Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ RELIABLEVPS ★ NEW YORK ★ Xeon ★★ $33.00/YR- 4GB.2vCPU.40GB ★★ Instant ★ SSD ★ 20GBps DDoS Defender - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ RELIABLEVPS ★ NEW YORK ★ Xeon ★★ $33.00/YR- 4GB.2vCPU.40GB ★★ Instant ★ SSD ★ 20GBps DDoS Defender

Comments

• miumiu Member

@reliablevps_us said:
    I personally worked as a datacenter engineer for years and built 100s of Ryzen servers.

Mate, u should stop play on "data center / HW expert" bcs evidently u r not (u proven it with your erroneous statements here several times)
    And instead this rather focus on marketing sale only. Good luck with sale

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

This is an endless loop, you will keep mentioning something silly and make fun of others for using ryzen and you get endless bumps. But we all know how this game really works.

@reliablevps_us said: Our Datacenter Team decision was based on:
    E5V2: are perfectly fine and reliable as long as you keep temperatures stable and your average load is not exceeding 80% all the time (I have servers that stay 2-3 years online without a single reboot).

We all know you bought these old, e-waste servers (or parts) for nearly nothing. That's the reason why you are using them, not because of reliability etc etc. The hyperscalers used to change out their servers every 3 years, nowadays they do it every 5 years. Your trusty e5v2s were basically e-waste from hyperscalers that are from 3 cycles ago.

It makes sense, yes, but don't make it seem like your secondhand servers are much more reliable than ryzens because you are using legacy, discontinued cpus.

Thanked by 3miu bulbasaur Dreacus
  • reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

@miu said:

@reliablevps_us said:
    Ryzen disadvantages: Overheating [Unstable in DC environment unless you use a 2u server]

And can u pls explain how can Ryzen overheat more when produce significantly less heat than performance equal Xeons (dual E5 ~ 4x more heat than 3700)? Or when we will compare single CPU E5 vs. Ryzen 3700, still Ryzen will produce ~1/2 of heat what produce single E5, but will give ~2 x more performance.

For/in 1U rack chassis i believe can be using up to ~130W heatsink, 3700 TDP is only 65W. Where u see overheating about what u r still around speaking? Thanks for explanation bcs my brain do not take it what u still claim.

Dual 2697V2 V2: 24 cores- 48 threads.
    3700: 16 threads
    You do the math.
    I only used these kind of coolers for 3700 or 5800 with an additional fan (barley made it).
    Can't handle 5900 or 5950x

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@NoComment said:

We all know you bought these old, e-waste servers (or parts) for nearly nothing. That's the reason why you are using them, not because of reliability etc etc.

Exactly this reason. Cheap purchased old worn iron for a few dollars. I also do this (just from budget price), but do not claims how perfect and reliable these old servers are

• miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

@reliablevps_us said:

Than u should be kinda notified that 5900 cpu score is ~40,000 and 5950 ~ 45,000. U again compare apples with oranges.

Still when u will using "only 3700" then at the same cpu score u will get ~ 1/4 heat and power consumption than with Dual E5, additionally u can use 3700/3900 in 1U rack and save money for paying 2U rack space

• @reliablevps_us said: Dual >2697V2 V2: 24 cores- 48 threads.
    3700: 16 threads
    You do the math.
    I only used these kind of coolers for 3700 or 5800 with an additional fan (barley made it).

Except, according to your favorite cpubench metric, the 5950x as a single cpu has nearly double the score of your dual e5v2s. What I know is OEMs could stuff your favorite e5v2s into 1u chassis with higher TDP.

@miu said:

@reliablevps_us said:

Than u should be kinda notified that 5900 cpu score is ~40,000 and 5950 ~ 45,000. U again compare apples with oranges

Were just going to go in to a loop again.

I enjoyed this conversation @miu and would like continue maybe in a pm.
    The conversation is attracting very unessary mean competitors that are just trying to make our hardware look bad instead of competing in a professional matter.

• zedzed Member

double my ryzen

@zed said:
    double my ryzen

And probably cheaper too.

• MaywilliamsMaywilliams Member
    edited April 2022

Keep it up reliablevps, service is very good for the price.

Thanked by 1reliablevps_us
  • Wait, you said "Cogent is one of our main providers".
    You are using FDCServers. Cogent is your ONLY provider, no?

• any yabs? :)

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Wait, you said "Cogent is one of our main providers".

No we are taking from Cogent directly as our main upstream, we do have some services with fdcservers though in the same datacenter.

• @Maywilliams said: Keep it up reliablevps, service is very good for the price.

Registered yesterday, nice!

Thanked by 1Falzo

@JoeMerit said:

@Maywilliams said: Keep it up reliablevps, service is very good for the price.

Registered yesterday, nice!

We sent all our inactive customers the link to this thread, you will see alot of more new users that are actually old customers of ours.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I do love my Ryzen.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I don't understand what is to discuss here. He is selling E5s, he likes them, finish. Period.
    If someone likes Ryzen, don't buy his E5s.

What's the fuzz ?

• Do you offer full management VDS?

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Wait, you said "Cogent is one of our main providers".

FDC also uses HE, so it's possible they aren't singlehoming Cogent. Still not a fantastic blend though. Hope no one does anything abusive on those Cogent IPs they're leasing, their abuse fees are wild.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It's crazy to attack providers here trying to make a buck. Even if they have old hw. Hell, we're going to purchase second hand hardware too. If you'd like brand new hw, experts, just buy your own. Most providers here are trying to grow. Attacking them for using older hardware is plain stupid.

Signup for AWS. You'll be throttled, you won't be using superb CPUs. Pay millions per month. I've been there and done that, still, these companies I managed the infrastructure weren't running on the best hardware.

You guys should be shameful for attacking a provider with very decent hardware trying to grow here and probably doing a lossleader or close to.

@LiliLabs tell me about it, cogent is very strict with abuse and 20$ each time a customer sends a wrong email or seeds torrents is ridiculous.

@Passant said:
    Do you offer full management VDS?

We do offer VDS but not managed.

• @reliablevps_us said:
    @LiliLabs tell me about it, cogent is very strict with abuse and 20$ each time a customer sends a wrong email or seeds torrents is ridiculous.

Fuck that. Those fines could be deadpool inducing for a small business.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2022

@reliablevps_us said:

@emperor said:

@miu said: This does not make sense... You won!

We all know he owe you 8GB Annual package

If he wants it he got it.
    @miu Please open a sales ticket so you can get your 8GB VPS .

And to confirm again, Ryzen is not officially supporting ECC and PROVIDERS are not using it.

RYZEN PRO is not what I said.

I'm not a provider, but I put 64GB DDR4 ECC RAM with a Ryzen 5800X on an ASRack x470 motherboard with IPMI for ESXi. If I'm the first, that would blow my mind.

Edit: you didn't mention needing to be 1U in your "show me" offer.

• @emperor said:

@reliablevps_us said: And to confirm again, Ryzen is not officially supporting ECC and PROVIDERS are not using it.

They have this also :

Buy it, screenshot it and you've got yourself a free VPS!

• rayyerayye Member

nice deal ! thanks for your offer

Thanked by 1reliablevps_us

@TimboJones unfortunately this topic has been suspended on this thread to avoid any additional off topic arguments.

• would have loved to keep this very intelligent discussion going, but probably good to let paying providers market their wares.

• @reliablevps_us said:

@Passant said:
    Do you offer full management VDS?

We do offer VDS but not managed.

Thank you anyway you are doing a good job.

• Anyone purchased vps, Please post benchmark, thanks