Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RoboVPS® current news - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RoboVPS® current news

2»

Comments

• edited May 2022

@emgh said:

@angstrom said:
    It's natural that people have strong feelings about the war, but @rustelekom is simply giving an update about their services and payment options. Let's not bring the war or sanctions into this thread.

I actually think that was the point with the whole thread. We all know @rustelekom views about the war, and a simple mail to clients with western countries as their registered address would serve this purpose a lot better than this thread.

Obviously, this thread was/is going to derail, and @rustelekom gets to be the top of LET for 24 hours. Win-win.

Until someone informs the payment providers about this workaround that they have found. Then off to the trenches benches again.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@emgh said:

@angstrom said:
    It's natural that people have strong feelings about the war, but @rustelekom is simply giving an update about their services and payment options. Let's not bring the war or sanctions into this thread.

I actually think that was the point with the whole thread. We all know @rustelekom views about the war, and a simple mail to clients with western countries as their registered address would serve this purpose a lot better than this thread.

Obviously, this thread was/is going to derail ...

Thanks to @angstrom, Nope, it's not.

I very much appreciate your moderation style, angstrom. Thank you!

@rustelekom

May whatever mechanism that may be work well for you. Just make sure that once a week or so you collect and transfer your money out of the oh so great "free, democratic, law respecting" western world, where, oopsie, the money of Russians tends to vanish.

Thanked by 2rustelekom kevertje
  • emghemgh Member

@jsg said: "free, democratic, law respecting" western world, where, oopsie, the money of Russians tends to vanish

Great that you at the same message where you praised @angstrom for not letting the thread go off-topic did go off-topic and into politics.

Just like I said would happen, and you couldn't even wait to do so in a separate post as the post where you're saying "Nope, it's not.".

• xaocxaoc Member
    edited May 2022

The entire fucking thread is about the war, either lock it/delete it or stop "selectively" "cleaning" it. [Text]

Mod edit (angstrom): Please don't make insults

And no, this thread isn't about the war (though some people seem intent on making it about the war)

Thanked by 2darkenergy ooowwww
  • emghemgh Member

I'm starting to get very tired of this @rustelekom guy, claiming he's making a 100 % non-political thread, and then "thanking" @jsg for making a very political post in the very non-political thread.

Just lock this already.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

We have a policy of equal treatment of providers (who are all subject to the same rules).

@rustelekom is a provider here, and like any other provider, he has the right to start offer threads.

@rustelekom's opening post in this thread isn't a political post. The part about payment options is no doubt motivated by a certain political and economical context at the moment (this context being what it is), but his post isn't a political post.

As far as this thread is concerned, @rustelekom's personal political views are irrelevant.

It's not for LET administrators and moderators to determine whether sanctions against Russia are being violated or not (and nor could we determine this even if we wanted to).

As you all know, there's a (still tolerated) off-topic thread dedicated to discussion of the war, so please keep discussion of the war (and all of its politics) in that thread.

• emghemgh Member

@jsg said: Just make sure that once a week or so you collect and transfer your money out of the oh so great "free, democratic, law respecting" western world, where, oopsie, the money of Russians tends to vanish.

@angstrom consider that political?

If not, you're very wrong.

If yes, @rustelekom thanked no post on this page except for that, one of two political posts, the one favoring Russia and being against the west.

The goal here isn't an announcement.

Thanked by 3ooowwww bulbasaur mrTom
  • emghemgh Member

Announcement: Emgh Hosting closes its doors to Russian clients because of how bad Russia is and how good the west is.

This is merely an announcement. Don't make this political.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2022

@emgh said:

@jsg said: Just make sure that once a week or so you collect and transfer your money out of the oh so great "free, democratic, law respecting" western world, where, oopsie, the money of Russians tends to vanish.

If yes, @rustelekom thanked no post on this page except for that, one of two political posts, the one favoring Russia and being against the west.

BS! What you quoted was a simple operational point. FACT: many russian state/company/private funds and assets have been frozen or taken away. Why that happened is a political issue. but that it happened is a simple fact. Similarly, stating that, with a.m. fact in mind, russian entities should accumulate funds or assets in NATO countries and especially in the EU is a simple operational advice.

Also, to the best of my knowledge @rustelekom never started a war nor did they invade any country or kill anyone. So, hampering their business operations was/is highly questionable and unjustified anyway.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2022

@jsg said: BS! What you quoted was a simple operational point. FACT: many russian state/company/private funds and assets have been frozen or taken away. Why that happened is a political issue. but that it happened is a simple fact. Similarly, stating that, with a.m. fact in mind, russian entities should accumulate funds or assets in NATO countries and especially in the EU is a simple operational advice.

You're right.

@jsg said: So, hampering their business operations was/is highly questionable and unjustified anyway.

That's politics, again.

Also, your sarcastic tone against the west in the quoted comment made it political. You could have said what you tried to say in a non-political way, but you chose not to.

@emgh said:

Most of the comments in this thread are political (including that one).

I could delete all of the comments in this thread except for the opening post and we could start again!

My point was that the opening post isn't political.

To be honest, in general, we don't moderate who thanks whom (which would become tricky quickly).

The opening post looks like an offer/announcement.

The LET administrators and moderators aren't certified mind-readers.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@angstrom said:

@emgh said:

Most of the comments in this thread are political (including that one).

I could delete all of the comments in this thread except for the opening post and we could start again!

My point was that the opening post isn't political.

To be honest, in general, we don't moderate who thanks whom (which would become tricky quickly).

The opening post looks like an offer/announcement.

The LET administrators and moderators aren't certified mind-readers.

I agree that "thanking" shouldn't be moderated, but it shows clear intent about @rustelekom wanting this to become political, otherwise, he wouldn't enjoy reading a political post on a, according to himself, nonpolitical thread.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • edited May 2022

@angstrom while I see your point - you are quoting the rules on a thread that was specifically opened to inform users, that they (the provider) managed to break the T&Cs of PayPal, visa, Mastercard etc ..

Something doesn't add up here.

EDIT2: Oh, "patron provider". Never mind then, rules must be different when one pays.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

O for fuck's sake @emgh... and some others.

Guy just want his small business to survive and you're acting like an asshole.

Thanked by 2jsg NanoG6
  • emghemgh Member

@NobodyInteresting said:
    @angstrom while I see your point - you are quoting the rules on a thread that was specifically opened to inform users, that they (the provider) managed to break the T&Cs of PayPal, visa, Mastercard etc ..

I'm not too familiar with the rules, but after a simple Google Search it seems PayPal doesn't operate any payments to/from Russia anymore (could be wrong, don't take my word for it).

If that's the case, it's definitely a bending of the rules at least.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • emghemgh Member

@Samael said:
    O for fuck's sake @emg...

It's four letters, it's not that hard.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @emgh said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I'm not too familiar with the rules, but after a simple Google Search it seems PayPal doesn't operate any payments to/from Russia anymore (could be wrong, don't take my word for it).

If that's the case, it's definitely a bending of the rules at least.

Exactly.

Thanked by 2emgh ooowwww
  • emghemgh Member

@Samael said: Guy just want his small business to survive and you're acting like an asshole.

Have you read his posts outside of this thread?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@emgh said:

@Samael said:
    O for fuck's sake @emg...

It's four letters, it's not that hard.

And you're just enjoying of being dick, right?

• MumblyMumbly Member

@emgh said:

@Samael said: Guy just want his small business to survive and you're acting like an asshole.

No I did not. But I read posts in this tread and you're just trying too hard.

• emghemgh Member

@Samael said:

@emgh said:

No I did not. But I read posts in this tread and you're just trying too hard.

Then you don't know his views, and therefore have no clue about his intent. If you had a clue, I'd take the discussion with you, but you don't - so I won't.

People, we're going to take a break. Please go outside and get some fresh air.

(And just to add this: let's leave it to PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard to determine whether their respective ToSes are being broken or not.)

This discussion has been closed.