Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway Stardust IPv6 €0.37/mo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway Stardust IPv6 €0.37/mo

Comments

• Same as @Advin

• @sanvit said:
    Same as @Advin

Wait... How did you get access to my Scaleway account?

• @default said:

@sanvit said:
    Same as @Advin

Wait... How did you get access to my Scaleway account?

lol I wanted to keep it a secret but you found out :worried:

• I used API, and then they banned my account for no reasons.

• emghemgh Member

@FrankRuan said:
    I used API, and then they banned my account for no reasons.

Contacted them?

• @ralf said:

@Htb2050 said:
    Can any one please post their recent invoices? What are you guys getting charged in July and August now?

I made a few scaleway instances for testing and I thought it was hourly billed so when I deleted the instance then I won't be charged for that but I got invoice which clearly shows that it is very expensive.
    IMG-20220811-092031

How cheap do you want?

3 instances for av 7.67 hours each for €0.03 total
    13 instances for av 10.46 hours each for €0.13 total

That sounds incredibly cheap! Average €0.01 per instance for between 7 and 11 hours on each. Also pretty much what was said on page 1: "0.0025€/h (1,8€/pm)"

The issue isn't the price. I thought that some of the instances were only used for a few hours so I should be only charged for that. According to you its an average. I.e average of 13 instances which even if I used 12 for 1 hour and used the remaining one for longer time, the price would be much higher if I had only used one. I didn't know about averages or that the instances remains in billing even after deleting.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Htb2050 said: The issue isn't the price. I thought that some of the instances were only used for a few hours so I should be only charged for that.

Each instance of a "charge" is rounded up to 1 cent. So as you had 13 instances created and removed, even if each just for a few minutes, they will charge 0.13 EUR as seen on your invoice. Or you could have used each instance for an hour or two, the price would have been the same.

Thanked by 2ralf emgh
  • niranjanniranjan Member
    edited August 2022

Hey,
    Where can I find the Outbound data transfer pricing and how much data is included in the stardust instances?

Edit:
    I just contacted Live Chat and the spokesperson said that outbound data transfer is free, but I still want to confirm if is it really free, I don't want 60$ on my invoice at the end of the month.

• @emgh said:

@FrankRuan said:
    I used API, and then they banned my account for no reasons.

Contacted them?

Yes, I was communicating them for AN ENTIRE YEAR since last summer. And their reply was always "we can't provide further information"
    lol

Thanked by 2emgh Patriarch
  • I tried adding a flexible IPv4 address to my instance, but I still can't access it via IPv4 over the Internet. Is this an inherent limitation of Stardust or did I misconfigure something?

• @cynix said:
    I tried adding a flexible IPv4 address to my instance, but I still can't access it via IPv4 over the Internet. Is this an inherent limitation of Stardust or did I misconfigure something?

I just try it now, and it works fine. did you try to create a new one but with ipv4 from the start ?

• @cynix said:
    I tried adding a flexible IPv4 address to my instance, but I still can't access it via IPv4 over the Internet. Is this an inherent limitation of Stardust or did I misconfigure something?

You have to open ports to access via internet.

• @adilolv said:
    I just try it now, and it works fine. did you try to create a new one but with ipv4 from the start ?

No, I added the IP to an existing instance. I was worried it’d be “out of stock” again if I delete this one 😅

• cynixcynix Member
    edited August 2022

@niranjan said:

The security group is set to default accept for both outbound and inbound. And the same port (ssh) is accessible via IPv6, just not IPv4.

@cynix said: No, I added the IP to an existing instance.

Did the existing instance gain outgoing access to IPv4 Internet after you did this?

• @rm_ said: Did the existing instance gain outgoing access to IPv4 Internet after you did this?

Yes, I was able to access IPv4 services from the instance.

Hard to tell then. Maybe firewall on the instance itself? Or the usual kind of advice, run tcpdump and see if any packets from the incoming connection attempts come through.

• @cynix said:

@niranjan said:

The security group is set to default accept for both outbound and inbound. And the same port (ssh) is accessible via IPv6, just not IPv4.

You also have to configure ufw, if using Ubuntu. Or any other firewall depending on the distro.

• Hello, I would like order Scaleway Stardust, so please:
    1) Bandwidth is really over 100 MBps?
    2) Is possible hourly billing with creating new VM?
    3) Does Scaleway use FW rules settings an administration as have it Oracle or Hetzner?

Thank you
    Regards

• @lordnascloud said:
    Hello, I would like order Scaleway Stardust, so please:
    1) Bandwidth is really over 100 MBps?
    2) Is possible hourly billing with creating new VM?
    3) Does Scaleway use FW rules settings an administration as have it Oracle or Hetzner?

Thank you
    Regards

I'd check but I don't have one currently.

I think nearly all Scaleway services are billed hourly though, including the Stardust offer.

• Scaleway services are billed hourly. The invoice is generated next month (for the previous month) with every resource used hourly (+VAT).

• @default said:
    Scaleway services are billed hourly. The invoice is generated next month (for the previous month) with every resource used hourly (+VAT).

To add to this, there are no Oracle like admin fw settings, you do your own rules on your instance.

• I highly advise anyone to stay away from Scaleway. They are quite reliable, even though support is not that great, but they have a very strong habit of raising the prices from time to time.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited September 2022

@Alic said:

@default said:
    Scaleway services are billed hourly. The invoice is generated next month (for the previous month) with every resource used hourly (+VAT).

To add to this, there are no Oracle like admin fw settings, you do your own rules on your instance.

There are, but by default everything is allowed.
    You can configure Security Groups, which serve as a network-level Firewall in front of your instances that you attach to the group: https://console.scaleway.com/instance/security-groups

@lordnascloud said: 1) Bandwidth is really over 100 MBps?

It spikes above 100Mbps quite often but generally averages 100 over a prolonged period, Nothing above 100 is guaranteed, just a welcome extra.

@lordnascloud said: 2) Is possible hourly billing with creating new VM?

All instances are billed hourly.

@lordnascloud said: 3) Does Scaleway use FW rules settings an administration as have it Oracle or Hetzner?

See the beginning of my message.

• Thank you all for very usefull reply.

So does Scaleway request ID card or any personal dokuments for registration?

Thank you

• @lordnascloud said:
    Thank you all for very usefull reply.

So does Scaleway request ID card or any personal dokuments for registration?

Thank you

They did not for me. It is possible they may for some customers, though I haven't heard much about it.

• iqbaliqbal Member
    edited September 2022

hi guys, i just bought this vps (stardust in amsterdam with 0.39 euro). do you know how to connect to the ipv6 instance?

• ssh root@YOUR::IPV6::ADDRESS

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@iqbal said:
    hi guys, i just bought this vps (stardust in amsterdam with 0.39 euro). do you know how to connect to the ipv6 instance?

Using IPv6? If you don't have IPv6, either get a Tunnel broker/VPN or use a different VPS with IPv6 to jump.

Thanked by 1iqbal
  • @Neoon said:

@iqbal said:

Using IPv6? If you don't have IPv6, either get a Tunnel broker/VPN or use a different VPS with IPv6 to jump.

thank you, finally i can connect to the instance.