Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read my Editorial on Low End Box (Link Inside)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please read my Editorial on Low End Box (Link Inside)

Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hello!

Shameless plug for my Editorial on Low End Box!

Low End Editorial: Freedom of speech on Low End Talk reveals the truth about our beautiful Low End!

TL;DR: The Low End is wonderful because it has such a low barrier to entry and provides friendship, community, and learning.

But, if you don't go read the Editorial, you will miss out on the wonderful quotations! :)

Best wishes, kindest regards, and hopes that each of you continues to enjoy our beautiful Low End! 💖

-- @Not_Oles

Comments

• You managed to discover a new low in low end.

No congratulations on your first editorial.

• darbdarb Member

Stroking yourself in public is generally not acceptable.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You get paid to write this? I sure did choose the wrong line of work.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2022

They say the dose makes it, everything, helpful or destructive.

Thanks for delivering a proof considered as very hard if not impossible so far: One can overdose a (fake) positive attitude...

Or in other words: never trust always smiling people!

• Welcome to LET. Don't lose your sleep over these drama. :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Server said:
    Welcome to LET. Don't lose your sleep over these drama. :)

Yes! Can't please everyone. Especially on the internet.

@Not_Oles, you, like all other members in our community are entitled to your opinion. I respect it. And LowEndTalk allows for the opinions of all, which is exactly what your article was highlighting.

Thanks for taking the time to write for LowEndBox and being part of our community here at LowEndTalk.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Server said:
    Welcome to LET. Don't lose your sleep over these drama. :)

Hey! Thanks! I sleep pretty well these days. 😴

@jbiloh said: Thanks for taking the time to write for LowEndBox and being part of our community here at LowEndTalk.

Thanks to you too, Jon! :) Happy to be here! 💖

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Shameless plug for my Editorial on Low End Box!

Low End Editorial: Freedom of speech on Low End Talk reveals the truth about our beautiful Low End!

TL;DR: The Low End is wonderful because it has such a low barrier to entry and provides friendship, community, and learning.

But, if you don't go read the Editorial, you will miss out on the wonderful quotations! :)

Best wishes, kindest regards, and hopes that each of you continues to enjoy our beautiful Low End! 💖

-- @Not_Oles

Thank you for the mentions, I have mixed feelings on the subject, but appreciated the intention

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I wish someone called my lower end wonderful.

• Stop. You're under arrest.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

No offense @Not_Oles , but on serious note, you tried but when you write something you have to maintain a flow and have to convey a message. Your EDITORIAL is missing both.

It was clearly hurried but you tried to do your job.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Saahib said:
    No offense @Not_Oles , but on serious note, you tried but when you write something you have to maintain a flow and have to convey a message. Your EDITORIAL is missing both.

Hi @Saahib Want to write something? You can be a guest columnist! Looking forward! Cheers! Tom

• 1) Work on your headlines.

2) If you want your content to get read, you need to create curiosity in a way that isn't literally asking them to read it.

3) Controversy is good, invoking emotion regardless if it's good or bad. It catches attention, and attention is a currency.

4) Focus on appealing to the natural selfish nature of humanity, people don't care about you or Lowendtalk, they're here solely for self-benefit, if you tell a story make sure the audience can see themselves in it.

Thanked by 2BlaZe Liso
  • cazrzcazrz Member

Bummer... you cant please everyone but if you cant make the majority happy then its horrible.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited April 2022

Here are some examples of interesting topics that you can write about:

• Why did cociu leave us. How is calin related to cociu? HostSolutions scam.
    • Why Do Push-ups Matters (post for people in the IT industry to do more sports).
    • Why tinyweasel hates LET and the recent scandals with him in the main role.
    • About jbiloh villas, what the money from the provider tag fee is spent on.
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Not_Oles said:

@Saahib said:

Hi @Saahib Want to write something? You can be a guest columnist! Looking forward! Cheers! Tom

I am not being sarcastic, rather I am trying to help.
    Read @SirFoxy , he explained very nicely what I was trying to say in single line. Besides, I would love to write for LET, only problem is that currently I don't have leverage to do free jobs due to my ongoing situation as I need handle my bad finances.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Saahib said: I am not being sarcastic, rather I am trying to help.

He's not joking, he really wants you to help write an article. If you read back through his posts, whenever someone writes something critical about his LET articles, he asks them if they want to help write an article for LET.

• @Nekki said:

He's not joking, he really wants you to help write an article. If you read back through his posts, whenever someone writes something critical about his LET articles, he asks them if they want to help write an article for LET.

It's actually a good tactic to use when someone criticizes something you've done.

It's a nicer way of saying "shit or get off the can, cunt".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dahartigan said: It's actually a good tactic to use when someone criticizes something you've done.

It might be a good tactic if you do it once. Do it repeatedly, not so much, it creates a not-so-positive impression.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

It's actually a good tactic to use when someone criticizes something you've done.

I don’t think that’s the case. I genuinely believe @Not_Oles asks that question because he wants to see what someone else would come up with, see them maybe get engaged in future articles, and see if the content change attracts a different audience..

• @Saahib said:

I am not being sarcastic, rather I am trying to help.
    Read @SirFoxy , he explained very nicely what I was trying to say in single line. Besides, I would love to write for LET, only problem is that currently I don't have leverage to do free jobs due to my ongoing situation as I need handle my bad finances.

What kind of work are you looking for?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Writing an article for LET would plummet my popularity even further lol

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@dahartigan said:

@Nekki said:

I don’t think that’s the case. I genuinely believe @Not_Oles asks that question because he wants to see what someone else would come up with, see them maybe get engaged in future articles, and see if the content change attracts a different audience..

That's no way to work though. If you want LEB to improve, there needs to be a consistent, considered strategy to the content, not just random shit from the minds of multiple people.

Thanked by 1SP
  • @Nekki said:
    That's no way to work though. If you want LEB to improve, there needs to be a consistent, considered strategy to the content, not just random shit from the minds of multiple people.

Yeah, I agree. I just don’t think his replies are petty or malicious in nature

• SPSP Member
    edited April 2022

That is a not insignificant number of emojis.

Also, not really sure what the intention of the article was. LET certainly doesn't have free speech in the traditional sense, there is tons of stuff you can't (or perhaps shouldn't) discuss here.

• Thanked by 1ehab
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yeah, I agree. I just don’t think his replies are petty or malicious in nature

At first I didn’t, now I’m half-way between well-meaning guy and passive-aggressive nutter.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SP said:
    That is a not insignificant number of emojis.

Also, not really sure what the intention of the article was. LET certainly doesn't have free speech in the traditional sense, there is tons of stuff you can't (or perhaps shouldn't) discuss here.

Emojis are to attract the younger audience. They don’t see words, only pictures, and in that context, the arrow was a multi-layered masterpiece.

Thanked by 1SP
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Hotmarer said:
    Here are some examples of interesting topics that you can write about:

• Why did cociu leave us. How is calin related to cociu? HostSolutions scam.
    • Why Do Push-ups Matters (post for people in the IT industry to do more sports).
    • Why tinyweasel hates LET and the recent scandals with him in the main role.
    • About jbiloh villas, what the money from the provider tag fee is spent on.

We want to write things that are going to evoke interest and engagement for our editorials.

I like your suggestions.

Regrettably I don't have a villa though :(.