Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual6 - Linux VPS from $2.28/month!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual6 - Linux VPS from $2.28/month!

For a limited time only we're offering Lowendtalk readers double RAM, simply mention Lowendtalk in the order notes to have your server delivered with the extra resources.

256MB RAM 512MB RAM (For a limited time only)
512MB VSWAP
16GB RAID-10 HDD
1x vCPU Core Access (Shared)
400GB Bandwidth (1000Mbps Uplink)
Monthly Price (IPv6 Only): $2.28/month
https://virtual6.net/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

512MB RAM 1024MB RAM (For a limited time only)
1024MB VSWAP
32GB RAID-10 HDD
2x vCPU Core Access (Shared)
800GB Bandwidth (1000Mbps Uplink)
Monthly Price (IPv6 + 1x IPv4): $6.30/month
https://virtual6.net/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

Network & Hardware Information
Our servers are located in the Wholesale Internet facility in Kansas City, USA..

Test IPv4: 208.110.70.107
Test IPv6: 2604:4300:a:19::3

We use Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 servers with 32GB of RAM and 4x 1TB HDD in a RAID-10 configuration. All servers are connected via 1000Mbps connections.

Need Assistance?
Please contact our support team at [email protected], we will be happy to assist you and can usually respond within 15 minutes during our business hours.

Comments

• ServerBear benchmark is available @ http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/23/PMauSpig6irdLazu. Thank you to one of our customers for performing and sharing this for us!

• I would not trust this host. The owner has a pattern of building businesses and selling them later. He has done this several times before. He has refused to answer questions or tackle concerns about this in public and in private.

If you sign up, you will not know where you end up. You've been warned.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited December 2013

We refuse to comment any further regarding these claims, there is nothing that hasn't already been discussed in the other thread(s).

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16969/virtual6-512mb-vps-from-2-28-month#latest
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13157/getkvm-acquired-by-bradler-krantz-co-kg/p1

We're open and honest and have nothing to hide. @mpkossen clearly has a moral issue with the way I run things and that's fine. The fact of the matter is any other brands I have been involved with are still running well and keeping customers happy. People are still getting what they were paying for.

Making the same comments on every thread is getting rather embarrassing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

At least one comment is needed to show people which are new here the historic baggage.
    LET is traditionally known to offer a lot of views you are entitled to your own, we are entitled to ours.
    Warning potential customers about the host intentions is not something that happens only to others, it happens to everyone which gives cause for concern.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @mpkossen give to @Ash_Hawkridge last chance

• Maounique said: At least one comment is needed to show people which are new here the historic baggage.

Yea sure, but you act like we don’t disclose this ourselves. It's not a secret or some crazy conspiracy. Certain users here treat me like a thief, it's unfounded and I don't appreciate it. You're trying to tarnish me over simple economics, its ridiculous, businesses exchange hands all the time without customers knowing that's life.

• People can make their own decisions. The information you're providing is already there to be found, stop shoving it down people's throat because you have nothing better to do.

Make your own choices guy's, trust a legitimate business owner who's honest and has plenty of experience with a track record for founding concrete businesses that operate successfully still to this day, or trust a bunch of anonymous trolls that spend their time on LET all day looking for trouble to excite themselves (Some of whom work for other VPS company's).

• If the history is like this, you're one of my client :

• I make a Business named A, you buy my service. After getting more customer, I sold it to another person.
    • Soon, I make another Business named B, you bought again my service. After getting more customer, I sold my 2nd business to another person.
    • Next year, I make another Business named C, you bought again my service, and after getting more customer, I sold again my 3rd business to another person

Make the loop infinite, and let say you have about 100 business with the same history, sell it after getting famous, again and again. Ok, let people say it better than me. English is not my native language.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • Ash_Hawkridge said: We refuse to comment any further regarding these claims, there is nothing that hasn't already been discussed in the other thread(s).

I was referring to this: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/386033/#Comment_386033

I have also sent you these questions via PM. You failed to respond to both.

Ash_Hawkridge said: Making the same comments on every thread is getting rather embarrassing.

You failing to respond to genuine concerns even more so.

Ash_Hawkridge said: We're open and honest and have nothing to hide

So why not answer my questions and respond to my concerns?

You failing to do so only makes me think you have something to hide.

Ash_Hawkridge said: The fact of the matter is any other brands I have been involved with are still running well and keeping customers happy. People are still getting what they were paying for.

I've never said they weren't, one brand aside. My concern is for your potential customers. They sign up, hoping for a long-term relationship with the company. Instead, they get a company owner who's main interest is getting as much customers as possible up to a certain threshold so he can sell the business (again).

I don't think that is fair to your potential customers. They deserve better.

Maounique said: LET is traditionally known to offer a lot of views you are entitled to your own, we are entitled to ours.

Warning potential customers about the host intentions is not something that happens only to others, it happens to everyone which gives cause for concern.

Exactly. I know several hosts which gets their offers trashed by people.

alexvolk said: @mpkossen give to @Ash_Hawkridge last chance

I want to, but getting my concerns addressed is the solution to that. Ashley's failure to respond to my concerns, both in public and in private, are the sole reason I responded to this offer in the first place.

edited December 2013

mpkossen said: They sign up, hoping for a long-term relationship with the company.

BINGO. You just hit the nail on the head right there. They sign up for a long-term relationship with the company and advertised service, not a personal relationship with me.

You're surprised I'm in this for the money? Well duh it's a job that puts food on my table. Do you go to work (If at all) to make friends, or do you go to pay your bills. If you worked in a shop would said customers never shop there again if you left? Of course they would.

But this is the internet, we're everyone takes everything personally. And here you are questioning my morals when you work for one of the shadiest companies going haha. At least the people that deal with me get 100% honesty ;)

• At least the people that deal with me get 100% honesty ;)

cough RAID0 cough

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2013

Ash_Hawkridge said: They sign up for a long-term relationship with the company and advertised service, not a personal relationship with me.

This would be the completely wrong market for that kind of mentality. But I'm still interested in the offer, so let's continue:

Ash_Hawkridge said: We're open and honest and have nothing to hide.

Ash_Hawkridge said: At least the people that deal with me get 100% honesty ;)

Is it posted somewhere on your website when you plan to sell again, or what the criteria is for selling? The offer is appealing, but i'd like some sort of pre-notification, preferably one that I can monitor myself, when you're going to sell off again so that I may bail out beforehand.

• Honesty, they will found that their host will be sold.

They sign up for a long-term relationship with the company and advertised service, not a personal relationship with me.

So, you don't needed a friend? Just needed a running business to earn money?

• Oh look its more providers jumping in with BS :)

edited December 2013

serverian said: cough RAID0 cough

cough PROOF cough. Oh you don't have any do you, so they're just words. VPSDime run RAID-1.

• Ash_Hawkridge said: BINGO. You just hit the nail on the head right there. They sign up for a long-term relationship with the company and advertised service, not a personal relationship with me.

That is not the point. From the second they sign up, it's unsure where that company will end up. Heck, your VMPort customers ended up with UrPad. That is something I could very well not be happy with as a customer and if I knew you were going to sell from the beginning, regardless to whom, I would have never signed up.

You're surprised I'm in this for the money? Well duh it's a job that puts food on my table. Do you go to work (If at all) to make friends, or do you go to pay your bills. If you worked in a shop would said customers never shop there again if you left? Of course they would.

Of course not. I don't blame you for wanting to make a living. I blame you for not being honest and transparent.

But this is the internet, we're everyone takes everything personally. And here you are questioning my morals when you work for one of the shadiest companies going haha. At least the people that deal with me get 100% honesty ;)

I'm not sure how you know the company I work for, but I would hardly call it a shady company. We've been in business 12 years today and all is going well.

And once again, you fail to respond to my concerns. I am going to ask you one last time to address them, either in public or in private, or I'm going to temporarily revoke your rights to publish offers here in order to protect the people that look for offers on this site.

• Not defending Ash. But what is shady for me is when people's money are taken and host run away with $$$.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • mpkossen said: And once again, you fail to respond to my concerns. I am going to ask you one last time to address them, either in public or in private, or I'm going to temporarily revoke your rights to publish offers here in order to protect the people that look for offers on this site.

I think he answered it above. Did it for money.

edited December 2013

mpkossen said: I'm not sure how you know the company I work for, but I would hardly call it a shady company. We've been in business 12 years today and all is going well.

And once again, you fail to respond to my concerns. I am going to ask you one last time to address them, either in public or in private, or I'm going to temporarily revoke your rights to publish offers here in order to protect the people that look for offers on this site.

I'm talking about LET, nobody else. LET doesn't exactly have a shining past does it so jump off your high horse. You think just because you have an administrator status your the be all and end all. If you're going to revoke my rights then get @jbiloh in here to confirm it.

I want to hear one logical reason for doing that from him.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • serverian said: Proof ^

That's not proof, that word is as good as mine.

• So you are saying @ChrisMiller is lying?

• Ash_Hawkridge said: I'm talking about LET, nobody else. LET doesn't exactly have a shining past does it so jump off your high horse. You think just because you have an administrator status your the be all and end all. If you're going to revoke my rights then get @jbiloh in here to confirm it.

I want to hear one logical reason for doing that from him.

You're not talking to Jon here, you're talking to me. I'm taking care of this matter since I'm the one in charge of the day-to-day management of LET and LEB. I've discussed this with Spirit and jcaleb and I've given you plenty of time to address my concerns before it even came to this warning. You've had all the time to prevent this from happening.

I have a duty to protect the visitors of LEB and LET. They need to know what they sign up for. Of course, they never know for sure. But what I would like to prevent, and what I can possibly can prevent, is them from signing up with a company that's going to be sold almost for sure. Where the interest lies not with the customer's wishes, but solely with the numbers. Where the customer doesn't know which company is going to end up with their data or even in which country.

You may say that you never know that for sure, where a company of your data is going to end up. However, the likeliness of you selling Virtual6 some months from now is extremely high, making this a high-risk business for customers. It's like they're signing up with a company, but they don't know which yet. You're just the middle man or caretaker for a couple of months. I feel I need to protected people from that.

Thanked by 2javaj Nick_A
  • Is "Virtual6" part of South Yorkshire IT?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • MartinD said: Is "Virtual6" part of South Yorkshire IT?

No it's part of Ashley Hawkridge been a sole proprietor, thank you for your input though, it's appreciated.

• The legality of this is subject to the contract and noncompete clauses, however it sounds pretty damn unethical to me. I do not want to pay a middleman ( that's you ) to find the perfect refugee shelter home. I prefer a host/ business entity who is proud of their brand rather than whoring around for a quick buck.

Thanked by 2mpkossen TheLinuxBug
  • LeeLee Veteran

Is it just me or is something wrong here.

Ashley is known for building up a company and then moving on to the next, with whatever marketing bullshit all providers use to entice people in with promises of the best, cheapest and whatever.

We all know this yet he appears to get more attention that than the ones that just close without warning then appear weeks or even days later with a new brand. In fact on here people are more likely to be posting "oh let's give them another chance".

Not defending anyone but as per usual it seems easier to kick the one out in the open than all the others.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Is it just me or is something wrong here.

It's just you because most people would have big problem with paying for KVM with VMPort to get OpenVZ with URpad.

• Keep in mind the only thing Ash is really interested in selling is your name and address