Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


How is MXRoute ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

How is MXRoute ?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I'm using MXRoute since 2020. They are pretty rock-solid with good uptime.

The only issue I find is that they are too strict on IP Policy. The IPs of 3rd Party SMTP Providers are often blacklisted e.g. SendGrid & they straight discard the emails sent from them. On the other hand, Gmail doesn't discard them hence it's not possible to make everyone understand.

The filter should be more reluctant. I have also used Zoho. They were also good.

Do you have any other Hosted Email Solution ?

Regards.

«13

Comments

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 21

    I don't block everything from sendgrid. Probably should, it's weird that anyone uses them anymore for anything but spam, but I don't. If an IP is on MXRBL there's a removal request email. If you're just guessing about what I am or am not doing, maybe open a ticket. If you want to contribute or request changes to our open source inbound filters, like you can't do with Gmail, you can here: https://github.com/mxroute/rspamd_rules . You can also whitelist envelope senders in DirectAdmin (envelope senders, not From header).

    As far as Gmail not dropping emails that others do, that's kind of the idea. Google doesn't give their filtering software to anyone else. I assume you wouldn't therefore suggest that I close shop and stop trying to filter spam just because I don't have their proprietary software.

    If you prefer zero filtering unless provided by Gmail, your only options are Gmail or self hosted.

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @jar said:
    I don't block everything from sendgrid. Probably should, it's weird that anyone uses them anymore for anything but spam, but I don't. If an IP is on MXRBL there's a removal request email. If you're just guessing about what I am or am not doing, maybe open a ticket. If you want to contribute or request changes to our open source inbound filters, like you can't do with Gmail, you can here: https://github.com/mxroute/rspamd_rules . You can also whitelist envelope senders in DirectAdmin (envelope senders, not From header).

    As far as Gmail not dropping emails that others do, that's kind of the idea. Google doesn't give their filtering software to anyone else. I assume you wouldn't therefore suggest that I close shop and stop trying to filter spam just because I don't have their proprietary software.

    If you prefer zero filtering unless provided by Gmail, your only options are Gmail or self hosted.

    I had a ticket earlier #443091.

    Found something new, the IP isn't on your MXRBL but discarding email.

    2022-05-21 06:21:10 1nsIUA-0005WK-CK <= bounces+24634476-4ad6-m****z=p****[email protected] H=wrqvxttq.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net [149.72.167.116] P=esmtps X=TLS1.2:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=no S=3499 DKIM=cardid.pro [email protected]er.net T="Email Verification" from <bounces+24634476-4ad6-m****z=p****[email protected]> for m****[email protected]****n.net
    2022-05-21 06:21:10 1nsIUA-0005WK-CK => discarded <m****[email protected]****n.net> R=domain_filter
    2022-05-21 06:21:10 1nsIUA-0005WK-CK Completed
    
  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 21

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Found something new, the IP isn't on your MXRBL but discarding email.

    See here: https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=cardid.pro

    I think anyone can understand when they get listed at Spamhaus, even if Gmail doesn't reject them right now. Making matters even worse, here's how I can tell they're really spam:

    So this person sending through sendgrid is using a brand new blacklisted domain from a contabo box with it's default hostname? Everything about that screams "This is a spammer." If that domain cardid.pro is you, have some self respect and age a domain, hold it for a bit before you begin spamming out email from it, and talk to Spamhaus about it being listed. Because if that's not you, that's absolutely a spammer. It's listed at Spamhaus for good reason. Even the use of the .pro TLD implies spam all by itself.

    But if you want to whitelist it in DirectAdmin, add this line to whitelist:

    *@em7348.cardid.pro

    As for:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: I had a ticket earlier #443091.

    Where you provided zero helpful information and received an answer to exactly what you asked, nothing more.

    This whole thread should be a ticket. Open one if you want, that's all the LET support I'll be doing in this thread.

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @jar said: If that domain cardid.pro is you

    Not mine Broh ! :|

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @jar said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Found something new, the IP isn't on your MXRBL but discarding email.

    See here: https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=cardid.pro

    I think anyone can understand when they get listed at Spamhaus, even if Gmail doesn't reject them right now. Making matters even worse, here's how I can tell they're really spam:

    So this person sending through sendgrid is using a brand new blacklisted domain from a contabo box with it's default hostname? Everything about that screams "This is a spammer." If that domain cardid.pro is you, have some self respect and age a domain, hold it for a bit before you begin spamming out email from it, and talk to Spamhaus about it being listed. Because if that's not you, that's absolutely a spammer. It's listed at Spamhaus for good reason. Even the use of the .pro TLD implies spam all by itself.

    But if you want to whitelist it in DirectAdmin, add this line to whitelist:

    *@em7348.cardid.pro

    As for:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: I had a ticket earlier #443091.

    Where you provided zero helpful information and received an answer to exactly what you asked, nothing more.

    This whole thread should be a ticket. Open one if you want, that's all the LET support I'll be doing in this thread.

    Thank you for the information. Sorry for the confusion from My Side. Any chance for any new campaign from MXRoute ?

  • tommyluotommyluo Member

    I block sendgrid spam by user id filter,their envelope senders format is:
    bounces+sendgrid_user_id-XXXXXXXXX
    As long as it match that,direct reject it.

  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

    @jar said: If that domain cardid.pro is you

    Not mine Broh ! :|

    You're saying m****z isn't mahfuz and cardid.pro has no relation to what you talked about on LET a few months back?

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep
    edited May 21

    @dane_doherty said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

    @jar said: If that domain cardid.pro is you

    Not mine Broh ! :|

    You're saying m****z isn't mahfuz and cardid.pro has no relation to what you talked about on LET a few months back?

    m****z is certainly me. But, cardid is not ours. I was checking an app named Card ID from Google Play Store & signed up. The App Developer sent me to try it out. I said, Emails aren't beong received & we found this. I told him, not to use SendGrid & use AWS SES instead. This is the whole story.

    Mod edit (angstrom): removed link to Card ID

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @dane_doherty I'm not a big fan of neither SendGrid nor Contabo ! :s

  • It's a good choice if you don't send spam.

  • GreyhoundGreyhound Member

    Everything is good. I used to use the service for a few accounts with 40G storage. I finally went to Rackspace as I needed more space for each account.

  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: m****z is certainly me. But, cardid is not ours. I was checking an app named

    Oh, come on. The website is unfinished as of yet and was registered on 11th May, the app was launched on 17th May and it doesn't even have 50 downloads. This is the same shit as "asking for a friend".

    Seems like @jar was right.

    @angstrom Let's congratulate OP for his 186th discussion and remove the linkspam from his post?

  • angstromangstrom Moderator

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: m****z is certainly me. But, cardid is not ours. I was checking an app named

    Oh, come on. The website is unfinished as of yet and was registered on 11th May, the app was launched on 17th May and it doesn't even have 50 downloads. This is the same shit as "asking for a friend".

    Seems like @jar was right.

    @angstrom Let's congratulate OP for his 186th discussion and remove the linkspam from his post?

    Have removed the link

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL , this behavior (throwing in a link to Card ID) is tantamount to shilling. Please avoid doing this in the future (or come clean about your relationship to Card ID)

    Thanked by 1stevewatson301
  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member

    Now I realize why I am not getting emails from CloudFlare. When I want to log in to my CloudFlare account, they are sending verification emails and I am not getting it. I have to log in and log out multiple times to get the code.

    Can this be checked and fixed?

  • netomxnetomx Moderator

    Interesting twist.

    Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 21

    @imgmoney said: Can this be checked and fixed?

    Only if there would be a ticket system on mxroute page with pretty responsive friendly admin that is willing to help you and even manually grep logs.

    But hey, asking on LET without giving any details that @jar can track is (at least PM him domain ffs) much better.

    https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/tickets/new/

    Thanked by 1bakageta
  • NekkiNekki Member

    @jingfanqin said:
    It's a good choice if you don't send spam.

    And similarly, not sending spam is a good choice, what?

  • tommyluotommyluo Member

    One of my vps provider is using sendgrid to send invoice and all is blocked by my mail server,if i did not remember the vps expire date and it was deleted,that will be big lost.
    Their IPs(Sendgrid) are too bad!

    postfix/smtpd[7651]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from wrqvtvkv.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net[149.72.120.24]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [149.72.120.24] blocked using bl.spamcop.net
    postfix/smtpd[8437]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from wrqvthck.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net[149.72.112.193]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [149.72.112.193] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

    Thanked by 1jar
  • BoogeymanBoogeyman Member

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Not mine Broh !

    Opening a potential PMS thread to shill. Classic LET things.

    You're not following the Broh code.

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: m****z is certainly me. But, cardid is not ours. I was checking an app named

    Oh, come on. The website is unfinished as of yet and was registered on 11th May, the app was launched on 17th May and it doesn't even have 50 downloads. This is the same shit as "asking for a friend".

    Seems like @jar was right.

    @angstrom Let's congratulate OP for his 186th discussion and remove the linkspam from his post?

    I don't understand why you try to make connection everywhere. I said this is not mine, there is no reason to make this my thing.

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @angstrom said:

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: m****z is certainly me. But, cardid is not ours. I was checking an app named

    Oh, come on. The website is unfinished as of yet and was registered on 11th May, the app was launched on 17th May and it doesn't even have 50 downloads. This is the same shit as "asking for a friend".

    Seems like @jar was right.

    @angstrom Let's congratulate OP for his 186th discussion and remove the linkspam from his post?

    Have removed the link

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL , this behavior (throwing in a link to Card ID) is tantamount to shilling. Please avoid doing this in the future (or come clean about your relationship to Card ID)

    Sorry for the inconvenience. I will keep it in mind (about the links).

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @Boogeyman said:

    @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Not mine Broh !

    Opening a potential PMS thread to shill. Classic LET things.

    You're not following the Broh code.

    No, I was trying to know about how MXRoute SPAM filters work & you can see many others have queries too. No harm in knowing something :)

  • netomxnetomx Moderator

    How is it MXRoute? It's fine, thank you.

  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

    Mxroute has worked wonders for me

  • TimRooTimRoo Member

    How is MXRoute?

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Host Rep

    @TimRoo said:
    How is MXRoute?

    Yeah, I know. @jar is definitely running a tight ship & it's working flawlessly !

    Thanked by 1jar
  • webixwebix Member

    Actually, you said you won't play GOD but it's actually what you're doing with us...
    We reach to you to know why you blacklisted all our ASN (we have more than 3000 IPs). And this is our mail exchange. I'll leave it here for everyone to know how you manage your RBL list and how wrong your "best practices" are:
    Me:

    Hello.
    I was notified that you have blacklisted my whole ASN. That is not a good practice.
    Also, we are not a spam network. We are a legit datacenter company operating in Viseu, Portugal.
    We also have counter-measures to prevent any of our clients to send spam from our network.
    If someone complains about spam going out from one of our IPs, you have to forward the complain to our abuse email ([email protected]). We handle the abuse reports at 15 mins from 7am till 11pm.
    So, can you please unblock all the IPs and inform me what IP has originated spam so we can handle the issue?

    Reply from mxrbl:

    To be clear, I don't have to do anything and what is a "good practice" is what best serves my company and my customers. If I only find spam from your network and long listings of PTR records look like obvious spam trends, I list the whole ASN. It's not personal, I have a job to do the same as you.
    A quick run through your ASN looks like spam to me. Let me tell you what I see, you can run with it after hopefully understanding my perspective.
    All of this matches spam trends:
    [list of 8 IPs and their PTR records]
    Randomly generated hostnames for a domain that either has no website or looks suspiciously like something that wouldn't at all need multiple IPs for the type of business implied:
    [list of 256 IPs and their PTR records]
    Should I go on or is that enough for you to work with?

    Me:

    So... You block the ips and ASN based only o PTR records?
    There are several reasons why PTR records need to be configured for IP addresses (mail is only one of them).
    Did you actually have records of spam being sent from my ASN/IPs?
    If yes, please send the signature.
    Since September 2020 that we filter all mail going out on our IPs to insure the good reputation of our network.
    Also, juste because there are 10-20 ips that where detected sending spam, you can't block a ASN that has more than 3000 IPs. That's not fair! If you act like that, why not block the hurricane electric or cogent? The answer is obvious, isn't it?
    Let's work correctly. ;)
    I have a public abuse mail for where complains can be sent. And that abuse is publicly listed on the RIR (ripe). I pay a team to handle the complaints and act quickly.
    Best Regards,

    mxrbl:

    Yes I go by reverse DNS as well. If you don't have a ton of spammers on your network, then you once did and you never cleaned their PTR records. Let me know when things look cleaner. You don't have to like the way I do things, your approval is not required. You are free to ignore MXRBL entirely and consider us irrelevant if you like. Please don't write back while your ranges are littered with obvious spammer PTR records.

    me:

    Hello.
    My ranges are clean. I won't change the PTR records because those PTR are needed for other services.
    I contacted you in first place because I have a client that subscribed a SSL certificate and he isn't receiving the email with the invoice and the certificate itself because his provider is using your rbl.
    So, doing like everyone do, if you don't have any reports from actual spam being sent from my network, you please remove all records?

    still me:

    For info, the PTR records you listed aren't using for mail but for server automation on a energy counting record system of one of our clients.
    We have a lot of clients that do use PTR records for other means than mailing systems (SAN traffic, diagnosis, etc...). And asking them to change all PTR records is overkill.
    You start by blocking a full ASN just because you're based on a single aspect. Maybe 2-3 years ago we had a client that sent spam from one of our IPs, but I can assure you that today that is not possible. And also, you should base your filtering on spam signatures and not on PTR records. Are you also blocking the full HE ASN? I guess not or otherwise you'll be out of business...
    Best Regards,

    mxrbl:

    If you need the PTR records that I pointed out, then you are in fact running a spam network. Delisting denied.

    So, my question is: Will you, has a webhosting provider, use this RBL list to fight SPAM? I certainly not!

    I point out the lack of knowledge of how SPAM filtering works and how is mxrbl "implicated" on reducing the false positives...

  • ralfralf Member

    @webix said:
    So, my question is: Will you, has a webhosting provider, use this RBL list to fight SPAM? I certainly not!

    I point out the lack of knowledge of how SPAM filtering works and how is mxrbl "implicated" on reducing the false positives...

    It sounds like they're good at weeding out spam and don't take shit from spammers trying to play the innocent card.

    PS congratulations on your first post from your alt account.

  • WickedWicked Member

    As others have mentioned; it's good. I've been using it for a few years now mostly for smaller projects.

    Also used RackSpace Mail, Namecheap's Private Email and MailCheap. No issues.

  • sanvitsanvit Member

    @webix said: he isn't receiving the email with the invoice and the certificate itself because his provider is using your rbl.

    Doesn't MXRBL only block incoming mails? So emails from the SSL provider to your IPs shouldn't be affected by this anyway?

Sign In or Register to comment.