Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do IPv4 Address go for nowadays? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do IPv4 Address go for nowadays?

2»

Comments

• $1.50 per IP is fair. But they can go as high as $3 per IP depending on the company.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@AlienVPS said:
    $1.50 per IP is fair. But they can go as high as $3 per IP depending on the company.

At that price, I'd happily buy 100-200k.

• As somebody working for a company with a /8 the problem are all the old admins that never learned IPv6 or how to do proper network administration. If this dude and his moron troup retires we will get rid of that 17 million IPs because for what we do a single /24 would be more than enough, looking at what our company does with the IPs we would't even need our own AS.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

last time i looked it was 10-15k per /24

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@AlienVPS said:
    $1.50 per IP is fair. But they can go as high as $3 per IP depending on the company.

That's less than what I charge for monthly rental.

I literally charge ~$18-$75/yr per IP for rental. $75 for single IP leases paying monthly. Most people pay closer to $24/yr. Ok sure, I don't rent out ALL IPs, but it's not hard to lease a /24 for $384/month = $4,608/yr.

Given that, even $60/IP ($15.3K) doesn't sound too expensive. Rental ROI is 3-4yrs, and chances are the IPs will continue to appreciate in value...

Eventually, we will all switch to IPv6, so it's a guessing game just how long IPv4 can command such prices. But chances are, at least another decade.