Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ?

13»

Comments

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

+1 on the above proposed name change.

• @jarland said:
    I can't think of a provider that wouldn't have suspended TS running at high PPS that wasn't routed through DDOS protection.

Let's take a poll. I bet there are a few summer Christmas hosts who think PPS stands for Portland Public Schools.

Thanked by 2jar ryanarp
  • IPXCore is a good provider, I have an IPv6-only VPS with them and despite the fact it's so cheap I still got excellent support when I needed it. I would certainly recommend, no issues for me and good network.

• Ha.

Same thing everyone else has basically said, and "30 people" Teamspeak is not small. It's not big, but it's not small. When you said small I thought 5 or 6 people.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Looks like our name got dragged into this. I have by no means read all the comments. I'm just here to say that we nullroute attacked IPs automatically these days, but we used to do the same thing as IPXCore: nullroute for 12-24 hours on any disruptive attacks. It's standard practice. I have no comment on how IPXCore handled this particular client, nor do I know who this client is.

/neutral

• @Maounique said:

Ikea in Canada sells hotdogs for 75 cents.. I'm sure in the US it's more like 50 cents.

• @MrObvious said:
    In Damian 's defense, I host a TS at buyvm, with a filtered IP. Just the other day we were chatting in irc about how quickly cnservers autonulls teamspeak..because of the udp shit.

It's not at all fair to Damian for you to run around parading STAY AWAY FROM IPXCORE..because teamspeak is a giant pile of dog shit.

Since teamspeak uses UDP only, it's nearly impossible to filter a good spoofed udp attack targeting it.
    So in most cases, our firewall would automatically drop all UDP towards the victim IP during a UDP attack unless effective custom rules have been placed.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

As i can see @Cltcam is angry on @Damian because of lacks of explanation ?

Cltcam said: Little to no information was provided. Just "Suspended for DDOS". Created a ticket, and he didn't work with me to get the VPS reactivated.

What kind of explanation do you wish better than you are ddosed ?

You are angry because your server was hit by ddos. Every provider have rights to protect his infrastructure.

Now you are looking for "sacrifice goat" by spitting on @Damian name.

This will not help you in any way.

• Thanks for the support everyone! It's good to hear good things from the community.

Anyone know where the OP went? @Cltcam, where you at? I wanna know if things were working great up until your suspension, or not.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited December 2013

@Damian said:
    Thanks for the support everyone! It's good to hear good things from the community.

Anyone know where the OP went? Cltcam, where you at? I wanna know if things were working great up until your suspension, or not.

Sorry man, but I’m not on LET all day. Honestly, I wouldn’t come back to IPXCORE. Too much down time for my liking. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17411/ipxcore-vps-down-new-host#latest

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited December 2013

In the absence of any stats from ipxcore about the alleged DDOS the only thing I see here are providers appearing to gang up on a customer. Quite simply ipxcore hasn't shown information from a monitoring system as proof of a DDOS. I am not familiar with the nature of DDOSs or how evidence of them is recorded.

Put simply if ipxcore had to go before a judge with evidence of DDOS what would he be required to show as proof beside his word? I don't know what it costs to have some monitoring systems in place (even for $1.25pm VPSs), but shouldn't claims be backed by proof?

• ^^^^
    Exactly. I know that the company has the right to suspend clients basically whenever they want, but doing so will make them look bad.