Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to ask to be hired as a Dev - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to ask to be hired as a Dev

2»

Comments

• To answer the thread, in your best Oliver Twist voice, say, "Please sir, may I have some more dev work?"

• @HalfEatenPie said: I think it'll be harder to get qualified candidates on this forum without paying for the time for them to get familiar with the Vanilla codebase as well.

Something I want to add here. The original post was was pretty unclear on requirements and what the current state is, how many addons, how big are they how many direct modifications are there etc. That means the first thing that's required here is not development work, but consulting work. A competent developer can do that for you too no problem. But my experience with clients that look for devs without realizing they need consulting and not just dev work, are usually unwilling to pay to the consulting part. That means you either need to cheat on the hours you report, or... just don't bother.

• devpdevp Member

@henrymiller said:

@HalfEatenPie said: I think it'll be harder to get qualified candidates on this forum without paying for the time for them to get familiar with the Vanilla codebase as well.

Something I want to add here. The original post was was pretty unclear on requirements and what the current state is, how many addons, how big are they how many direct modifications are there etc. That means the first thing that's required here is not development work, but consulting work. A competent developer can do that for you too no problem. But my experience with clients that look for devs without realizing they need consulting and not just dev work, are usually unwilling to pay to the consulting part. That means you either need to cheat on the hours you report, or... just don't bother.

Thats a right pitch.

• @henrymiller said:

@HalfEatenPie said: I think it'll be harder to get qualified candidates on this forum without paying for the time for them to get familiar with the Vanilla codebase as well.

Agreed. But that's also an opportunity for a skilled developer to recognize the need for and work with. Because it's an easy request but for the actual developer you're going to need to spend some time to identify the actual scope and a bullet list of what needs to be "changed". Being a one-off project for LE*, I'm sure realistically they can request a decent price for the service though.

Now is it going to be some software developer in the US working for FAANG that charges 400 dollars an hour? No. But you don't need that "level" of skill to accomplish this task.

• MurvMurv Member

I'd put links to my MAL and VNDB profile in my resume if I ever wanted to get hired. Gotta look professional ya know.

Thanked by 1devp