Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual6 - Linux VPS from $2.28/month! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual6 - Linux VPS from $2.28/month!

2»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@Heinz said:
    It's just you because most people would have big problem with paying for KVM with VMPort to get OpenVZ with URpad.

That was not the point, but ok.

• Heinz said: It's just you because most people would have big problem with paying for KVM with VMPort to get OpenVZ with URpad.

I can't be held responsible for decisions made after the sale. In my defence it's not like this was something they told me about before hand.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said "I have a duty to protect the visitors of LEB and LET. They need to know what they sign up for. "

I'm not defending Ash at all, but that statement is a fucking joke and I can give several examples of why. Here's one example:

You regularly censor LEB comments about CVPS on LEB and defend them which makes your statement about protecting LEB users a complete fucking joke. CVPS had their Solus DB hacked and distributed on the Internet twice in the past year. They also had their WHMCS hacked in October (and according to them, 3% of their customers info was obtained by the hackers...not only that but they accept credit cards directly and store some of the info in the DB that was hacked).

They failed to follow the legal requirements for databreach notifications that 46 states require. I.E. THEY VIOLATED THE LAW BY NOT FOLLOWING PROPER NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES. They also failed to properly notify Visa and Mastercard of the breach of their WHMCS database as they are required to do by credit card industry regulations, and yet you defend them and continue posting their offers. FYI, I had my info compromised twice when I was a customer, and when I complained the fucktard owner who was working as a retail clerk up until January of this year called me "a joke" for complaining.

I do thank you for this post Maarten because your words about protecting the users of LEB/LET convinced me to finally get off my ass and do my part in protecting the users of LET/LEB by filing a complaint against CVPS with the NY AG today over the database breaches.

• @DomainBop I'm sorry, but LET/LEB owned by ColoCrossing so don't expect democracy here.

• It is what it is. Just warning consumers that it is highly probable this brand will be sold in about a year. If ok to customer, that's fine. otherwise, you've been warned.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited December 2013

jcaleb said: It is what it is. Just warning consumers that it is highly probable this brand will be sold in about a year. If ok to customer, that's fine. otherwise, you've been warned.

But you're warning them about stuff I'm open and honest about. @mpkossen needs to get of this ego trip he's currently on, preaching to me about morals when he works for ColoCrossing/LET who have repeatedly lied, censored content and covered up a lot worse incidents than I ever have.

Threatening to block my posting privileges and for what, have you seen anybody here complaining of anything illegal or wrong doing on my part? Nope. It's about time big man @jbiloh stepped in and gave an official verdict.

Are you going to censor my posts? And if so for what reason, other than personal discrimination because you don’t agree with my morals or business ethics.

As for it been highly probable the brand will be sold, have you seen how many other hosts have been going up for sale/dead-pooling? At least I do things properly. Do you warn customers of CVPS that there have been numerous data breaches in the past year or so? Of course you don’t... You wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you, but what about the good people of LET?

Essentially you're warning people that I've had a job and moved on to another job. That doesn't happen in everyday life, does it.

• Put the handbags down ladies.

• Ash_Hawkridge said: But you're warning them about stuff I'm open and honest about. @mpkossen needs to get of this ego trip he's currently on, preaching to me about morals when he works for ColoCrossing/LET who have repeatedly lied, censored content and covered up a lot worse incidents than I ever have.

I think it's extremely childish you go on with this. I do not work for ColoCrossing. Simple as that.

And it's not about ColoCrossing here, it's about you and your ventures. You can drag Jon in all you want, but it's not going to change anything. If he has an issue with how I handle this, I'm pretty confident he will discuss it with me and not in here.

It seems you keep going on about this being a personal vendetta, while it is not. I'm warning people that the company they sign up with, is 99% sure just a middle man and it's going to be sold in a couple of months. I've asked some simple questions and you would rather not be able to post offers than answer those questions, according to your PM. I interpret that the following way: you have something to hide, I am right and you don't want it public, or both.

I've said enough on this matter now. I've given you a warning here and in our PM conversation. It still stands. You've got the key.

DomainBop said: You regularly censor LEB comments about CVPS on LEB and defend them which makes your statement about protecting LEB users a complete fucking joke.

I don't censor comments. Period. You can accuse me of a lot of things, but that I don't do. I approve both positive and negative comments, but weed out the spam. If there are links to "leaked" material or illegal material, I remove those. But that's it.

Honestly, I really don't like being accused of this. I'm spending a lot of time and work quite hard to keep LET a nice place, including protecting the users.

A data breach is, in my eyes, something very different from Ashley's scenario. A data breach is the result of a third party, stealing you data. Of course, your own security could prevent that, but nothing is ever 100% secure. What I'm trying to say is: it's one of those things you can never prevent. I'm not going to "punish" a host for that.

This, however, is something I can warn users about, beforehand.

alexvolk said: I'm sorry, but LET/LEB owned by ColoCrossing so don't expect democracy here.

I'm really sorry you feel this way.

For the record: for anything more to do with my functioning, please either move it to the Feedback & Suggestions thread or the Cest Pit. I'm open to criticism, but please do it in the appropriate place.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

"simple economics" heh

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2013

I advise any person who is looking for a long term VPS solution to avoid this host. As stated above, he will eventually sell despite any promises made and you will be left with your personal data being transferred to said company without any notice to the customer.

Also you can read my previous comments on this matter:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/382944/#Comment_382944
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/317939/#Comment_317939

Shame on you @Ash_Hawkridge ! What does it feel like to be called out for being a liar? Maybe in the future you won't make the same mistake of making empty promises. You can only trust someone up till the point you can not trust them anymore. At this point, you are far past being trustworthy.

Cheers!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

2 things:

1. I don't know who @ash_hawkridge is, and I certainly have no vendetta against him or her.

2. Maarten is a star, and he has my full support. He provides steady and determined leadership and I appreciate his commitment to the community.

• jbiloh said:

I don't know who @ash_hawkridge is, and I certainly have no vendetta against him or her.

There we have it folks. The liar that is @jbiloh. You don't know me? Is that your final answer?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

Is this a new record for him?

• What record Saiku?