Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN lifetime 12$ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN lifetime 12$

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ananchoreta said:
    Two E-mails per week how to become a famous writer for the New York Times.

Speed is Ok. I use the VPN primary on some Tablets and one Mac, of course not with their proprietary software
    For the price, it does the job. They even respond on Tickets. Only FastestVPN is not for unblocking any streaming site, not even BBC.

Of my handful lifetime VPNs only Raw4VPN died after 2.5 years usage - bought for about 8$.

Try switching Protocol to UDP, then select US/UK "Streaming" servers.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@Ympker said: Try switching Protocol to UDP,

Ideally you should never use a VPN over TCP as it adds a lot of overhead. Only use TCP if you need it, for example if you're on a network that blocks outbound UDP, or you need to disguise the traffic.

Thanked by 2Ympker the_doctor
  • szymonpszymonp Member

@Ympker said:

@Ananchoreta said:
    Two E-mails per week how to become a famous writer for the New York Times.

Speed is Ok. I use the VPN primary on some Tablets and one Mac, of course not with their proprietary software
    For the price, it does the job. They even respond on Tickets. Only FastestVPN is not for unblocking any streaming site, not even BBC.

Of my handful lifetime VPNs only Raw4VPN died after 2.5 years usage - bought for about 8$.

Try switching Protocol to UDP, then select US/UK "Streaming" servers.

I swear people keep complaing about it not working like they couldn't just ask support (that's how I learned of the streaming servers) but instead ask the same question 5 times on forums

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Daniel15 said:

Ideally you should never use a VPN over TCP as it adds a lot of overhead. Only use TCP if you need it, for example if you're on a network that blocks outbound UDP, or you need to disguise the traffic.

By UDP he means OVPN UDP protocol in the app which is just labeled "UDP", default is ikev2 I think

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

By UDP he means OVPN UDP protocol in the app which is just labeled "UDP", default is ikev2 I think

Ahh I see. IKEv2 uses IPsec which is a completely different transport layer protocol (not IP, and therefore not TCP or UDP).

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2022

@Daniel15 said:

They also have Ikev2 (which I mostly use because it is sufficient for my use case) and some VPNs also have Wireguard, so definitely TCP is not the primary pick for me either.

In this case, though, the streaming servers only show when UDP is selected iirc.

There's actually quite a lot streaming servers in the "basic" FastestVPN plan if you select UDP and search for them:

rC3lqP.jpg

Thanked by 2Logano the_doctor
  • Nice offer, I skipped the previous $16 one, but guess I'll be taking this for a backup VPN. Does dailysteals add a tax for you too? A bit weird, they have free shipping but add an extra tax for a digital item and it's different depending on the state you choose as they don't have any other country to select from besides US.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@kalimov622 said:
    Nice offer, I skipped the previous $16 one, but guess I'll be taking this for a backup VPN. Does dailysteals add a tax for you too? A bit weird, they have free shipping but add an extra tax for a digital item and it's different depending on the state you choose as they don't have any other country to select from besides US.

Idk I just choose alaska or oregon for us-only digital items

• @szymonp said:

@kalimov622 said:
    Nice offer, I skipped the previous $16 one, but guess I'll be taking this for a backup VPN. Does dailysteals add a tax for you too? A bit weird, they have free shipping but add an extra tax for a digital item and it's different depending on the state you choose as they don't have any other country to select from besides US.

And do you get an extra tax too on top of the product price or it is $11.99 at checkout?

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Ympker said:

@Daniel15 said:

They also have Ikev2 (which I mostly use because it is sufficient for my use case) and some VPNs also have Wireguard, so definitely TCP is not the primary pick for me either.

In this case, though, the streaming servers only show when UDP is selected iirc.

There's actually quite a lot streaming servers in the "basic" FastestVPN plan if you select UDP and search for them:

rC3lqP.jpg

Wait they just added canada, italy and japan... Cool!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • szymonpszymonp Member

@kalimov622 said:

@szymonp said:

@kalimov622 said:

And do you get an extra tax too on top of the product price or it is $11.99 at checkout?

From order confirmation email:
    "Discount: -0.00
    Tax: 0.00
    Shipping: 0.00
    Total: 11.99"

• Picked Alaska and a proper zip code for it and worked without the tax, thanks. Will be using it as a backup.

Thanked by 2Ympker the_doctor
  • LoganoLogano Member

So I got the code and redeemed it, and my account doesn't look any more gimped than the 5-login one from a while ago. Totally fine by me.

• ChuckChuck Member

@Logano said:
    So I got the code and redeemed it, and my account doesn't look any more gimped than the 5-login one from a while ago. Totally fine by me.

They give you 20 simultaneous connections this time?

Thanked by 1Logano
  • LoganoLogano Member
    edited May 2022

@Chuck said:

Yeah, my account says 20 multi logins, I can buy 10 more for $1 each, and there is an Upgrade button that doesn't have any options to select from.

Thanked by 2Ympker Chuck
  • phusiphusi Member

@Chuck said:
    monthly FastestVPN spam.

Beware this deal doesn't include pro version; it was bait to get more customers first and then ask money for pro version.
    It's $2/month.
    Lifetime subscribers get basic plan.

https://imgur.com/a/5CJ8y1p

Is it right? The description is likely the pro version

Unblock USA Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and Disney +
    550+ servers in 52+ countries

• szymonpszymonp Member

@phusi said:

@Chuck said:
    monthly FastestVPN spam.

Beware this deal doesn't include pro version; it was bait to get more customers first and then ask money for pro version.
    It's $2/month.
    Lifetime subscribers get basic plan.

https://imgur.com/a/5CJ8y1p

It is pro version, all streaming sites work for me on the "streaming" servers

Thanked by 1phusi
  • davidavi Member

Error with Paypal payment

Something's gone wrong
    PayPal payment options are invalid.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@davi said:

Something's gone wrong

Idk I used google pay

• @davi said:

Something's gone wrong

yup, same here
    i thought i'm the only one

• szymonpszymonp Member

@biangkerok said:

@davi said:

Something's gone wrong

yup, same here
    i thought i'm the only one

I think it's us only paypal, just use google pay

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • ChuckChuck Member

@Logano said:

@Chuck said:

Yeah, my account says 20 multi logins, I can buy 10 more for $1 each, and there is an Upgrade button that doesn't have any options to select from.

Can you confirm if it's a pro version?

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Chuck said:

@Logano said:

@Chuck said:

I can access all pro features, so yes

• ChuckChuck Member

@szymonp said:

@Chuck said:

@Logano said:

@Chuck said:

I can access all pro features, so yes

it doesn't say Pro anywhere on the plan?

• @phusi said:

The Streaming Servers are available for me too. And I do not have the pro Version.
    But I can not find a comparison on their site between both versions.

There was a time, were some servers where not available for the non pro, but that was in my experience only on paper, as connecting to them with an unbranded client worked fine.

Oh and it is 2$ per extra Slot for me. Old 5 Slots-Account.

Thanked by 1phusi
  • szymonpszymonp Member

@Ananchoreta said:

@phusi said:

The Streaming Servers are available for me too. And I do not have the pro Version.
    But I can not find a comparison on their site between both versions.

There was a time, were some servers where not available for the non pro, but that was in my experience only on paper, as connecting to them with an unbranded client worked fine.

Oh and it is 2$ per extra Slot for me. Old 5 Slots-Account.

For me it works on official client

• For me they too. :)

About a good year ago, as I had last checked, they had more servers listed on their site, then in the app. To these, I think that were the Pro ones, I could connect too, when using a nonbranded client.

Well: If you get the monthly e-mail advertising the pro plan, you know, you are not pro.
    ;)

(And I do not need 20 more VPN slots and should not buy more, but still the price is tempting)

• @Nekki said:

I get zero spam emails to the email I used for FastestVPN.

Had not found spam from fastestvpn mentioned anywhere else. And it is a bit strange, that it is only spam from two companies (with the same owner) sending me mails.

But it is not only the same address used only with fastestvpn, even the capital letters in it are the same. Plus they use the same made-up first name to convince me to sell me their service.

I do not think it was intentional, but somewhere in their area of responsibility my E-mail got leaked.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Ananchoreta said:

@Nekki said:

Had not found spam from fastestvpn mentioned anywhere else. And it is a bit strange, that it is only spam from two companies (with the same owner) sending me mails.

But it is not only the same address used only with fastestvpn, even the capital letters in it are the same. Plus they use the same made-up first name to convince me to sell me their service.

I do not think it was intentional, but somewhere in their area of responsibility my E-mail got leaked.

Did you but it directly? Dailysteals signed me up for their spam but at least they have an unsubscribe button that works, maybe the site you bought a code from sold you data?

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@Ananchoreta said:

@Nekki said:

Could be what you said, could be that they used to sell emails but no longer do, could be that they sell emails every quarter and others just haven't had theirs sold yet. Or maybe they were hacked or something, but that's almost the least desirable outcome.