Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with OVH - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with OVH

2»

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Not a scam.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@DP said:
    Not a scam.

What about some more neutral subject, something like "My experience with OVH" in case you want to protect host from false accusations which may damage their reputation instead of use it against op?
    I mean, you don't need to act like a punk now, do you? If you already feel like you need to do it as op's personal feelings about the case may be wrong, do it with something neutral.

Those subject changes by moderator should be treated carefully with all the respect toward both sides as they are written under op's name and op can't change them anymore. It's like forcibly putting your own words in his mouth to shame him because he's wrong. He really don't need this right now.

Thanked by 1zed
  • @DP said:
    Not a scam.

Yea the scam part should have been removed if you think that was too harsh removing the rest doesn’t make sense since the customer support was absolutely horrible compared to any major IT company I’ve worked with.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Samael said: "My experience with OVH"

Ok.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @adly said:

@skobaRocket said:
    Well like I said in my humble opinion this is a minor sort of scam it’s like they just look for an excuse to rip off your IP ranges without a good reason especially since they write everywhere that IP ranges have to be deleted manually.

https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_325716a587c64897acbef9a4a4726e38/contracts/c9e7698-Contrat_part_IP-DE-1.0.pdf

“The contract for additional IP addresses is automatically renewed with the contract
    for the compatible service to which they have been assigned. The contract for additional IP addresses therefore ends automatically if the contract for the compatible service to which the IP addresses are assigned is not renewed.”

Stand 29.11.2012

This document is 10 years old some of those things written are simple not true from my experience, and or they write contradicting stuff on the website docs etc, from my feeling they just made it easy for themselves and deleted the hole server including IPs and now they are not ready to really look into the issue or take extra measures which presumably might mean extra work for the support stuff which they are easy to dodge here

• Welcome to OVH. I use OVH for over 10 years now and it's always the same with them. Sadly I can also confirm that when someone from the standard OVH support handles a ticket, they respond to the first thing you say and ignore the rest. It's crazy.

The problem with OVH is that the different departments are not communicating with eachother very well. Its one big mess internally.

It gets better when you take the extra "Business" or "Enterprise" support option (and pay 10% extra LOL!). They can do more for you then Standard support. However if you are a Enterprise customer like me, and you ask something a little more complicated to be changed, you are still fucked or wait very long becuase these idiots dont know how to speak to someone at another department. There is also no flexibility in OVH at all.

Its so funny how their CEO said they are focussing on gaming in the APAC region, but their latencies are total shit there.

I would be long gone if they didn't had ok-ish ddos protection and low pricing for IPv4.

Thanked by 1skobaRocket
  • adlyadly Veteran

@skobaRocket said:
    Stand 29.11.2012

This document is 10 years old some of those things written are simple not true from my experience, and or they write contradicting stuff on the website docs etc, from my feeling they just made it easy for themselves and deleted the hole server including IPs and now they are not ready to really look into the issue or take extra measures which presumably might mean extra work for the support stuff which they are easy to dodge here

Regardless of how old the document is - it’s the current version of their IP terms and they are entitled to hold you to them.

Maybe practices have changed, and maybe they don’t enforce them often, but they have this time and knowing OVH it’s not worth arguing otherwise.

• HaxHax Member

Don't use wire transfer man, they need to verify every payment manually. Use credit card or PayPal, both will be associated to your account, even so they still need to verify the payment manually, but it's much faster because it'd be associated to your account, wire transfer is not.

9 May was Monday which is also the busiest day of the week, they probably had a ton payments piled up from Friday night.