Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup vServer Gen 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup vServer Gen 10

FalzoFalzo Member
edited April 2022 in General

just saw, that netcup changed their vserver line up to next generation. more cores and storage... https://www.netcup-offers.eu/vserver/vps.php

original, translated announcement from their news page:

On Tuesday, April 5, 2022, netcup launches the latest vServer Generation 10, with higher performance and the option to choose the server location.

Due to the increasing demand for higher performance and the desire to be able to choose the server location, netcup is launching the new vServer Generation 10 from April 5, 2022.
Generation 10 vServers have more virtual cores and in most cases more SSD storage than Generation 9 vServers.

VPS 2000 even doubles the number of vCores, VPS 6000 increases the SSD space by 336 GB (from 1200 to 1536 GB). In addition, the included traffic has been increased to 80 TB/month for all tariffs.

With the exception of VPS 200 and VPS 500, it is possible to select the server location for all vServer tariffs in the new Generation 10 when ordering. The locations Vienna (Wien) or Nuremberg (Nürnberg) are available. If the option "no preference" is selected instead, the server location will be determined automatically by netcup according to the available capacities.

The geographical distance between the two locations Vienna and Nuremberg and the particularly high-performance connection to the Backbone Europe enable many sophisticated high-availability concepts to be optimally secured against all conceivable failures and disaster scenarios through the redundant locations.

I have to admit I haven't checked yet, if there are more detailed changes to the pricing, the option to select the location is overdue anyway. the pricing for that seems to be slightly different depending on the size of the VM...

in any case it's gonna be interesting to see, what they come up with this easter then - egg hunt soon!!

Comments

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

the new G10 VPS has 0 month contract, but billing period is 6months.

how does this work, if i wish to cancel after first month?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @cybertech said:

Basically prepaid netcup credit, similar to oneprovider with their "onecloud" offerings afaik. Its a bit wonky.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @cyagon said:

@cybertech said:

Basically prepaid netcup credit, similar to oneprovider with their "onecloud" offerings afaik. Its a bit wonky.

i havent used either yet. does this mean if the vps is 2,99eur, i have to buy 17,94eur of netcup credit?

• MastodontMastodont Member
    edited April 2022

Probably all plans are more expensive, such as 8GB RAM / 160GB SSD ... 6 -> 8,75 € now (and root server 8/160 costs only 9)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2022

Wonder if this is why I got declined for an order for G9.5 root server. Apparently they couldn't fulfill the order. Moving available hardware to this?

• WolfWolf Member

@cybertech said:

It works by refunding you, using the original payment method.
    Many providers in germany use this method, as it has two benefits.

1) People may forget a non critial service, till it's past cancellation date (hence pay another renew)
    2) Saves quite some transaction fees.

Thanked by 1cyagon
  • so this thread is no longer valid - "Netcup Doubled VPS Prices for International customers" https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178120/netcup-doubled-vps-prices-for-international-customers/p1

??

• @Wolf said:

@cybertech said:

1) People may forget a non critial service, till it's past cancellation date (hence pay another renew)

so i intend to pay by PayPal, they will refund me the balance to PayPal instead of netcup credit?

• WolfWolf Member

@cybertech said:

@Wolf said:

@cybertech said:

so i intend to pay by PayPal, they will refund me the balance to PayPal instead of netcup credit?

Yes.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Wolf said:

@cybertech said:

@Wolf said:

@cybertech said:

Yes.

thanks for the explanation

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2022

@Mastodont said:
    Probably all plans are more expensive, such as 8GB RAM / 160GB SSD ... 6 -> 8,75 € now (and root server 8/160 costs only 9)

yeah, I thought so. also the 8.75 still only apply if you go with a yearly contract it seems. hourly comes out at something around 10.80 for a full month/30days ...

@varwww said:
    so this thread is no longer valid - "Netcup Doubled VPS Prices for International customers" https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178120/netcup-doubled-vps-prices-for-international-customers/p1

??

indeed. as discussed in that thread it wasn't a raise based on the customers location though, only different priced products on pages in different languages. the regular netcup.eu page now has the same products as the german page again, aka the G10 products.

I haven't checked yet, but could be possible, that old gen9 order links are still floating around and maybe working...

@jar said:
    Wonder if this is why I got declined for an order for G9.5 root server. Apparently they couldn't fulfill the order. Moving available hardware to this?

interesting, what exactly did they tell you as a reason?
    seems they had problems with those FLUX orders and stuff, maybe really low on hardware...

hope this doesn't keep them from some juicy easter eggs though.

Thanked by 1varwww
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Falzo said:

@Mastodont said:

yeah, I thought so. also the 8.75 still only apply if you go with a yearly contract it seems. hourly comes out at something around 10.80 for a full month/30days ...

@varwww said:
    so this thread is no longer valid - "Netcup Doubled VPS Prices for International customers" https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178120/netcup-doubled-vps-prices-for-international-customers/p1

??

indeed. as discussed in that thread it wasn't a raise based on the customers location though, only different priced products on pages in different languages. the regular netcup.eu page now has the same products as the german page again, aka the G10 products.

I haven't checked yet, but could be possible, that old gen9 order links are still floating around and maybe working...

@jar said:

interesting, what exactly did they tell you as a reason?
    seems they had problems with those FLUX orders and stuff, maybe really low on hardware...

hope this doesn't keep them from some juicy easter eggs though.

On the 29th: https://paste.mxrouteapps.com/?199d9fe7da62c76d#DUNpxeQqH1c8D9D3xmB5anGmtbLBgAqAcoSGHUnU2q8T

Don't know what this flux thing is.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @jar said: Don't know what this flux thing is.

https://runonflux.io/flux-nodes.html

(new Chia-like shit)

Thanked by 1jar
  • FalzoFalzo Member

thanks for sharing! seems they really ran out of stock. something I am seeing with them for the first time.

@Mastodont said:

@jar said: Don't know what this flux thing is.

https://runonflux.io/flux-nodes.html

(new Chia-like shit)

to be fair, compared to chia I think this one is rather some kind of ripoff.
    a self-called cloud platform that has it's users/miners pay for contracts with random providers not knowing what kind of sh*t is gonna be run on that and from within their 'app' - could even be something trying to build a new darkweb or the likes, who knows.

• CabbageCabbage Member
    edited April 2022

RS 1000 G9.5 got doubled cores only for +0.4EUR, whilst keeping the 1 month billing/contract period. Insta-upgrade for me.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • 30033003 Member

Anyone know what CPU those g10 are? Same ?

• mhnmhn Member

anyone got yabs?
    also, can you check the steal amount? I'm pretty curious, might be a great deal

• @Falzo said: compared to chia

Pointless waste of energy and resources, both of them.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • 30033003 Member
    edited April 2022

Here is a YABS from their biggest vserver. Kinda low multicore score, isnt it?
    Also, they gave it more ram than advertised. Strange.

Lemme know if you want me to run any tests / commands before i refund it.

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-02-18

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Wed 06 Apr 2022 04:11:12 PM CEST

Basic System Information:

Processor : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores : 18 @ 1996.248 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 62.9 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 2.0 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 42.21 MB/s (10.5k) 474.08 MB/s (7.4k)
    Write 42.30 MB/s (10.5k) 476.57 MB/s (7.4k)
    Total 84.51 MB/s (21.1k) 950.65 MB/s (14.8k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.76 GB/s (3.4k) 1.94 GB/s (1.8k)
    Write 1.85 GB/s (3.6k) 2.06 GB/s (2.0k)
    Total 3.62 GB/s (7.0k) 4.00 GB/s (3.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 663 Mbits/sec | 946 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 984 Mbits/sec | 954 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | 953 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 432 Mbits/sec | 353 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 413 Mbits/sec | 790 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 413 Mbits/sec | 725 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 346 Mbits/sec | 585 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 104 Mbits/sec | 259 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 947 Mbits/sec | 938 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 945 Mbits/sec | 939 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 918 Mbits/sec | 939 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 505 Mbits/sec | 427 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 539 Mbits/sec | 890 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 374 Mbits/sec | 811 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 815
    Multi Core | 6904
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14136818

root@v2202204161647185924:~#

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2022

@3003 said:
    Here is a YABS from their biggest vserver. Kinda low multicore score, isnt it?

|

Single Core | 815
    Multi Core | 6904
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14136818

multicore seems fine, as you have to consider those virtual cores more likely be threads and not dedicated to you anyway. 2 threads make 1 core and the achieved score is close to 9x single core, so I'd say it adds up and is a good result.

even if you bench a regular 8 core /16 thread CPU in a dedicated server, you will only see something close to 8x single core as multi core result...

• ksekse Member

@cybertech said:

@cyagon said:

@cybertech said:

i havent used either yet. does this mean if the vps is 2,99eur, i have to buy 17,94eur of netcup credit?

you have to pay 6 month, but if you cancel for example to the end of the thir mont, you will get a refund of the other 3 month you already paid. Something like that is made to reduce the direct and indirect costs on billing (support for customers that forgot to paid the invoice, or support on general payment problems, reduce costs for payment services like paypal)