Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want 10Gbps with 10Tbit DDoS protection in Tokyo for $124.99? Order now! Limited Amount Available! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want 10Gbps with 10Tbit DDoS protection in Tokyo for $124.99? Order now! Limited Amount Available!

2»

Comments

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@wdmg said: Singapore

What data center? Do you happen to offer IP transit? :joy:

• @lentro said:

@wdmg said: Singapore

What data center? Do you happen to offer IP transit? :joy:

We are Located in EQX - SG1.

We also do Sell Transit, so if you are looking to purchase Transit send us a message. https://portal.tempest.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2 and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @NeroCloud said: Does the >server support BGP session?

We provide BGP sessions to Tempest machines or we can announce them on our network hardware to use on multiple machines. But we don't allow GRE tunneling

• @ChrisMiller said:
    We are Located in EQX - SG1.

Isn't that in Singapore?

• @LiliLabs said: Isn't that in Singapore?

lentro was asking about our Singapore location.

We are in EQX-TY11 in Tokyo.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited April 2022

@ChrisMiller said: We are in EQX-TY11 in >Tokyo.

I actually meant, it's EQX-TY2 in Tokyo. I should have double-checked the naming scheme. Since we just re-located DC's there. :|

• You can now get a free Internal License from Direct Admin when purchasing a server from Tempest.net!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jbiloh said:
    This may be one of the best deals ever on LowEndTalk.

10 gbit in Tokyo for this cheap?!

Yes indeed. I'm almost a bit sorry to not have a reasonable need for it.

@stefeman said:
    CPU is enough to max out 10G port, but thats where the power ends. Running any service utilizing that 10G port will max out the CPU.

Its clearly designed so that the user won't be able waste expensive asia bandwidth.

Its 35€ second hand CPU with bad passmark.

I disagree. Yes, next to a Ryzen that processor looks poor - but it isn't, it's actually not bad at all; a PM of 6000+ isn't something to brag about (single core ca. 2000 however is really nice). While I agree that running e.g. a bloated Apache with TLS highly likely wouldn't be able to fill the pipe, at that price even only achieving half the pipes potential still would be an excellent deal. Frankly I think that even LET could easily run on it and still have some reserve, provided it had proper software instead of LNMP and were de-bloated.
    Oh, and: pay about 50 bucks more per month and you'll get a rather modern processor version. Plus a generously sized SSD (hw-mirrored I hope) and, yummy, yummy, dead serious DDOS protection on what seems to be one of the better networks out there.

Btw, if I'd smell a potential problem it'd be the somewhat low memory.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited April 2022

Had a few pieces of Hardware arrive for server builds. :smile:

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

Spicy spicy! Looking forward to how these builds turn out :)

• Good one