Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Clients from Hell - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Clients from Hell

2»

Comments

• BK_ said: Nope. And there were a few issue-less transactions between me and him prior to this.

PayPal doesn't look at past transactions, however sometimes you stumble on the wrong person in customer service, and while you need to be polite, you need to call back again and again, and try to make your case. Your explanation has to be dead simple to understand and make sense for them the first time they hear it (e.g. customer expected additional services free of charge, that were not promised or otherwise sold to customer).

• marcm said: however sometimes you stumble on the wrong person in customer service, and while you need to be polite, you need to call back again and again, and try to make your case

Couldn't agree more. It wasn't worth my time though, so I let it go.

I'm a CSR-supervisor for a very well known, large company down in 'merica and I see all sides, good and bad, when it comes to customer service. Every representative is different, and from my perspective when you need assistance you've got a 40-60 chance of getting someone who genuinely knows their job in a large corporation. It's likely I didn't.

Maounique said: Paypal throws their hands in the air and refunds if the chargeback is from CC.

Unfortunately they're pretty much at the mercy of the CC company :/ For a buyer it's great, but for sellers/vendors it sucks.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited December 2013

The key is to not stress over them (it took me a while to figure that out ;) ). @servian when you come visit us in Texas we can go to the range and let off some "bad client" steam, repeat this each time you have a bad client and you will be able to get back to work quickly and effectively. In Texas it is perfectly acceptable to shoot off a few rounds on your lunch break, good for your blood pressure, yeeehawwww.

• Incero said: In Texas it is perfectly acceptable to shoot off a few rounds on your lunch break, good for your blood pressure, yeeehawwww.

Sounds like fun ;-)

• CC Disputes are not fun at all.

• Incero said: In Texas it is perfectly acceptable to shoot off a few rounds on your lunch break, good for your blood pressure, yeeehawwww.

Hey man, just so long as you exclude New york, illinois, washington dc, and california, thats describing the whole US.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

But, if you're from Texas, it's beautiful :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Paypal disputes dont bother me now, I dont even respond I just pick up the phone speak to someone and they close it in less than a minute, probably helps that I always get through to the people that are only 5 miles away from me too :) you just say service over and over again and your done.

What really annoys me about them is the fact that some people genuinely think they have a right to take back their money after using and abusing your service and jump on any adverts you have and anonymously post crap about you and call you a thief etc.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: What really annoys me

Bah, at times I get angry too, but this means we are doing something wrong.
    We are here to have nerves of steel as it is said in romania, don't pay attention, the dogs are barking, the caravan passes by.

• Maounique said: the dogs are barking, the caravan passes by.

"Anjing menggonggong, kafilah berlalu" in Indonesian terms.

• AnthonySmith said: Paypal disputes dont bother me now, I dont even respond I just pick up the phone speak to someone and they close it in less than a minute, probably helps that I always get through to the people that are only 5 miles away from me too :) you just say service over and over again and your done.

Yeh i have done this in the past, But its when the client opens a charge back that causes problems, this also depends on your wording. I had a client open one against me, (( he had been with me for 13 months with perfect service and demand the full refund) yet paypal gave me an option to appeal against the bank (paypal disputes with bank). took 3 months but i won and he probably lost his account.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I had a guy take 2 dedi's for a month, sent more spam that I thought possible then filed a charge back, this is after providing proof of ID and billing address.....

I tried to be professional and communicate with him and all I got back were responses like:

"LOL u mad bro?" and "F**K you what you going do I am not even in the same country as you FAG!"

However he started to plead with me to drop it when a debt collecter arrived on his door step, quite handy that he happened to live less than a mile from a no collect no fee debt collector as it turned out, by the time charge back fee's loss of revenue, admin fee's etc had been added on to the debt it was almost 5 x the price of the 2 servers.

Anyway he re-reversed the charge backs or something like that as paypal announced they got the funds back, I informed the debt collector who did not really seem to care as some significant debt was still valid in their eyes so I left them to it on 100% claim what ever they can/want and added the buyers email address to my spam filter.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • you still should be collecting for "Administrative costs"