Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free Cpanel alternative! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best free Cpanel alternative!

13»

Comments

• @nunim said:
    I just gave this a try on a droplet, it's kind of confusing, it's more like a configuration file creator then an actual control panel.

It just asks you to do the initial configuration of the different services manually (should take no more than 15 minutes). This certainly could be automated, but I like the transparency and the possibility to adjust settings, if necessary.

More important: It doesn't create any dependencies, you can remove Froxlor anytime, if you want (it's just a PHP application with a MySQL DB), and your server will continue to work.

After the initial configuration, I works like a full-fledged panel, very easy for resellers and end users.

I really think Froxlor deserves more attention than it gets ;-)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dynweb said:
    I really think Froxlor deserves more attention than it gets ;-)

The last time I tried it the configuration files it generated were mostly in incorrect syntax for the versions of several key packages and following it's instructions ended in more broken than working. It's been a while but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth.

• @jarland said:
    The last time I tried it the configuration files it generated were mostly in incorrect syntax for the versions of several key packages and following it's instructions ended in more broken than working. It's been a while but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I did around 20 Froxlor installs in the last 12 months, never had this problem... You might want to try again to get rid of that bad taste ;-)

Another major feature for me: You can install it via your package manager, so upgrades are a breeze...

• Vote for Kloxo-MR....very good....

• Virtualmin is far better than cpanel in my opinion.

• @MorningIris said:
    Virtualmin is far better than cpanel in my opinion.

I like virtualmin & webmin but virtualmin does not like my friends, they find it to hard to use. Maybe i should theme it

• Another +1 for Kloxo-MR. Have it running on several servers in master/slave setup. My clients are very happy with it and they have come from a cpanel environment.

• @Zshen said:
    Another +1 for Kloxo-MR. Have it running on several servers in master/slave setup. My clients are very happy with it and they have come from a cpanel environment.

I've used Kloxo MR quite a lot on different servers, always found it to crash on update or fail during restoring backup. In the end I moved over to virtualmin. Shame because I liked Kloxo MR. Still you can't beat virtualmin, it is excellent.