Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ RELIABLEVPS ★ NEW YORK ★ Xeon ★★ $33.00/YR- 4GB.2vCPU.40GB ★★ Instant ★ SSD ★ 20GBps DDoS Defender - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ RELIABLEVPS ★ NEW YORK ★ Xeon ★★ $33.00/YR- 4GB.2vCPU.40GB ★★ Instant ★ SSD ★ 20GBps DDoS Defender

Comments

• miumiu Member

@reliablevps_us said:
    @miu Please open a sales ticket so you can get your 8GB VPS .

Thank you. I appreciate that u r able fulfill given word. Honestly i do not need 1G VPS in NY so i suggested give it / draw to someone other (as above mentioned)

• @miu said:

@emperor said:

@miu said: This does not make sense... You won!

We all know he owe you 8GB Annual package

Thanks, but honestly i do not need it. So i suggest give it to someone other - for example draw from all comments "I SAW RYZEN WITH ECC RAM" <3

I dont mind. I could take that if its free :)
    I SAW RYZEN WITH ECC RAM

• CampaCampa Member

@Campa said:
    Do you accept crypto?

Thanx

• does this count?

Handle 0x1000, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
    Physical Memory Array
            Use: System Memory
            Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC
            Maximum Capacity: 2560 MB
            Error Information Handle: Not Provided
            Number Of Devices: 1

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

@cybertech said:
    does this count?

> Handle 0x1000, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
    > Physical Memory Array
    >         Location: Other
    >         Use: System Memory
    >         Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC
    >         Maximum Capacity: 2560 MB
    >         Error Information Handle: Not Provided
    >         Number Of Devices: 1
    > 

:smile: Sorry I'm not going in to this again.
    This post is for an offer not for AMD vs intel, all I said is that Ryzen is consumer based not Enterprise and ECC is not officially supported on all Ryzen CPUs.

Thank you.

• Arguing with the crowd. Off to a great start..

@dahartigan said:
    Arguing with the crowd. Off to a great start..

Wasn't trying too :smiley: , you guys just love your Ryzens.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

@reliablevps_us said:
    :smile: Sorry I'm not going in to this again.
    This post is for an offer not for AMD vs intel, all I said is that Ryzen is consumer based not Enterprise and ECC is not officially supported on all Ryzen CPUs.

Thank you.

ok. but you made the comparison in an offer thread so... :smile: anyway i had to try when i heard "free"

• miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

@reliablevps_us said:

@dahartigan said:

:smiley: , you guys just love your Ryzens.

Yes, exactly. But this does have own reason why: Awesome (for all previous intel series) unbeatable performance for good (much better than latest intel series) prices. AMD nowadays wins on whole line when we consider all factors (performance/values/prices). Many providers here understood it (or simple understood that most users will rather prefer AMD from above mentioned reasons) and began focus on AMD, but other including you stayed rather celebrate and defend old intels how much they are "enterprises" and maybe never will realize that E5 cannot fight w Ryzens and EPYCS in nothing (excepting only maybe bit lower prices, because are pretty deprecated/old now) Few examples for all: One of the (world) best and most stable VPS providers as Liteserver, Netcup (Epyc) or Fran (Ryzens) migrated on AMD, and i think sure this was good move ahead.

Thanked by 2cybertech bulbasaur
  • @reliablevps_us said:
    With all do respect to all other provider, But AMD RYZEN was not designed to be cramped up in a > 1u servers with a passive cooler or a very limited liquid cooler.
    RYZEN's run hot and were designed for consumers not data centers.
    EPYC is very good alternative if you want AMD.

I'm going to have to (sort of) side with the provider here. Ryzen only "supports" ecc, it's not officially supported and some models don't support it at all (mostly the APUs). It's quite difficult to cool a 5950x in 1u, which is why a lot of hosts will use a 2u chassis or just limit the turbo clocks of the CPU. Asrock Rack makes the only datacenter grade Ryzen motherboards, and the x470 model is absolutely horrible, failure rates are very high. You can ask any provider that runs them, I wouldn't say those boards are enterprise grade at all. Ryzens are consumer chips that are not meant to be in a datacenter environment. That being said, this is LET! Ryzens will often perform 2-3x faster than the old E5 cpus, and their low price compared to Epyc allows for providers to offer fantastic deals on Ryzen VMs. We have providers like @Shakib selling vms on 11900k (which has zero support for ECC, official or not) and people love it because it's cheap and fast (fantastic host btw, no ill will intended). Most of the time, providers that say they don't run Ryzen and instead use "tested enterprise hardware" are just trying to make their 10 year old virtualization nodes look good compared to the latest, fastest hardware.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • miumiu Member

@LiliLabs said:Most of the time, providers that say they don't run Ryzen and instead use "tested enterprise hardware" are just trying to make their 10 year old virtualization nodes look good compared to the latest, fastest hardware.

Additionally: Many of these "tested enterprise hardware" are running whole years and there is already a many times higher assumption of their failure rate. But their godfathers will further hope in their eternal life and glory, and still claim that they are still at all better choice than Ryzens..

• miumiu Member

@reliablevps_us said:
    This post is for an offer not for AMD vs intel,

Look on it from positive angle of view: Thanks for this hassling u r star of the day and your thread several hours of top (more views) :+1:

• Can we install ubuntu 20.04 on it ….?

• How he write reminds me of @Saahib

@cybertech please submit a sales ticket and get your free 1 month trial if you would like.
    @miu don't get me wrong AMD Ryzens are beautiful as long as you have the heat under control. can't complaint about the attention though :blush:
    @LiliLabs Thanks for a looking at this from another prospective, i think the price of the latest E5 CPUs with the DDR4 markup is not worth it if you compare to AMD, that's why we choose to keep using V2s.
    @Maywilliams Yes we support Ubuntu 20.04

Thanked by 2Maywilliams miu

@Dazzle said:
    How he write reminds me of @Saahib

Not sure whos that person is, but this is my first account on LET and LEB.
    I'm quit enjoying having a smart conversation with smart people, that's why I'm writing like this. :smile:

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited April 2022

Model name: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
    capabilities: ecc configuration: errordetection=ecc
    Is my phenom enterprise quality? 😬

@CheepCluck said:
    Model name: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
    capabilities: ecc configuration: errordetection=ecc
    Is my phenom enterprise quality? 😬

Your gonna compare 5 year older 4 core Athlon CPU to dual E5 V2 CPUs! :smiley:
    Here is a simple comparison:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/[Dual-CPU]-Intel-Xeon-E5-2697-v2-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/2009.2vs3485

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I run Ryzen, Epyc, and Xeon, IMHO they all work for me.
    The important thing from my Low End point of view is these are pretty good deals for the price. :sunglasses:

Thanked by 2reliablevps_us miu
  • @reliablevps_us said:

@Maywilliams Yes we support Ubuntu 20.04

Great thanks 🙏

• @reliablevps_us

Do you have Cogent in your upstreams?

Yes Cogent is one of our Main upstream providers.

That's great , thx

• Can I upgrade the configuration in the future?????

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Dazzle said:
    How he write reminds me of @Saahib

Atleast he is getting something out of it (more attention to his offer thread).

@reliablevps_us said:
    Not sure whos that person is, but this is my first account on LET and LEB.
    I'm quit enjoying having a smart conversation with smart people, that's why I'm writing like this. :smile:

I am the person he is talking about, not sure what did I do now :p , but looks like people loves me now :wink:

• miumiu Member

BTW: Hmmm.. Also interesting comparison!! From this we can estimate power consumption, efficiency and overheating tendency (4+ higher for dual xeon with at the same bench score)

Definitely, main and only advantage (and only reason why use and buy them) of these old xeon machines nowadays is that whole complete rack chasis/server is CHEAP (cheap old run out sale iron). But for datacenter who do not measure power consumption for each rack are several times more expansive and painful than newer servers

• miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

@FrankZ said:
    I run Ryzen, Epyc, and Xeon, IMHO they all work for me.
    The important thing from my Low End point of view is these are pretty good deals for the price. :sunglasses:

TRUTH! To be honest and not only hypocrisy, i also use both as dedicated servers (AMD and INTEL). AMD every time when find great offer for it in necessary location, if not and there is a lot cheaper Intel (or older Intel) usable variant, then Intel. Saving some money is a good reason to do so. And at VPSes the same only in lesser extent. I do not say or did not say that it is wrong to use the older intel (i also do), but I claim that it is wrong & obtuse to say that there are technically better variants than Ryzens. Nice day, goodbye.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@Steven944 Yes you can with no data loss, only requires a reboot.
    @Saahib Welcome to the thread :smile:
    @miu both AMD Ryzen and intel E5 V2 have advantages and disadvantages.
    Ryzen disadvantages: Overheating [Unstable in DC environment unless you use a 2u server] - Price of Hardware and Colocation "2U" - CPU Availability - (NO power redundancy [Any Providers using dual PSUs with Ryzens? ) - I'm not gonna say ECC memory anymore :smiley:
    E5 V2 disadvantages: Slower than AMDs - use more power = older hardware.

Our Datacenter Team decision was based on:
    E5V2: are perfectly fine and reliable as long as you keep temperatures stable and your average load is not exceeding 80% all the time (I have servers that stay 2-3 years online without a single reboot). storage on the other hand has to be NEW.
    Having an internal Fiber network helps the delay a little between the V2's and Ryzen's :smiley: and us being confident that not a bunch of servers will go down in the middle of the day because a PDU died (happens a lot) PSU redundancy is IMPORTANT.
    A lot can be said but at the end of the day both technologies are fine in their own way.

• @reliablevps_us said:

@dahartigan said:

Not really. I don't see this as the people loving their Ryzens but more of them trying to prove you're wrong.

@malignify said:

@reliablevps_us said:

@dahartigan said:

Not really. I don't see this as the people loving their Ryzens but more of them trying to prove you're wrong.

It's not really about being right and wrong, most of us have different experiences with servers.
    A NOC engineer or a system administrator or a programmer will not see all the hardware issues like a datacenter engineer does !
    I personally worked as a datacenter engineer for years and built 100s of Ryzen servers.

• miumiu Member

@reliablevps_us said:
    Ryzen disadvantages: Overheating [Unstable in DC environment unless you use a 2u server]

And can u pls explain how can Ryzen overheat more when produce significantly less heat than performance equal Xeons (dual E5 ~ 4x more heat than 3700)? Or when we will compare single CPU E5 vs. Ryzen 3700, still Ryzen will produce ~1/2 of heat what produce single E5, but will give ~2 x more performance.

For/in 1U rack chassis i believe can be using up to ~130W heatsink, 3700 TDP is only 65W. Where u see overheating about what u r still around speaking? Thanks for explanation bcs my brain do not take it what u still claim.