Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$30-40 dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$30-40 dedicated server

I would like to find a dedicated server with at least 2 TB HDD , budget max $40 per month in the US, I need additional IP, OVH meets my needs, but their verification process is slow for almost three weeks, still nothing.
Any offers?
Thanks

Thanked by 1Ruripapi

Comments

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

oneprovider.com

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Is there any location preference and Have you checkout Hetzner

• https://www.nocix.net/dedicated/
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Nocix and their partner brands should do. Take note that their "instant" servers may require manual verification for first order.

Thanked by 2can jason5545
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

You may also try @dacentec

• @ManishPant said:

Prefer US, hetzner are only in Europe? I checked their site, no US option,am I missing something?

• Hetzner Cloud is only in the USA.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@jason5545 said:

@ManishPant said:

Prefer US, hetzner are only in Europe? I checked their site, no US option,am I missing something?

Sorry Checkout psychz

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2022

@NoComment said:
    https://www.nocix.net/dedicated/

Nocix and their partner brands should do. Take note that their "instant" servers may require manual verification for first order.

What's your experience with nocix? most reviews about them are not so good, so I held back, but still under consideration though.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • @CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

Not a bad choice, but they have a relatively strict verification policy compared with OVH. I think OP might not want that given OVH won't touch him.

• @dahartigan said:

@CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

Not a bad choice, but they have a relatively strict verification policy compared with OVH. I think OP might not want that given OVH won't touch him.

Oh, thanks for the heads up, I didn't notice that OneProvider needs verification too.

• @jason5545 said:

@dahartigan said:

@CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

Oh, thanks for the heads up, I didn't notice that OneProvider needs verification too.

They want photos of ID and proof of address, etc. Steer clear if you don't like that sort of time wasting.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

Ages back i tried oneprovider i had major headaches but the server worked. for about a week. In all honesty at that price point you will struggle to find something without that works well...

• @jason5545 said:

@NoComment said:

What's your experience with nocix? most reviews about them are not so good, so I held back, but still under consideration though.

If you manage your expectations well, then nocix and friends are fine. For your budget of $30-40 and requirement of additional IPs, I think nocix and friends are your only option in US (at normal pricing). I don't even know how any of these companies are related, but aside from dacentec there's also dedispec.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @dahartigan said:

@jason5545 said:

@dahartigan said:

@CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

They want photos of ID and proof of address, etc. Steer clear if you don't like that sort of time wasting.

I am fine with that actually, but they need to respond that normally, at least not three weeks...

• @CoastHosting said:

@dahartigan said:

@CoastHosting said:
    oneprovider.com

Ages back i tried oneprovider i had major headaches but the server worked. for about a week. In all honesty at that price point you will struggle to find something without that works well...

For my use, I've found Kimsufi to be more than sufficient. Especially the KS-LE which has gigabit down (100 up, but to certain other IPs in the same DC it's 1000) and the price is unbeatable.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

KS-LE is fun. The KS-LE1 is the most heavily used server I have as it’s filling so many different roles. KS-LE2 and 16TB Club are just expensive idlers.

Thanked by 2ralf ServerNotFound
  • OneProvider is not a good choice. Their support is just like Microsoft support. But if you file a PayPal refund, they will solve the problem immediately.

Thanked by 2jason5545 discocat
  • I've decided to give @Dedispec a try, wish me luck.

Thanked by 1Dedispec
  • @jason5545 said:

Nocix is just a reseller of wholesaleinternet (or maybe the other way around I'm not sure). Notice the server inventory is identical. I'm using wholesaleinternet and it's great so far. Their website design is a bit from early 2000 so that may put off some people.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Wholesale Internet have been great for years. The dedis are sometimes a bit old but the support is always excellent and they never let me down when I needed something in the US.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@jason5545 said:

@NoComment said:

Very old hardware...

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@jason5545 said:
    I've decided to give @Dedispec a try, wish me luck.

Yes, you need it.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@jason5545 said:
    I've decided to give @Dedispec a try, wish me luck.

Congrats to @jason5545! Congrats to @Dedispec! Thanks for your support of LowEndTalk! :)

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • I’ll second dacentec

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2022

How powerful does it need to be? Joe's Datacenter might be an option for you: https://joesdatacenter.com/products/bare-metal/

Can you use a VDS (like a VPS but with dedicated CPU) or does it have to be a dedicated server?

@Nekki said: The dedis are sometimes a bit old

For this price range you don't really have a choice... You're pretty much guaranteed to get a server that's at least 7 or 8 years old, that's definitely fully paid off and is using spare rack space that would otherwise go unused (so it's still profitable for the provider). I've got a $199/year dedi from Hostodo (Black Friday flash sale) and had to figure out how to get Java Web Start working to connect to its 2014-era Supermicro IPMI.

• Hmm, speaking of OVH, they finally replied, their states
    "Dear customer

You have placed an order for an OVH product and we thank you for it.

It turns out that due to a malfunction your order could not be processed from start to finish. This malfunction has now been resolved.

The waiting period set by your bank has probably expired. If you still want to continue these order, you must therefore proceed with a new payment on the same order form in your control panel, or, if you prefer, place a new order on our website."

Hmm, due to system malfunction, interesting...
    Problems seem to be solved.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Daniel15 said:
    How powerful does it need to be? Joe's Datacenter might be an option for you: https://joesdatacenter.com/products/bare-metal/

Can you use a VDS (like a VPS but with dedicated CPU) or does it have to be a dedicated server?

@Nekki said: The dedis are sometimes a bit old

For this price range you don't really have a choice... You're pretty much guaranteed to get a server that's at least 7 or 8 years old, that's definitely fully paid off and is using spare rack space that would otherwise go unused (so it's still profitable for the provider). I've got a $199/year dedi from Hostodo (Black Friday flash sale) and had to figure out how to get Java Web Start working to connect to its 2014-era Supermicro IPMI.

Joe's, what a trip to memory lane, I use their server back in 2015, everything goes well. As for VDS, I'm using proxmox to create a few VMs, I am not sure if VDS can do that.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2022

@jason5545 said: As for VDS, I'm using proxmox to create a few VMs, I am not sure if VDS can do that.

Are they containers (LXC or OpenVZ) or virtual servers? Containers work fine on any KVM, so you can use Proxmox on any KVM VPS as long as you only use LXC. Virtual servers work if the host has enabled nested virtualisation, which allows you to run KVM inside a KVM guest.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles Peppery9
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@jason5545 What happened at Joe's? How come you are not still there? 🙂

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2022

@Not_Oles said:
    @jason5545 What happened at Joe's? How come you are not still there? 🙂

In fact, I just forgot about it, since that was long time ago :smiley:
    I used them for a while back in '15 to almost '16 if I remembered correctly.