Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My hosthatch VPS cannot use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My hosthatch VPS cannot use

youshaoyoushao Member

I bought a machine with 8 terabytes per month .The flow is out of service, normally it can be used next month, but it has been nearly four months, my VPS cannot be used, cannot be started, cannot be reloaded, cannot be opened, the customer service has not replied to the work order, how should I deal with it?
No one replied to the work order
I can only ask for help in lowendtalk
Tickets #614988

Thanked by 1s12321

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

It will reset tomorrow

明天会重置

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2022

@hosthatch

--

@dosai said: It will reset tomorrow

He said it was locked in December, next month won't help, it has happen few times already :P

Thanked by 1dosai
  • youshaoyoushao Member
    edited March 2022

This is the fourth month since December last year. Still not working properly. Could you be a little more accountable to your customers? @hosthatch

• dosaidosai Member

@JabJab said:
    @hosthatch

--

@dosai said: It will reset tomorrow

He said it was locked in December, next month won't help, it has happen few times already :P

My bad. I read the screenshot and didn't read his post properly.

• all you can eat buffet until a fat guy comes in with a dozen of his friends, then you realize you don't want him to eat at your buffet anymore.

Thanked by 1ezeth
  • @hosthatch > @mosquitoguy said:

all you can eat buffet until a fat guy comes in with a dozen of his friends, then you realize you don't want him to eat at your buffet anymore.

The VPS I bought has 8T traffic every month. If it exceeds the traffic, it will automatically shut down and start automatically next month. Until now, there has never been a traffic overrun problem.

• LisoLiso Member

Just curious, what were you doing with 8TB traffic? Mine only has 1TB and I barely used 50gb a month.

• @Liso said:
    Just curious, what were you doing with 8TB traffic? Mine only has 1TB and I barely used 50gb a month.

Everyone uses it differently. I bought this package.

• @mosquitoguy said:
    all you can eat buffet until a fat guy comes in with a dozen of his friends, then you realize you don't want him to eat at your buffet anymore.

Amateur. This is how the buffet has fresh food.

• Maybe it is to do with an outstanding invoice?

• bdlbdl Member

@Liso said:

Hosting backups for other MJJs on HH's CHI services... or not :lol:

• it has been nearly four months

and you still haven't filed a dispute? :)
    If he's not gonna answer or fix it for you.

• @dahartigan said:
    Maybe it is to do with an outstanding invoice?

I bought the two-year package at a time, with no extra charges.

• @foitin said:

it has been nearly four months

and you still haven't filed a dispute? :)
    If he's not gonna answer or fix it for you.

I have sent a message to the customer service in the after-sale work order, but I have not received any reply or solution for such a long time.

• TeoMTeoM Member

Welcome to @hosthatch support, please tell me your problem

• Your VPS has been deleted as requested.

Regards,
    Lowendtalk Support

• @TeoM said:
    Welcome to @hosthatch support, please tell me your problem

From December last year to now, my host has been unable to be used, unable to boot up, reset, and there is no reply to the work order. Please help me deal with it. [email protected].

• @turdski said:
    Your VPS has been deleted as requested.

Regards,
    Lowendtalk Support

I'm not asking you to delete my work order, but asking you to help me solve the problem that the host can't work normally. You deleted my VPS, so I pay so much money and can not use, excuse me, what is the significance?

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

They should put in terms that if you violate limits you get terminated. Who the fuck uses 8 TB of bandwidth?

• @ezeth said:
    They should put in terms that if you violate limits you get terminated. Who the fuck uses 8 TB of bandwidth?

What I bought is the package with 8T traffic per month. If it is over, the automatic shutdown will start automatically next month. What's the problem?

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

You should buy that 10 TB per month, 2 USD per month RackNerd VPS and crontab bandwidth test :D In fact buy 30 of them.

• How did you manage to use eight terabytes of bandwidth anyway?

• I'm also using hosthatch to host few of my websites.... haven't faced any problems... I guess @youshao could have probably abused the bandwidth limitation....

for any hosting company, 99.9% of the users barely use 1-2% of the allocated resources, they're profitable users... rest 0.1% could abuse the resources, so it's natural for the company to ban them... This way, they'd get some angry customers (who are resource eaters), but still the company be able to save the rest of the customers and be happy... :)

So @youshao, i guess you need to move to some other hosting company to cater your needs....You might have larger needs, hosthatch may not be a fit in your case..

The below comment summarized the problem perfectly... :wink: Who is the fat guy here???

...> @mosquitoguy said:

• @imageslocker said:
    I'm also using hosthatch to host few of my websites.... haven't faced any problems... I guess @youshao could have probably abused the bandwidth limitation....

for any hosting company, 99.9% of the users barely use 1-2% of the allocated resources, they're profitable users... rest 0.1% could abuse the resources, so it's natural for the company to ban them... This way, they'd get some angry customers (who are resource eaters), but still the company be able to save the rest of the customers and be happy... :)

So @youshao, i guess you need to move to some other hosting company to cater your needs....You might have larger needs, hosthatch may not be a fit in your case..

The below comment summarized the problem perfectly... :wink: Who is the fat guy here???

...> @mosquitoguy said:

Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

• @youshao said: Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

And yet having been asked multiple times you won't say how you actually managed to use it.

• @skorous said:

@youshao said: Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

And yet having been asked multiple times you won't say how you actually managed to use it.

First, I bought such a plan and did not use it outside the plan. Second, how to use it varies from person to person. If the business thinks it has questions, it is private and there is no need to answer, right? Thirdly, I think we should discuss the service of merchants. It is the basic business ethics that they should not ignore their products after making money. What do you think?

• @youshao said:

@imageslocker said:
    I'm also using hosthatch to host few of my websites.... haven't faced any problems... I guess @youshao could have probably abused the bandwidth limitation....

...> @mosquitoguy said:

Well, the plan I bought has 8 terabytes of data per month, and the system shuts down automatically if it exceeds that. And then it turns on automatically the next month. I didn't abuse it.

Yeah i could understand it clearly... but think from a company's perspective now... hosthatch could have sold some 5000 orders here, let's assume 10 people in that could use all the 100% of data like you did(8TB in your case)... So that puts stress on their network, so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people... It's the practical approach.. It's very easy for the company to find the top resource consumers, you're probably one of them, so they wanted to remove your account. Wouldn't you do the same, if you had the hosting company???

Lesson here::: Never abuse resources my friend... If you need more resources, go with much higher limits, the best way is to talk to the customer support in advance (with your use case) and then buy the package.. this will save your account...

I'm that 99.9% of the user, i barely use 100gb/month (definitely less than that)... still i have that 8TB bandwidth at disposal.. .:)

Just because your bike has the maximum speed limit of 300 kmph, it's not wise to always go at maximum speed.. :neutral:

• @imageslocker said: Never abuse resources my friend

It is also very likely that the VPS was involved in an actual abuse scenario. MJJs famously like to deny everything when the event points at them being the bad guy.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@imageslocker said: Never abuse resources my friend

It is also very likely that the VPS was involved in an actual abuse scenario. MJJs famously like to deny everything when the event points at them being the bad guy.

Thanks for your advice, but if there is any problem with my use, the seller can check it, right?

• @imageslocker said:

@youshao said:

@imageslocker said:

...> @mosquitoguy said:

Yeah i could understand it clearly... but think from a company's perspective now... hosthatch could have sold some 5000 orders here, let's assume 10 people in that could use all the 100% of data like you did(8TB in your case)... So that puts stress on their network, so the easiest way is to ban that 10 people... It's the practical approach.. It's very easy for the company to find the top resource consumers, you're probably one of them, so they wanted to remove your account. Wouldn't you do the same, if you had the hosting company???

Lesson here::: Never abuse resources my friend... If you need more resources, go with much higher limits, the best way is to talk to the customer support in advance (with your use case) and then buy the package.. this will save your account...

I'm that 99.9% of the user, i barely use 100gb/month (definitely less than that)... still i have that 8TB bandwidth at disposal.. .:)

Just because your bike has the maximum speed limit of 300 kmph, it's not wise to always go at maximum speed.. :neutral:

Thanks for your advice

This discussion has been closed.