Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch are you kidding me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch are you kidding me?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Good Sir, your confrontational approach to this situation is hardly helpful to our friends at HostHatch in what is surely a most trying time for them. I’m sure you would rather pass along your well-wishes and support in resolving the current predicament?

• @Nekki said:
    Good Sir, your confrontational approach to this situation is hardly helpful to our friends at HostHatch in what is surely a most trying time for them. I’m sure you would rather pass along your well-wishes and support in resolving the current predicament?

You're gonna make everyone in this forum lose their shit if you keep speaking like that.

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@Nekki said:

You're gonna make everyone in this forum lose their shit if you keep speaking like that.

yea, as a non native English speaker, I need to use google translate to make sure I got his point right... :D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Chicago is kaput.

• defaultdefault Veteran

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@JeDaYoshi said:

@Nekki said:

What a horrible thought! I would be utterly besides myself if I thought everyone was sans-faeces as a result of my actions, although biologically speaking, I’m not clear how this event could occur. Unless you are talking in the figurative sense, in which instance I can only try to assuage you that I have no such inclination and only wish to take this fine community to heights not yet reached. I do hope we are able to reach an accord on this matter.

@zqm840527 said:

@JeDaYoshi said:

@Nekki said:

yea, as a non native English speaker, I need to use google translate to make sure I got his point right... :D

Oh Sir, it pains me to know you are experiencing difficulty interpreting my missives, might I know what suggestions you have for remediating this clearly untenable situation?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

Wasn't it raid failure? Also I think they said something along the lines of having 20 storage servers at one location and it was only 1 of the 20 that went down. Maybe they happened to have a bad batch of raid controllers. You really can't blame them for downtime due to raid/disk failure because it happens everywhere even if you pay 10-20x the price you pay hosthatch.

If they take several weeks to bring your service back online, then that's on them. But it's not fair to blame them for raid failure.

Edit: Looks like all their services at chicago are down. But my point still stands. Downtime happens no matter what provider you go with. What matters is how long they take to resolve it.

• PixelsPixels Member

@NoComment said:

Edit: Looks like all their services at chicago are down. But my point still stands. Downtime happens no matter what provider you go with. What matters is how long they take to resolve it.

And whether they have an SLA to comply with or not

• @Pixels said:

@NoComment said:

And whether they have an SLA to comply with or not

Maybe I am just uninformed, but SLA is kinda useless in the hosting industry at least from my perspective. Occasionally you have small hosts offering 4-5 nines SLA but if you read the fine print, you will see how pointless it is. Bigger hosts like aws offer 3 nines for most of their services, you get somewhat more credit than these bullshit 4-5 nines SLAs, but it's still kinda pointless.

Where SLA really matters is in the consumer ISP/telco industry, because it's almost always 5 nines and it's not uncommon for these ISPS to lose millions of revenue due to SLA.

• @Nekki said:
    take this fine community to heights not yet reached.

Might I be so brazen for a moment and inquire on how you plan on achieving such a feat? Cocaine mayhaps?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Nekki said:
    take this fine community to heights not yet reached.

Might I be so brazen for a moment and inquire on how you plan on achieving such a feat? Cocaine mayhaps?

Whilst a touch of snuff maybe indeed be a joyous experience, I feel that to reach the highest of heights we need that most intoxicating of emotions; love. Love born from the sort of lifelong friendships one may only find in an outstanding community such as this!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Nekki said: Whilst a touch of snuff maybe indeed be a joyous experience, I feel that to reach the highest of heights we need that most intoxicating of emotions; love. Love born from the sort of lifelong friendships one may only find in an outstanding community such as this!

I expect using a facetious tag at the end of these comments for the non native English speakers would take all the fun out of it.

Thanked by 2ariq01 webcraft
  • lanefulanefu Member

Both my chicago boxes are up now. 6hr 45m outage. VMs were definitely restarted but looks unscathed.

My storage box wasnt impacted by the previous outage. Been over a year since I had any availability issues with it.

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

It's very concerning that everything was rebooted.

I assumed this was just a network issue when all systems went offline at roughly the same time, but apparently not.

• defaultdefault Veteran

I am starting to grow within myself a peculiar form of intrinsic gratitude for this new @Nekki

Thanked by 1risharde
  • emghemgh Member

I see no point in this thread.

//HostHatch

Thanked by 1zed
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@default said:
    I am starting to grow within myself a peculiar form of intrinsic gratitude for this new @Nekki

Why Sir, you honour me with your most gracious praise! I hope I can continue along this most fortuitous of route, for both our stakes.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

@default said:

Why Sir, you honour me with your most gracious praise! I hope I can continue along this most fortuitous of route, for both our stakes.

Sure mister, I was receptive on your glee for such trivial delights. With an exuberant excretion I shall plea into both our fancies.

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

Good lord @Nekki, what have they done to you?

Thanked by 1zqm840527
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@default said: Sure mister, I was receptive on your glee for such trivial delights. With an exuberant excretion I shall plea into your fancies.

Exuberant excretions indeed! Some merry mirth leaves me in such a good humour I feel I shall not need to partake in supper this evening, such it fills my oft-empty heart.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

As a patron provider, can we request that @Nekki returns to his/her normal self so that we can all continue on with life?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@QuantumCore said:

My good friend and esteemed patron provider, no-one has done a thing to me! I have simply adhered to the request of our moderation team and adapted my behaviour to a manner more befitting the 'audience', which is to say the oft-fragile ego and mood of our friends in this fine community, and I am more than happy to do so!

Thanked by 1default
  • @default said:

@Nekki said:

@default said:

Sure mister, I was receptive on your glee for such trivial delights. With an exuberant excretion I shall plea into both our fancies.

What the heck is going on?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@webcraft said:

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@default said:

What the heck is going on?

Sir, we are merely partaking in a conversation most elegant, as we are firm friends and understand each other's proclivities in exacting detail!

Thanked by 1default
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

@QuantumCore said:

My good friend and esteemed patron provider, no-one has done a thing to me! I have simply adhered to the request of our moderation team and adapted my behaviour to a manner more befitting the 'audience', which is to say the oft-fragile ego and mood of our friends in this fine community, and I am more than happy to do so!

I was not conscious there was an informed supplication in regards to your demeanour, which was contemplated by management as not befitting for our fine gathering. Such confounded action seems highly egregious and it humbles my insides from within.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@QuantumCore said:

I was not conscious there was an informed supplication in regards to your demeanour, which was contemplated by management as not befitting for our fine gathering. Such confounded action seems highly egregious and it humbles my insides from within.

Sir, whilst there is never a downside to humbleness, being humbled from the very inside sounds like a dangerous, potentially fatal malady, so I implore you to make the necessary adjustments forthwith and recover yourself to a position of strength once more, for I would be heartbroken to see you in such a compromised state for any significant period of time.

• dosaidosai Member

Will it stop you from getting anymore services from hosthatch?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Nekki said:

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@QuantumCore said:

Sir, whilst there is never a downside to humbleness, being humbled from the very inside sounds like a dangerous, potentially fatal malady, so I implore you to make the necessary adjustments forthwith and recover yourself to a position of strength once more, for I would be heartbroken to see you in such a compromised state for any significant period of time.

The tenderness and feculence of this conundrum is what provoked my bellyache.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@dosai said:

Will it stop you from getting anymore services from hosthatch?

No. The whole shebang will continue, because lads are rapturous for cheapo services. See the offers of HostSolutions and their demise through involucration.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@default said:

@Nekki said:

@QuantumCore said:

The tenderness and feculence of this conundrum is what provoked my bellyache.

Sir, you are quite the wordsmith! Our interactions are fast becoming a veritable highlight of my day!

Thanked by 1webcraft