Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Easter Egg Hunt 2022

pbxpbx Member
edited April 2022 in General

I just noticed that Netcup announced their next Easter Egg Hunt: https://www.netcup-news.de/2022/04/06/ostern-2022-steht-vor-der-tuer/

It'll start on Sunday, April 17th. at 08:00...

Google translate of the announcement:

Easter 2022 is just around the corner

April 6th, 2022, Category: News

The Easter Bunny just hopped past us. He quickly revealed to us that he will be hiding lots of Easter eggs with great surprises and promotions on our website again this year.

On Sunday, April 17th, the Easter Bunny will be handing out lots of virtual Easter eggs on our website. Anyone who finds one of the hidden Easter eggs can order the special offer it contains from us. As soon as an Easter egg has been found, the Easter Bunny hides the Easter egg somewhere else on our website a little later. In this way you can constantly find new Easter eggs on our website. Please note that for reasons of fairness, the Easter egg hunt is only possible on the desktop version of the website and on larger tablets.

Experience has shown that particularly popular offers are quickly sold out. You should therefore start looking for Easter eggs early in order to discover all the offers in good time. There are many great hiding spots - the Easter eggs can hide on any netcup website!

Attention SPOILER alert! The Easter Bunny has already given us a small preview of the campaigns:

Web hosting from 0.99 euros / month
Domains from 0.14 euros / month
Root server from 9.99 euros / month
VPS greatly reduced
vLANs greatly reduced
IP addresses greatly reduced
Surprise Merchandise

The Easter campaign starts on Easter Sunday, April 17th. at 08:00 o'clock . The promotional products are available while stocks last or until April 24, 2022, 11:59 p.m.

We answer the most frequently asked questions in advance in our FAQ about the Easter campaign , since the high demand can lead to longer waiting times for our support.

Have fun and good luck with the Easter egg hunt!

Your netcup team

Do you guys think there will be some interesting stuff?

I find it weird that they make a price hike to lower demand to then offer stuff at a discounted rate.

Let's see what they offer and how much stock there is; and share links to the interesting pages when the hunt will start!

Comments

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2022

You beat @Falzo in creating the first Netcup Easter Egg Hunt thread this year.
    Congratulations. :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@pbx said: I find it weird that they make a price hike to lower demand to then offer stuff at a discounted rate.

for the real cheap stuff it will be heavily limited I guess. also maybe they combine the ressources in a way (cpu+ram+disk) that it isn't so attractive to e.g. FLUX people.

could also be, that they hope, those guys are not aware anyway of them running such promos and they most likely had planned such event quite some time upfront, including preparing the needed ressources for it.

gonna be interesting in any case to see what they have to offer.

• pbxpbx Member

@Falzo said: they most likely had planned such event quite some time upfront, including preparing the needed ressources for it.

You are probably right, as they do this kind of sale every year, and plans are in limited amount, they know what they'll sell the hardware they'll need upfront.

I also assume that users on this kind of specials are "better" customers than FLUX one (i.e. they use less resources, don't fill the nodes too quickly, some VPSes are kept idle or are barely used...).

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @netcup said:
    Surprise Merchandise

Will it be a cup with their name or a Johann again? Or was this Beer opener Christmas only?

• @pbx said: some VPSes are kept idle or are barely used

lol that's me. Have 2 RSes from Easter, both idling and YABSing occasionally.

• current cheapest rs 9 euros... egg hunt start from 9.99 lol. They need to make 6-7e one. sure they usually bump up stats on these during hunt, but could have one with lower stats, for cheap. like 2vcpu and 4gbram, or current 4vcpu and 8gb ram at discounted price, like 7e instead of 9e. It is so neat to have 2.5 gbit line. had a blast with their rs server from last year egg hunt.

• MS said:
    You beat @Falzo in creating the first Netcup Easter Egg Hunt thread this year.
    Congratulations. :)

It felt weird for me too, lol.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@webcraft said:

@netcup said:
    Surprise Merchandise

Will it be a cup with their name or a Johann again? Or was this Beer opener Christmas only?

no one knows... they had these notebooks too in the last sales if I remember correctly.

but, just for you:

:D

Thanked by 2kalimov622 webcraft
  • kendkend Member

@Falzo said:

@webcraft said:

@netcup said:
    Surprise Merchandise

no one knows... they had these notebooks too in the last sales if I remember correctly.

but, just for you:

:D

I wish they would have mouse pads, or even cell phone cases.

• @Falzo How much do they sell those at? Any regional restrictions?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Cabbage said:
    @Falzo How much do they sell those at? Any regional restrictions?

to be honest I don't remember... I think it was something like 1-2 € or so including postage. and afaik yes, this was available rather international - though I dunno about very exotic locations or postage with those.

• adnsadns Member

Started:) there are interesting domain, webhosting and VPS offers but I didn't find root server that I search.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2022

@adns said: Started:)

Yeah. Not many RS there has been some though. You can track them on the egg tracker if you want, less fun than browsing their website but more efficient: https://camelus.eu/netcup/

Thanked by 1sportingdan
  • adnsadns Member

@pbx said:

Yeah. Not many RS there has been some though. You can track them on the egg tracker if you want, less fun than browsing their website but more efficient: https://camelus.eu/netcup/

Very nice thanks for the link! What language where it written? Python, Nodejs? Avesome site.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • kendkend Member

@pbx said:

No, actually the egg tracker is fun!

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

@adns said: Nodejs

The backend is node. But it doesn't work as well as it used to... not sure yet what they changed.

• FalzoFalzo Member

there is the netcup cup also floating around, but the tracker didn't catch it so far, as it seems. I'd guess you need to update the library of pages it crawls, maybe some urls change or have been added? not sure...

that one is not too shabby:

essentially VPS1000 with two more cores and 80GB more disk...

• FalzoFalzo Member

@alvin you referenced the VPS L somewhere... do you still remember what page you found that egg on? I feel like buyin' one just because LOL

• @Falzo said:
    there is the netcup cup also floating around, but the tracker didn't catch it so far, as it seems. I'd guess you need to update the library of pages it crawls, maybe some urls change or have been added? not sure...

how to catch this?

• ZeniicZeniic Member
    edited April 2022

@cybertech said:

@Falzo said:

how to catch this?

https://www.netcup.de/vserver/ - Right now Gone

• FalzoFalzo Member

@cybertech said:

@Falzo said:

how to catch this?

so the general idea is that you find the right egg on the right page in the right moment.
    afaik works only on desktop browser and german pages...

only if you click on the egg by yourself you'll get a sessionid to actually be able to order, so posting links diesn't help.

it's quite difficult this year, because the more rare eggs like these VPS things seem to appear not so often and for not so long. on top they made it more difficult to even see the eggs, because of the colors...

might be worth to collect a list of pages where the rare eggs like the VPS promos appear.

I read over on another dealz page, that there is also a smaller one at ~5€, though it appears to be nearly the same as the regular offer in that range.

which then leaves the Rootserver S to be found. afair that's the RS 1000 but with doubled disk as well.

Thanked by 2cybertech pbx
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

@Falzo said:

@cybertech said:

@Falzo said:

how to catch this?

so the general idea is that you find the right egg on the right page in the right moment.
    afaik works only on desktop browser and german pages...

only if you click on the egg by yourself you'll get a sessionid to actually be able to order, so posting links diesn't help.

it's quite difficult this year, because the more rare eggs like these VPS things seem to appear not so often and for not so long. on top they made it more difficult to even see the eggs, because of the colors...

might be worth to collect a list of pages where the rare eggs like the VPS promos appear.

I read over on another dealz page, that there is also a smaller one at ~5€, though it appears to be nearly the same as the regular offer in that range.

which then leaves the Rootserver S to be found. afair that's the RS 1000 but with doubled disk as well.

that explains why ive been on the site all day....only on my mobile!

insert flp table.gif

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

@cybertech said: how to catch this?

F5 https://camelus.eu/netcup/ until you see VPS Ostern M reappear :smile:

The only one that they seem to sell in high numbers is their "RS Eggspert" monster, sadly for us LET cheapos.

• pbxpbx Member

@Falzo said: on top they made it more difficult to even see the eggs, because of the colors...

Noticed this as well, eggs are more difficult to see, sometime it's right there in front of our eyes but with a color so similar to the background...

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

okay, finally found it:

egg appeared here: https://www.netcup.de/professional/softwareentwicklung/

to buy or not to buy 😅

• @Falzo said:
    okay, finally found it:

to buy or not to buy 😅

what do you mean? is there an option not to buy more VPS?!

• why I am getting only domain, vLan, and webhosting offers?!!!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@sportingdan said:

@Falzo said:

to buy or not to buy 😅

I put in my cart, but seems it does not stay there for 15 minutes like in past times. because I didn't buy directly but posted here in between it was gone only few minutes later, probably after the eggs cycled again.

so you beat me to it in buying. however... why does it say 12,20 on your order page? different VAT/EU country?

• @Falzo said:

@sportingdan said:

@Falzo said:

to buy or not to buy 😅

I put in my cart, but seems it does not stay there for 15 minutes like in past times. because I didn't buy directly but posted here in between it was gone only few minutes later, probably after the eggs cycled again.

so you beat me to it in buying. however... why does it say 12,20 on your order page? different VAT/EU country?

yes, they adjust the VAT :smile:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@sportingdan said:

look what you made me do:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 17 Apr 2022 12:20:03 PM CEST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 10 @ 1996.248 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 11.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 472.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 21.49 MB/s    (5.3k) | 374.37 MB/s   (5.8k)
    Write      | 21.51 MB/s    (5.3k) | 376.34 MB/s   (5.8k)
    Total      | 43.01 MB/s   (10.7k) | 750.72 MB/s  (11.7k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 1.69 GB/s     (3.3k) | 1.87 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Write      | 1.78 GB/s     (3.4k) | 1.99 GB/s     (1.9k)
    Total      | 3.47 GB/s     (6.7k) | 3.86 GB/s     (3.7k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 792                           
    Multi Core      | 3927                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14372048

to be fair I am bit disappointed on how the ten vcores scale for multi core scores, but let's see how this evolves over the next few days. servers right now probably are kinda busy with deployments and new clients benching the hell out of it and so on...

Thanked by 2sportingdan pbx