Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay Away From IPXCORE.com ?

Comments

• @Cltcam said:
    @ Damian

I highly doubt that. They would probably work with me to get my service back online. I bet that they would allow me to keep the VPS, as long as I didn't host a teamspeak server. Or maybe give me another chance to host a teamspeak server, but permanently suspend it if there was another situation.

I don't recall saying that we weren't going work with you, until this thread anyway. My responses are intentionally terse and to the point; we deal with a LOT of individuals who don't speak English natively, or even very well at all, so we dispense with the cheekiness so nothing gets lost in translation. I will admit that our service is not for you if you're looking for a genial, comforting, country doctor attitude.

Thanked by 1CheeseGamer
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Cltcam said: I highly doubt that. They would probably work with me to get my service back online. I bet that they would allow me to keep the VPS, as long as I didn't host a teamspeak server. Or maybe give me another chance to host a teamspeak server, but permanently suspend it if there was another situation.

IPXCore would have been more than happy to work with you, however you opened this tread, ruining any chances of them wanting your business.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@marcm said:
    Cltcam - Forum blackmail doesn't work, because we know each other in the community. Damian participates and contributes on a regular basis, and has been doing so for a very long time and he is a super cool guy. You seriously need to reconsider your choice of words because none of us here inclined to host you or the likes of you.

Damian is one of the most kind and polite people on this forum. Definitely not a good place to come and try to make accusations against him ;)

• I opened this thread after receiving comments that I thought were somewhat rood in the ticket I created. I just think someone who pays for your services should be treated with the utmost respect. I didn't really feel like that when I created the ticket.

• @Cltcam said:
    I opened this thread after receiving comments that I thought were somewhat rood in the ticket I created. I just think someone who pays for your services should be treated with the utmost respect. I didn't really feel like that when I created the ticket.

My apologies for that.

My man, tell me: did you happen to notice anything going on with your Teamspeak server, such as stuttering or lag, up to the point where it cut out completely?

• Citcam said "It's quite possible that the TOS for IPXCore.com states that your service can be immidiately temrinated for any type of DDOS"

"It's quite possible"? Let me guess, you didn't even bother to read their TOS because the provider is an inconsiderate asshole and didn't provide a 2 sentence TL;DR version of their TOS for you and he expected you to read something with paragraphs, and OMFG who reads paragraphs nowadays?

Suspension Reason: Your VPS is under an incoming DDOS attack.

Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.

seems like a very clear explanation to me.

• Cltcam said: I opened this thread after receiving comments that I thought were somewhat rood in the ticket I created. I just think someone who pays for your services should be treated with the utmost respect. I didn't really feel like that when I created the ticket.

Imagine that you're not the only customer, that the staff is focused on providing actual service to everyone and that others are waiting in line for their problem to be solved, so when you misbehave don't expect a kiss, and then a reach-around.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

From what I know IPXcore does not have DDoS protection.
    The reaction of a DDoS protected host will be completely different from one which does not offer it.
    If you received and expect DDoS you go with a DDoS protected host end of story.
    Now, I am sure nobody will do that for 1.25 a month, not RamNode, not serverdragon and not BuyVM, but it is not like you dont have a choice out there, there is affordable DDoS protection all over the continent.
    Bitching here about how you were attacked and suspended for 1.25 a month is not gonna win you any points if anything, will show ipxcore is on the ball and protects the innocent customers so people will choose them even more.

That being said, teamspeak and games are not the biggest pps sources in our network, the tv sharing cards are, some go to 40 k for one VPS only...

edited December 2013

Cltcam said: should be treated with the utmost respect

Respect....I think our translations of this are a bit different. Respect isn't going on a forum and bad mouthing a reputable host like IPXCore for your abuse on the server. Respect is taking the time to write a letter/ticket of concern to your host and letting them know that you did not appreciate how they handled the situation. Some of the most respectful gestures are done in private instead of on a forum over something that was at no fault of IPXCore however your minimal understanding of the Internet. I know I am much more likely to take into consideration a suggestion if it is addressed to me personally rather than publicly displayed on the internet that you specifically didn't like how I dealt with you as a customer. Just being honest.

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • It wouldn't have been hard for him to say that we could find a way to keep the VPS activated. Instead, he made it seem like the VPS was suspended permanently.

Whatever though. Guess my opinion of good support is different than others.

• Cltcam said: Whatever though. Guess my opinion of good support is different than others.

a) Was DDoS mitigation sold or otherwise promised to you? [and] b) Did you read the TOS?

@Cltcam said:
    Whatever though. Guess my opinion of good support is different than others.

You might get better results if you contact support like this.

Thanked by 1CheeseGamer

@ryanarp said:
    You might get better results if you contact support like this.

Careful, you're about to get added to a new user group :P

• @jarland what happened to your avatar?

• May I have your permission to post a screenshot of ticket series #WTP-108? I'll blur out your name.

@jarland said:
    Careful, you're about to get added to a new user group :P

I don't know what your talking about ... To bad this thread isn't on this forum, maybe it would cut a lot of this crap out.

@marcm said:
    jarland what happened to your avatar?

Changed my e-mail address and it reset it, I just keep forgetting to put it back.

• @Damian said:
    May I have your permission to post a screenshot of ticket series #WTP-108? I'll blur out your name.

Sure

edited December 2013

ryanarp said: To bad this thread isn't on this forum

This reminds me a short take from imagine clip (this isn't here).

• Your response that you 'really doubt there would be any kind of DDOS on it what-so-ever' was rather troubling, so I asked for you to clarify. Mutual understanding on both parties is paramount to any situation.

Your response of "I'll repeat what I said earlier" is useless on helping me to understand your viewpoint, and rather antagonistic, because as you can see, I already have what you've said earlier in my interface.

Yes, when we get denial that the server is attacked/attacking/hacked/spamming then it means trouble.
    Either the customer has no clue or did it in purpose.

• @Cltcam your own time must not be worth much or you don't value it if you're wasting it posting here. You couldn't get anything decent to put in your mouth for $1.25, so you're expecting abuse-proof hosting (that you can abuse), and DDoS mitigation at the same time? Hell, you can't even get a hotdog anymore for $1.25.

marcm said: Hell, you can't even get a hotdog anymore for $1.25

I can get 4.

• @Maounique I know you can, but here you can't anymore. But you can get 2 liters of Pepsi (when it's on sale) :P

• marcm said: But you can get 2 liters of Pepsi (when it's on sale) :P

I like that Pepsi Throwback stuff. I almost bought a bottle of it today, but then remembered that excessive sugars makes me rage angry, so I skipped it.

Food here is very cheap and good quality (tasty). I do not mean the hotdog but the vegetables and meat/cheese.
    Traditional processing is still alive and the prices are not much higher than the industrialized imported stuff so we have a good choice of all the spectrum.
    Local tasty/healty food at some 10-20% higher prices, imported industrialized food at somewhat cheaper prices, locally produced and industrialized at even lower prices, but losing a lot of the vertues of the traditional ones.
    In the past (after communism fell) people flocked to buy industrial imported products like in the west because they were lacking here and even basics were lacking.
    After 2000 they realized much of the taste was gone and it was really unhealthy, so the local traditional producers are coming back with a bang, people go and choose their own lamb on easter and pig in christmas and it is all produced on the spot often under their eyes. It is a good 1 day vacation and they come back with enough meat to last the whole winter and beyond at prices impossible to meet even by the industrialized local producers.

Thanked by 1marcm
  • @Maounique the good stuff always costs a little bit more.

Damian said: I like that Pepsi Throwback stuff. I almost bought a bottle of it today, but then remembered that excessive sugars makes me rage angry, so I skipped it.

I like that as well, and when I can't find it I get Coca Cola imported from Mexico in good old glass bottles. The only thing about that is that it's not as carbonated as I'd like it to be.

• Dang...! The title of this thread should be change to a more tempting one i.e.

"Stay away from TeamSpeak if you can't handle the DDOS aftereffect" :P

• vRozenSch00n said: Dang...! The title of this thread should be change to a more tempting one i.e.

"Stay away from TeamSpeak if you can't handle the DDOS aftereffect" :P

I second that, would be awesome if one of the mods or admins could change it :-) Lets vote on this maybe?

edited December 2013

@marcm said:
    I second that, would be awesome if one of the mods or admins could change it :-) Lets vote on this maybe?

+1

I can't think of a provider that wouldn't have suspended TS running at high PPS that wasn't routed through DDOS protection.