Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google's G Suite Personal use: stay on no-cost Legacy G Suite - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google's G Suite Personal use: stay on no-cost Legacy G Suite

2»

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@kavinrak said:
    Oops, i moved out and deleted my account. :'(

Haha, done the same and not looking back to use Google.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@trycatchthis said:

@Nekki said:
    Sir, this is capitalism, and the notion of fairness is hardly a consideration.

I wouldn't say that.
    If your customers develop ill will towards you that has a negative impact on business. So does good will have a positive effect.

The perception of fairness does matter.

Sir, you have summarily failed to detect the humour in my statement, so I’m afraid your point, although well made, is completely wasted as I fully agree with you!

Tally ho, old bean!

• trycatchthistrycatchthis Member
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:
    Tally ho, old bean!

Add <sarcasm /> tags next time

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@trycatchthis said:

@Nekki said:
    Tally ho, old bean!

Add <sarcasm /> tags next time

Sure, would you like me to wipe your arse too?

• DazzleDazzle Member

@Nekki said:

Ha! Just release it, don't hold back.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Dazzle said:

@Nekki said:

Ha! Just release it, don't hold back.

Sir, I am quite sure I do not know what came over me, I offer profuse apologies to all for such loutish behaviour.

• @SpeedTest said:

Did you talk to support? I did and they say my domain is now safe, but it worries me there are no visual identifiers that it will remain a legacy gsuite free edition, like is on my domains which automatically let me choose.

• @the_doctor said:

@SpeedTest said:

Did you talk to support? I did and they say my domain is now safe, but it worries me there are no visual identifiers that it will remain a legacy gsuite free edition like is on my domains which automatically let me choose.

I didn't. Are they saying that some accounts are automatically "safe"? And I don't need to do anything to keep my G Suite legacy free?

• I've since already migrated my email out to MXRoute but I'm still a little miffed at the whole situation. It has liberated me one more step from Google, but quite annoying to have to go through it.

Thanked by 1zed
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@daxterfellowes said:
    I've since already migrated my email out to MXRoute but I'm still a little miffed at the whole situation. It has liberated me one more step from Google, but quite annoying to have to go through it.

Sir, I appreciate the frustration you surely feel, but freeing yourself from the clutches of the unspeakable evil that is Google is surely worth the heartache you’ve had to endure, what?

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @Nekki said:

@daxterfellowes said:
    I've since already migrated my email out to MXRoute but I'm still a little miffed at the whole situation. It has liberated me one more step from Google, but quite annoying to have to go through it.

Sir, I appreciate the frustration you surely feel, but freeing yourself from the clutches of the unspeakable evil that is Google is surely worth the heartache you’ve had to endure, what?

It is definitely a step in the right direction. And I'm glad now that should anything happen to my Google account, I'm not going to lose my Gmail access because I posted too many emojis in a Youtube live stream...

• @daxterfellowes said:

@Nekki said:

@daxterfellowes said:

It is definitely a step in the right direction. And I'm glad now that should anything happen to my Google account, I'm not going to lose my Gmail access because I posted too many emojis in a Youtube live stream...

If you get suspended from any service from using too many emojis, the problem is you.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

Honestly, I think they realised that the cost of building and maintaining some sort of new migration thing was too large, and decided to keep things mostly as-is. They do say:

G Suite legacy free edition does not include support, and in the future we may remove certain business functionality.

and have not defined what "certain business functionality" is, so there's still a chance they'll categorise Google Docs/Sheets (for example) as "business functionality" one day and remove access.

@killer23d said:

@Astro said:
    I wonder if any of the legacy accounts are for sale somewhere

You can find them, I think they are about 10 users/USD$60, but Google stopped letting people change Primary and add secondary domains. The seller will add your domain as alias, your login will have to use their primary domains and all your email accounts will have to setup the "send-as".

This doesn't really work well though. The old primary domain will be the Envelope-From for all emails that are sent, and there's no way to change it. This can mean that you also need to acquire the original primary domain and set its SPIF and DKIM records correctly, or hope the seller holds onto it and sets the records properly for you, otherwise emails may be blocked by spam blockers. It's a hassle if you don't even want that domain.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @TimboJones said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@Nekki said:

@daxterfellowes said:

If you get suspended from any service from using too many emojis, the problem is you.

See: https://9to5google.com/2019/11/09/google-account-bans-youtube-emote-spam-markiplier/

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-developer-account-ban-raya-games/

If you're saying Google is a saint and has never taken negative action on a Google account for inconsequential actions that have resulted in the loss of all services, see the above reference articles.

• @daxterfellowes said:

@TimboJones said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@Nekki said:

@daxterfellowes said:

See: https://9to5google.com/2019/11/09/google-account-bans-youtube-emote-spam-markiplier/

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-developer-account-ban-raya-games/

If you're saying Google is a saint and has never taken negative action on a Google account for inconsequential actions that have resulted in the loss of all services, see the above reference articles.

I'm doubling down on what I said previously. Kudos to Google.

• @SpeedTest said:

@the_doctor said:

@SpeedTest said:

Did you talk to support? I did and they say my domain is now safe, but it worries me there are no visual identifiers that it will remain a legacy gsuite free edition like is on my domains which automatically let me choose.

I didn't. Are they saying that some accounts are automatically "safe"? And I don't need to do anything to keep my G Suite legacy free?

No, quite the opposite. They said that accounts that didn't automatically get the offer were detected as businesses, basically, so wouldn't receive the offer.

• @Daniel15 said:
    Honestly, I think they realised that the cost of building and maintaining some sort of new migration thing was too large, and decided to keep things mostly as-is. They do say:

G Suite legacy free edition does not include support, and in the future we may remove certain business functionality.

and have not defined what "certain business functionality" is, so there's still a chance they'll categorise Google Docs/Sheets (for example) as "business functionality" one day and remove access.

@killer23d said:

@Astro said:
    I wonder if any of the legacy accounts are for sale somewhere

You can find them, I think they are about 10 users/USD$60, but Google stopped letting people change Primary and add secondary domains. The seller will add your domain as alias, your login will have to use their primary domains and all your email accounts will have to setup the "send-as".

This doesn't really work well though. The old primary domain will be the Envelope-From for all emails that are sent, and there's no way to change it. This can mean that you also need to acquire the original primary domain and set its SPIF and DKIM records correctly, or hope the seller holds onto it and sets the records properly for you, otherwise emails may be blocked by spam blockers. It's a hassle if you don't even want that domain.

Correct, that effectively makes these accounts very useless unless the seller is willing to let the domain go as well.

• To begin, Google is providing a no - cost option for individuals and families using their accounts for non-commercial purposes, if so, you can opt in to a personal no-cost option through the Google Admin Console once you were converted into a Google Workspace subscription by following this link signed as the super administrator of your account https://admin.google.com/ac/billing/legacytransition and following the on screen instructions.
    You will immediately be converted to Google Workspace no-cost with 300 users :wink:

Thanked by 1sayan
  • @MohamadSY said:
    To begin, Google is providing a no - cost option for individuals and families using their accounts for non-commercial purposes, if so, you can opt in to a personal no-cost option through the Google Admin Console once you were converted into a Google Workspace subscription by following this link signed as the super administrator of your account https://admin.google.com/ac/billing/legacytransition and following the on screen instructions.
    You will immediately be converted to Google Workspace no-cost with 300 users :wink:

300?!?! Shouldn't it be 10 users Max on the free legacy going forward? 300 seems fucked for the purpose.

• @TimboJones said:

@MohamadSY said:
    To begin, Google is providing a no - cost option for individuals and families using their accounts for non-commercial purposes, if so, you can opt in to a personal no-cost option through the Google Admin Console once you were converted into a Google Workspace subscription by following this link signed as the super administrator of your account https://admin.google.com/ac/billing/legacytransition and following the on screen instructions.

300?!?! Shouldn't it be 10 users Max on the free legacy going forward? 300 seems fucked for the purpose.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @TimboJones said:

@MohamadSY said:

I have a domain/account with 50 users that was converted successfully.

• Does anyone know how can we find expired domain with Gsuit free legacy ?

I remember there was a website that lists these domains.

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited July 2022

@PandoGulf said:
    Does anyone know how can we find expired domain with Gsuit free legacy ?

I remember there was a website that lists these domains.

I think all died already. If you did not login to the account within a year, that free legacy account will be deleted.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • @DanSummer said: I have a domain/account with 50 users that was converted successfully.

Lucky, mine says Your account is ineligible to switch to the no-cost option.

• also got a 300 users free plan now, wtf....