you're receiving a lot of mail, it'll only check once an hour. If you get maybe 50 emails an hour, it'll be more frequent, maybe every 10 minutes, but this can cause a bit of annoyance if you particularly need a 2FA code or sign-up link for something. But actually, MXroute gives you multiple webmail systems, so really that shouldn't be an issue for you.

And as a final note, there are few people here who know how to set up a good e-mail system as well as @jar. You should probably trust his opinion on the best way to do things if you want to ensure you do actually get your e-mail where it's supposed to be.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@ralf said:

@jar said:
    But I need you to understand that if you are going to use Gmail as your front end for everything, I can't control how Google handles everything. I can only react and help mitigate problems that can occur based on Google's rules. Often you'll find that the things I've done, the things you are not certain why I've done, are exactly about this very thing. If you want to ask me how you can get the best out of MXroute while using Gmail as your front end for the entire process, feel free to open a support ticket and ask me for my opinion on the topic.

I don't even use MXroute, but very much concur with this assessment. Up until a year ago, I forwarded 100% of my e-mail from a shared shell service I was using to gmail, and had been doing so since 2007 when there was zero issues doing that.

About maybe 5 years ago, I started seeing some problems with this - some of the emails I forwarded got bounced by gmail, and the way I'd set them forwarding meant that I didn't see the original mail, but got the bounce reply. I kind of ignored this problem because at least I could read the message (although badly formatted).

A couple of years ago, Google got a lot more aggressive with spam, and started rate limiting mail from hosts and domains that it previously got a lot of spam from. The shared shell service I'd been using for all these years suddenly found they actually couldn't even submit all the e-mail destined for gmail each day and the backlog was slowly increasing over time.

We were given a month warning to switch from forwarding e-mails to using local delivery on that shell service (which is effectively what MXroute is providing you), setting up gmail to collect mail via POP3 (which again MXroute provides you), and use our private SMTP server only for outgoing mail (again, MXroute gives you a well regarded service for that).

At the time, I was kind of worried about this - I did some mail sorting locally using procmail, but actually the process was really easy and just worked. What's more, all those mails that I hadn't been able to read properly before, now were readable again, so the process was actually better overall.

The only downside to using POP3 on gmail to collect your mail is that unless you're receiving a lot of mail, it'll only check once an hour. If you get maybe 50 emails an hour, it'll be more frequent, maybe every 10 minutes, but this can cause a bit of annoyance if you particularly need a 2FA code or sign-up link for something. But actually, MXroute gives you multiple webmail systems, so really that shouldn't be an issue for you.

And as a final note, there are few people here who know how to set up a good e-mail system as well as @jar. You should probably trust his opinion on the best way to do things if you want to ensure you do actually get your e-mail where it's supposed to be.

I really liked your reply. This is how things should be discussed. @jar is right on one side that without digging deep into it, I concluded the whole scenario which I might not have.

Also @jar, the reply your colleague Albert provided wasn't of that much helping. I said about email flagging but he didn't ask the email IDs, or message ID. That's Okay, that might be for the limited support & cheap price. But, this was the reason I didn't proceed further.

However, this might be a general phenomenon & we can't actually come to any conclusion. As a provider, of course, you'll be worried for your IP Reputation as like as I'm for My IP Blocks. You'll see everything from Providers viewpoint & Me from customer viewpoint. I wish MXRoute best of luck.

Thanked by 1jar
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap will have some deals in the Black Friday hourly flash sales.

We haven't been doing gateway rejects using DNSBLs for some time now, so you have complete control over what you receive.

Outbound has some restrictions but can be removed on Cloud/Dedicated servers.

Pavin.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

Mahfuz_SS_EHL on WHT is currently known as MetroVPS_Mahfuz

MetroVPS_Mahfuz has signature for https://www.syncserve.net/

Has WHMCS install on https://manage.syncserve.net/

Any guesses on what is unlicensed?

FuckKarens #TeamJar

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1jar

@mmuyskens said:
    Mahfuz_SS_EHL on WHT is currently known as MetroVPS_Mahfuz

MetroVPS_Mahfuz has signature for https://www.syncserve.net/

Has WHMCS install on https://manage.syncserve.net/

Any guesses on what is unlicensed?

FuckKarens #TeamJar

The end is nigh.

That's not mine, already sold business. I haven't updated the signature for long as I don't follow WHT for now ! Nothing that serious.

Thanked by 1jar
  • An option @Mahfuz_SS_EHL has is to just put his email on a VPS instance of like VestaCP or something else and just have that handle forwarding to gmail.

@HalfEatenPie said:
    An option @Mahfuz_SS_EHL has is to just put his email on a VPS instance of like VestaCP or something else and just have that handle forwarding to gmail.

Yes, that's an option. But, was thinking to do that when I'm ready with more domains. For 1/2 domains, I tried to use a ready system, but now might have to shift to own setup.