Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a $3 KVM/Xen with 256-512MB RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a $3 KVM/Xen with 256-512MB RAM

Hi, I wanted to get into Unix as I've never tried it, and so I wanted to get a KVM/Xen VPS which had about 256-512MB RAM (most other specs don't matter too much), and allows uploading ISOs or has FreeBSD. Thanks!

Comments

• @TanmayN - head on over to http://www.kvmshell.com - get yourself a 512MB SSD Cached box :-)

• Hi,
    Сan offer us.

• @mpkossen He's back, again.

• We can do this, and with our current special running, we can give you 2GB RAM for $4, or 1.5GB RAM for $3.

• How about 8GB RAM, 12 Cores and 400GB SSD for a nickel? :P

• @marcm said:
    How about 8GB RAM, 12 Cores and 400GB SSD for a nickel? :P

Sounds epic. How do I sign up? ;)

• marcm said: How about 8GB RAM, 12 Cores and 400GB SSD for a nickel? :P

Gr8 now It looks like Some VPS unlimited plan may come soon with IPv6 boom :p ;)

• @TanmayN said:
    Hi, I wanted to get into Unix as I've never tried it, and so I wanted to get a KVM/Xen VPS which had about 256-512MB RAM (most other specs don't matter too much), and allows uploading ISOs or has FreeBSD. Thanks!

Take a look at Iwstack. It's a real cloud based on cloud stack. Iwstack could be a bit expensive but you'll be indeed happy with it.

• @marcm said:
    How about 8GB RAM, 12 Cores and 400GB SSD for a nickel? :P

I want to buy that! :o

• @dhamaniasad said:
    We can do this, and with our current special running, we can give you 2GB RAM for $4, or 1.5GB RAM for $3.

Sure! Where do I sign up?

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

@TanmayN said:
    Sure! Where do I sign up?

Here's the order link.

Or, if you want to get the 2GB VPS($4), this is the order link.

• Thank you all, I bought the one that @dhamaniasad said, and I'm waiting for it to be activated. Thanks! :)

• where is data center / where is test ip / can i load windows xp and or windows 7

i want the 2GB plan..

• skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited December 2013

@painfreepc said:
    where is data center / where is test ip / can i load windows xp and or windows 7

i want the 2GB plan..

Atlanta and the test Ip he gave me: 162.248.208.130. Also, Windows Server is in Solus to install, not sure about XP or Win7.

Thanked by 1painfreepc
  • you can install 2008 web server in solusvm

and request mounting others iso

@skybucks100 said:
    Atlanta and the test Ip he gave me: 162.248.208.130. Also, Windows Server is in Solus to install, not sure about XP or Win7.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Or, if you want to get the 2GB VPS($4), this is the order link.

@dhamaniasad Is this available in yearly billing as well ?

edited December 2013

@AlanB said:

We can do yearly billing if you'd like, for $40 per year.

• I am applying for 2GB KVM. How much time would it take to get activated?

edited December 2013

@geoct said:
    I am applying for 2GB KVM. How much time would it take to get activated?

It should be provisioned immediately now. Limited stock though.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    It should be provisioned immediately now. Limited stock though.

But friend you have to provide me alternate payment method as transaction between Indian citizens is not allowed by paypal. Please help as I have unpaid invoice due to this even after signing up.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited December 2013

Are you saying India(originating) > India(recipient) paypal transactions are not allowed? I know thats def not true for India > Elsewhere.

Seems kinda silly.

If you want to get used to using a environment as your post described perhaps just get one of the smaller machines being offered around here. I dont really see a need for 2GB ram if your just toying around.

• Yeah, while I was in India to visit family, I was able to use PayPal all the time. It might be because I have a US bank or something but it's not like country blocked there, and even if it was, VPN or a proxy

• TanmayN said: Yeah, while I was in India to visit family, I was able to use PayPal all the time. It might be because I have a US bank or something but it's not like country blocked there, and even if it was, VPN or a proxy

If you have an Indian CC, you can't send payments to someone else who has an Indian bank account. I know it sounds ridiculous.

• geoctgeoct Member
    edited December 2013

Yeah but it is true. Paypal won't allow Indian to Indian accounts payments. Indian to any other Nationality is perfectly permissible.

• @NodeKid said:
    Anyone got any benches for Gadgedz?

Yes: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/12/02/1XhjzGztHzQUpt9P

• @NodeKid said:
    trexos thanks, I looked there but my fu must've been way off!

Yeah IO isn't good. Just ok

• @trexos said:

We've been investigating this issue throughout the day and are close to resolving it.

As both a precaution and an upgrade, we are shipping out super-fast hard drives and possibly SSDs very soon.

@NodeKid Feel free to submit an enquiry if you have any issues or questions :)

• @trexos said:

How about iops? Is it low?

• @CastleServers said:
    NodeKid Feel free to submit an enquiry if you have any issues or questions :)

You work for gadgez too?

@budi1413
    Just check the benchmark :)

• @trexos said:

Sure do :)

I'm our LET support and advertising guy. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.