Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clients of myw.pt - Are you satisfied with their support ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clients of myw.pt - Are you satisfied with their support ?

2»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2022

@JasonM said:

@angstrom said: Two, you're not paying for support

that's totally wrong statement. Hosting is a service and it comes with the support unless specified as an extra cost, that is, premium or dedicated support. IF a host does not offers ANY support, then it likes Ford selling cars without 4 wheels. Useless.

On the contrary, what I wrote was very accurate, especially when taking into account the context (context is everything), and crucially, part of this context is low-end shared hosting.

In the case of shared hosting, there are issues that may arise that only the provider can fix (network issues, control panel issues, and the like). With such issues, a customer can rightly expect speedy support.

At the same time, there are also issues that may arise that a customer has control over (e.g., how to set up email addresses in DA). With such issues, a customer shouldn't expect speedy support unless they're paying extra for support, precisely because with a little effort and research they should be able to resolve such issues themselves. To put it another way, support by the provider for such issues is usually on a low-priority, best-effort basis.

Back to the OP, who (it turns out) purchased a lifetime account for 10€: in light of his request/issue, it's true that he's not paying for support.

• As I mentioned earlier, I have not complained against his services or reliability.
    What I complained about is a customers basic right of getting a support, if a person is away care for a automated reply so I can be assured that I;ll receive their reply sooner or later ? Staying quiet for 3 days, anyone can get a nervous breakdown !

@vyas11 said:
    In your ticket always ask for "Charlie" to help with your queries.

Great guy. Good attitude too.

Thank you, Ill try that next time. Although I hardly use support and try to figure out on myself.> @JasonM said:

@angstrom said: Two, you're not paying for support

that's totally wrong statement. Hosting is a service and it comes with the support unless specified as an extra cost, that is, premium or dedicated support. IF a host does not offers ANY support, then it likes Ford selling cars without 4 wheels. Useless.

I appreciate your support, thats why my concern is.
    Just a simple issue to solve, gets everyone on one side because his prices are low and is popular among hosting companies doesnt mean a small guy like me gets ignored !

Anyway, lesson learnt.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @cybertech said:
    @saqqa123 r u there? getting eerily silent now...

I dont have anything to say, as it seems am the bad one to everyone :)

• @saqqa123 said:

@cybertech said:
    @saqqa123 r u there? getting eerily silent now...

I dont have anything to say, as it seems am the bad one to everyone :)

Unreliable support from hosts is surely to worry about. I completely understand your concern.

Thanked by 2saqqa123 JasonM
  • @MikePT said:

@saqqa123 said:
    Hey there,
    Are these anyone whose using this hosting company myw.pt ?
    They are here in the forums, I have been their client for almost 1 to 2 years now.

Am badly stuck with email delivery issues, and have been trying to reach out the support by opening tickets and writing to them. There is completely 0 response !!

You have a 9.99€/LTD account with us and you're expecting responses during holidays for low urgencies tickets, that definitely account you holdable for being unable to configure email addresses (asking for ports) and configuring SPF etc for your domain.

Right.
    I'll get back to you via ticket shortly, but please, don't try to blame us for no support during holidays.

Dear Mike,
    As much as I appreciate and value your services,
    1) I am in the lowest package of 9.99 is because, if you go through your old emails or tickets, you ll see I had requested to buy new bigger package and had requested your assistance but I did now hear nor get any response.
    That's why I was forced to get help from this forum this time.

Anyway, Thank you for your support and solving the issue.

Admins please close this thread.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited April 2022

@MikePT said: I'll get back to you via ticket shortly, but please, don't try to blame us for no support during holidays.

@MikePT said: It happens, but truly, for weekends / holidays I tend to stay away from the computer and only work if it's something urgent.

You preach here about not answering your paying customer tickets on weekends, but in other thread you are malding because forum moderator didnt PM you for your "by the way" offer in 1 day on the same weekend. :D

• zedzed Member

@MikePT said:

@angstrom said:

@MikePT said:
    TLDR,

Customer is not only missing the proper SPF records as he has the gmail email/domain hosted also in DA but forgot to uncheck this so it was failing to validate GSuite's emails.

https://i.gyazo.com/7e8a1fe94fa3156964db7def60e2ff5a.png

Right.

Why am I (are we) not surprised ... sigh :/

It happens, but truly, for weekends / holidays I tend to stay away from the computer and only work if it's something urgent.

remember:
    nobody expects anything from the LET trolls.
    every post YOU make is an advertisement for your business, especially when snarky.

Thanked by 1saqqa123
  • @saqqa123 said:
    As I mentioned earlier, I have not complained against his services or reliability.
    What I complained about is a customers basic right of getting a support, if a person is away care for a automated reply so I can be assured that I;ll receive their reply sooner or later ? Staying quiet for 3 days, anyone can get a nervous breakdown !

You need a new career if you can't do basic email troubleshooting and some delay for support response leads to nervous breakdown. Otherwise, you're the drama queen for the day.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@drizbo said:

@MikePT said: I'll get back to you via ticket shortly, but please, don't try to blame us for no support during holidays.

@MikePT said: It happens, but truly, for weekends / holidays I tend to stay away from the computer and only work if it's something urgent.

You preach here about not answering your paying customer tickets on weekends, but in other thread you are malding because forum moderator didnt PM you for your "by the way" offer in 1 day on the same weekend. :D

Actually, no, I offered help many times, it's not the first time he asks for help.

Thanked by 1BKKHK

@saqqa123 said:

@MikePT said:

@saqqa123 said:
    Hey there,
    Are these anyone whose using this hosting company myw.pt ?
    They are here in the forums, I have been their client for almost 1 to 2 years now.

Am badly stuck with email delivery issues, and have been trying to reach out the support by opening tickets and writing to them. There is completely 0 response !!

You have a 9.99€/LTD account with us and you're expecting responses during holidays for low urgencies tickets, that definitely account you holdable for being unable to configure email addresses (asking for ports) and configuring SPF etc for your domain.

Right.
    I'll get back to you via ticket shortly, but please, don't try to blame us for no support during holidays.

Dear Mike,
    As much as I appreciate and value your services,
    1) I am in the lowest package of 9.99 is because, if you go through your old emails or tickets, you ll see I had requested to buy new bigger package and had requested your assistance but I did now hear nor get any response.
    That's why I was forced to get help from this forum this time.

Anyway, Thank you for your support and solving the issue.

Admins please close this thread.

No worries, glad to help you, I didn't see your request to buy a bigger package, feel free to open a ticket if you'd like to upgrade to Reseller, etc.

Cheers

• Great hardware, awesome hosting setup and a bit slow support even on high priority tickets (like the one I opened 9 hours ago)

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

Hijacking the thread out of the blue, but still kinda related to the OP's subject; I'm wondering how much do you charge @MikePT for a setup of Postfix/OpenDKIM services along with proper SPF DMARC DKIM records for like ~2-3 small low-profile domains?

Which relevant package is it, per https://www.myw.pt/devops ?

edited May 2022

@mohsengham said:
    Great hardware, awesome hosting setup and a bit slow support even on high priority tickets (like the one I opened 9 hours ago)

Hey!

PM me the ticket mate 👌

@BKKHK said:
    Hijacking the thread out of the blue, but still kinda related to the OP's subject; I'm wondering how much do you charge @MikePT for a setup of Postfix/OpenDKIM services along with proper SPF DMARC DKIM records for like ~2-3 small low-profile domains?

Which relevant package is it, per https://www.myw.pt/devops ?

Open a ticket. I'll need to see the work involved 👌

Thanked by 1BKKHK