Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My hosthatch VPS cannot use - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My hosthatch VPS cannot use

2»

Comments

• @youshao said:

@skorous said:

First, I bought such a plan and did not use it outside the plan.

Did I say you did? Guilty conscience? I asked because I was curious since nobody I know had used anywhere near that amount.

Second, how to use it varies from person to person. If the business thinks it has questions, it is private and there is no need to answer, right?

No, you don't have to answer. I'll just assume @stevewatson301 is right.

Thirdly, I think we should discuss the service of merchants. It is the basic business ethics that they should not ignore their products after making money.

Don't care

What do you think?

That @stevewatson301 is right.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2022

@imageslocker said: so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people.

That's... not how this works. Banning people just because they use all their resources is not specified anywhere in their terms of use. Their terms clearly say that the transfer quota is per month, and you only get suspended until the next month.

What about OpenVZ hosts that oversell disk space. Do you think they should ban anyone that uses all their disk space?

If a host doesn't want people using all the monthly transfer, they would just set lower limits..

The only two types of hosts I've seen either:
    1. Suspend the VPS until the next month; or
    2. Charge for overages and allow the customer to manually shut down their VPS (or disconnect the network) to avoid overages.

I'm not saying OP is completely in the clear, just that no reasonable host would ban someone who's only using their allocated resources.

• miaumiau Member

@Daniel15 said:

@imageslocker said: so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people.

That's... not how this works. Banning people just because they use all their resources is not specified anywhere in their terms of use. Their terms clearly say that the transfer quota is per month, and you only get suspended until the next month.

What about OpenVZ hosts that oversell disk space. Do you think they should ban anyone that uses all their disk space?

If a host doesn't want people using all the monthly transfer, they would just set lower limits..

The only two types of hosts I've seen either:
    1. Suspend the VPS until the next month; or
    2. Charge for overages and allow the customer to manually shut down their VPS (or disconnect the network) to avoid overages.

I'm not saying OP is completely in the clear, just that no reasonable host would ban someone who's only using their allocated resources.

Finally someone with brain in this thread

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • scookescooke Member
    edited April 2022

Seems like there is likely an unpaid invoice, so the OP went beyond the 8TB limit anyway. Maybe OP thinks that going over 8TB one month with a reset could mean that they will use only 7TB next month and even things out. But, looks like they need to pay that invoice before the reset happens.

EDIT: Just pay that invoice, and don't make any more posts about this!

• Theres a lot of fucking crazy talk in this thread.

Why cant he use 8TB bandwidth if that's what it's offered with the plan? Are you guys crazy?

• alvinalvin Member
    edited April 2022

@imageslocker said:

@youshao said:

@imageslocker said:
    I'm also using hosthatch to host few of my websites.... haven't faced any problems... I guess @youshao could have probably abused the bandwidth limitation....

for any hosting company, 99.9% of the users barely use 1-2% of the allocated resources, they're profitable users... rest 0.1% could abuse the resources, so it's natural for the company to ban them... This way, they'd get some angry customers (who are resource eaters), but still the company be able to save the rest of the customers and be happy... :)

So @youshao, i guess you need to move to some other hosting company to cater your needs....You might have larger needs, hosthatch may not be a fit in your case..

The below comment summarized the problem perfectly... :wink: Who is the fat guy here???

...> @mosquitoguy said:

all you can eat buffet until a fat guy comes in with a dozen of his friends, then you realize you don't want him to eat at your buffet anymore.

Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

Yeah i could understand it clearly... but think from a company's perspective now... hosthatch could have sold some 5000 orders here, let's assume 10 people in that could use all the 100% of data like you did(8TB in your case)... So that puts stress on their network, so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people... It's the practical approach.. It's very easy for the company to find the top resource consumers, you're probably one of them, so they wanted to remove your account. Wouldn't you do the same, if you had the hosting company???

Lesson here::: Never abuse resources my friend... If you need more resources, go with much higher limits, the best way is to talk to the customer support in advance (with your use case) and then buy the package.. this will save your account...

I'm that 99.9% of the user, i barely use 100gb/month (definitely less than that)... still i have that 8TB bandwidth at disposal.. .:)

Just because your bike has the maximum speed limit of 300 kmph, it's not wise to always go at maximum speed.. :neutral:

@imageslocker said:

@youshao said:

@imageslocker said:
    I'm also using hosthatch to host few of my websites.... haven't faced any problems... I guess @youshao could have probably abused the bandwidth limitation....

for any hosting company, 99.9% of the users barely use 1-2% of the allocated resources, they're profitable users... rest 0.1% could abuse the resources, so it's natural for the company to ban them... This way, they'd get some angry customers (who are resource eaters), but still the company be able to save the rest of the customers and be happy... :)

So @youshao, i guess you need to move to some other hosting company to cater your needs....You might have larger needs, hosthatch may not be a fit in your case..

The below comment summarized the problem perfectly... :wink: Who is the fat guy here???

...> @mosquitoguy said:

all you can eat buffet until a fat guy comes in with a dozen of his friends, then you realize you don't want him to eat at your buffet anymore.

Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

Yeah i could understand it clearly... but think from a company's perspective now... hosthatch could have sold some 5000 orders here, let's assume 10 people in that could use all the 100% of data like you did(8TB in your case)... So that puts stress on their network, so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people... It's the practical approach.. It's very easy for the company to find the top resource consumers, you're probably one of them, so they wanted to remove your account. Wouldn't you do the same, if you had the hosting company???

Lesson here::: Never abuse resources my friend... If you need more resources, go with much higher limits, the best way is to talk to the customer support in advance (with your use case) and then buy the package.. this will save your account...

I'm that 99.9% of the user, i barely use 100gb/month (definitely less than that)... still i have that 8TB bandwidth at disposal.. .:)

Just because your bike has the maximum speed limit of 300 kmph, it's not wise to always go at maximum speed.. :neutral:

I beg to differ with you on this topic....
    Assuming that you got the 1 year contract that the bandwidth can be used to 8T every month, when once it is exceeded, the vps has been suspended. Normally, It will be automatically resumed at the beginning of the next month.

However, as you mean... it won't resume or won't let you to use the original value of bandwidth for the remaining months, so is it still a contract?

I don't think those bandwidth usage will collapse the Hosthatch Traffic State

Another provider, Virmach, their mechanism will also notify you that the VPS is suspended after the bandwidth is exceeded. It will be automatically resumed and recalculate at the beginning of the next month.

I believe the same goes for Hosthatch, but the poster claims to be suspended due to bandwidth issues and hasn't been resumed for months. If it wasn't his certain behaviors that caused this, then it's Hosthatch's VM system issue.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2022

What kind of shitfuckery is this? The note from @hosthatch that OP himself posted here clearly states the truth: OP has exceeded his traffic limit, hence the system is suspended until either (a) beginning of next month, or (b) OP pays for the extra traffic.

Re "who would or how would OP use 8 TB traffic, yada yada?" - None of your/our business. There are plenty ways to use even much more, some useful, legal, and nice, some not so much.
    Whatever OP uses that system for is his own business but he has to stay within his traffic limit or pay for extra traffic. Simple.

Btw, my own hosthatch VPS is working well and I'm a very happy customer.

• HH is dog shit

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@wimoson said:
    HH is dog shit

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

• @DP said: Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

He has history. :D

• With ImpactVPS, when going over the monthly limit a few years back the server was shut off and no email was sent. I opened a ticket and was informed about that and couldn't buy extra bandwidth but there was only like 2 days left in the month.

I then had to reply in the ticket on the 2nd to turn it back on when it didn't automatically start on the 1st. It wasn't automated.

This discussion has been closed.