Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NEW LOCATION] KVM VPS +2tbit DDoS Protection in Almere, NL starting at only 15€/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NEW LOCATION] KVM VPS +2tbit DDoS Protection in Almere, NL starting at only 15€/year

HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2022 in Offers

HostSlick.com has a simple aim. We provide our customers with high quality servers but keep prices down. Our goals are to offer our valued clients a great experience and offer the best Affordable and most Reliable Hosting arround. We have two Network and Datacenter Locations in The Netherlands with our own ASN and fiber running to Amsterdam. We are not resellers like the majority you find on this forum. From the Core-Router to the interconnection and the Server Hardware, all is owned and managed by HostSlick and its associates including Staff itself. We are a platoon of professionals, not a army of amateurs.

Why HostSlick?
- Wide range of Payment methods accepted
- Own Hardware and Network in The Netherlands.
- No Re-selling
- Only Premium Hardware. HP, Juniper, Cisco and Supermicro.
- Support On-Site for Emergencies 24x7 - 24x7 Monitored
- Friendly Sales/Support Staff.
- Long-Term running business. We will not leave the market anytime soon (Guaranteed!)
- No hidden extra costs. No Bandwidth over charges. Once reached, we will contact you to upgrade.
- NO SETUP FEE's!

VERY LIMITED STOCK - OUR CURRENT SPECIAL SALE >:)

[2022] Spring Sale - Deal I

CPU - 1 vCore
RAM - 1 GB
Bandwidth - 5 TB
SSD Space - 25 GB
Port Speed - 1 Gbps
IPv4 Addresse(s) - 1
IPv6 Addresse(s) - /64 if requested
Operating System - Linux
Location - Almere, Netherlands (EU)
Virtualization Type - KVM
DDoS Protection - Complimentary up to 2tbit

Only 15€/year
ORDER

[2022] Spring Sale - Deal II

CPU - 2 vCore
RAM - 2 GB
Bandwidth - 5 TB
SSD Space - 50 GB
Port Speed - 1 Gbps
IPv4 Addresse(s) - 1
IPv6 Addresse(s) - /64 if requested
Operating System - Linux
Location - Almere, Netherlands (EU)
Virtualization Type - KVM
DDoS Protection - Complimentary up to 2tbit

Only 25€/year
ORDER

Payment Methods
Bitcoin and many other altcoins (via Coinify)
Giropay (via Skrill)
SofortBanking/SofortÜberweisung (via Skrill)
PayPal (via 2checkout)
Credit Card (via 2checkout)
SEPA Bank Transfer (Open Ticket for Bankd etails)
PerfectMoney

Affiliate Program
Refer your friends to order our Services and get 20% monthly comission of their sale.
More info? Click here

Thanked by 2frakass db385

Comments

• I will pick up one. Nice offer.

• Offer attractive (although light on technical details), but then checked Terms of Service and saw some elements that put me off. For example:

9)Prohibition of Offensive Behavior
    Racist, intolerant, "hate", defamatory, "stalking", invitations to fight, threatening or any communication of any nature that we decide, in our sole discretion, as being improper, will result in service termination without prior notice. Subscribers may not make comments on online social networking, blogs, forums or any online media websites, that we deem to be inproper, unfair or discourteous to the effort made my HostSlick's employees. Your account may be suspended or terminated without refund. This includes, but is not limited to, threats to sue, slander, libel, publicly post, or initiate a chargeback.

unfair? discourteous? Are you guys so thin skinned that you will suspend or terminate your clients because of public criticism you don't like?

P.S ToS link broken on client pages

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@craigb said:
    Offer attractive (although light on technical details), but then checked Terms of Service and saw some elements that put me off. For example:

Racist, intolerant, "hate", defamatory, "stalking", invitations to fight, threatening or any communication of any nature that we decide, in our sole discretion, as being improper, will result in service termination without prior notice. Subscribers may not make comments on online social networking, blogs, forums or any online media websites, that we deem to be inproper, unfair or discourteous to the effort made my HostSlick's employees. Your account may be suspended or terminated without refund. This includes, but is not limited to, threats to sue, slander, libel, publicly post, or initiate a chargeback.

unfair? discourteous? Are you guys so thin skinned that you will suspend or terminate your clients because of public criticism you don't like?

If you dont like it, you can check for alternatives ;)

Ah i thought you meant skinhead

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • @craigb said: For example:
    any communication of any nature that we decide, in our sole discretion, as being improper, will result in service termination without prior notice.

Sounds like an unfair term to me as it's too one-sided, so has likely no legal or binding force on consumers.

• @HostSlick said: If you dont like it, you can check for alternatives

Naturally, but I shared what I did with the slight hope you might provide some sort of meaningful response. You know, like on a forum where people tend to engage with ideas and feedback. Where else to raise topics like this but pre-sales on an offer thread? Ah, but that sort of hints at the problem with service providers who are easily triggered...

Now it just serves to show other prospective customers the level of engagement they will find when their service is suspended because they "upset the owner" when publishing a bad case of the Yabs.

• Is there an IP address that can be tested?

edited March 2022

@craigb said:

@HostSlick said: If you dont like it, you can check for alternatives

Naturally, but I shared what I did with the slight hope you might provide some sort of meaningful response. You know, like on a forum where people tend to engage with ideas and feedback. Where else to raise topics like this but pre-sales on an offer thread? Ah, but that sort of hints at the problem with service providers who are easily triggered...

Now it just serves to show other prospective customers the level of engagement they will find when their service is suspended because they "upset the owner" when publishing a bad case of the Yabs.

Altough we don't enforce our ToS much, theres clientel we don't want and wish to stay away from us. Like making drama for nothing, abusive behaviour etc etc. we will make use of it then. You can share your thoughts always

It's up to you.

• ZyraZyra Member

interesting offer

@fensuiji said:
    Is there an IP address that can be tested?

You can ping test 193.142.146.10

@Zyra said:
    interesting offer

Indeed it is my friend :smile:
    Almost sold out already. Wasn't expecting that

• alvinalvin Member

Ordered one.
    Nice offer :) Thanks @HostSlick

• MichSMichS Member

@craigb said:
    [...] publishing a bad case of the Yabs.

Wait a minute.... Is this term really including posting public yabs...?!?
    I would have not imagined it to go that far... and I really don't think it would include these type of facts/data posts.
    In the end it is the right of the hoster to write the terms. But good that you brought that up here in the forum as this is the first time I saw something like this in a hoster TOS.

@MichS said:

@craigb said:

I would have not imagined it to go that far... and I really don't think it would include these type of facts/data posts.
    In the end it is the right of the hoster to write the terms. But good that you brought that up here in the forum as this is the first time I saw something like this in a hoster TOS.

No. That would deffo not happen because of Bad yabs

• MichSMichS Member

@HostSlick said:

@MichS said:

@craigb said:

Yeah... That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanked by 1HostSlick
  • I saw their network and disk IO is good.
    I am not sure, does the term prohibit us to post a yabs result?

@MichS said:

@HostSlick said:

@MichS said:

@craigb said:

Yeah... That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification!

Welcome :)

@frakass said:
    I saw their network and disk IO is good.
    I am not sure, does the term prohibit us to post a yabs result?

No thats not the case :) it does not prohibit you to post either one - good or bad yabs.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Host node specs? And is it SSD or NVMe? Nice pricing!

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited March 2022

@craigb said:
    Offer attractive (although light on technical details), but then checked Terms of Service and saw some elements that put me off. For example:

At least, they don't threaten to dox you for posting negative reviews. It's something that might make me think twice, but I have never posted reviews anywhere.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171427/how-to-stop-all-negative-reviews

if you make a negative post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy at example.com

Some providers are known to maintain a "hall of fame" for the customers they don't like.

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @HostSlick said:

@fensuiji said:

is the IP correct? Request Timed Out!!!

• fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 125.09 MB/s (31.2k) 579.72 MB/s (9.0k)
    Write 125.42 MB/s (31.3k) 582.77 MB/s (9.1k)
    Total 250.52 MB/s (62.6k) 1.16 GB/s (18.1k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 721.10 MB/s (1.4k) 761.56 MB/s (743)
    Write 759.41 MB/s (1.4k) 812.28 MB/s (793)
    Total 1.48 GB/s (2.8k) 1.57 GB/s (1.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 864 Mbits/sec | 835 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 860 Mbits/sec | 770 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 864 Mbits/sec | 879 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 732 Mbits/sec | 378 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 820 Mbits/sec | 285 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 794 Mbits/sec | 371 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 776 Mbits/sec | 344 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 727 Mbits/sec | 242 Mbits/sec

As you see IO is not bad.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@louiejordan said:

@HostSlick said:

@fensuiji said:

# ping 193.142.146.10
    PING 193.142.146.10 (193.142.146.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=4.36 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=3.30 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=4.91 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=7.24 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=5 ttl=58 time=3.85 ms
    ^C
    --- 193.142.146.10 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4012ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 3.298/4.731/7.237/1.361 ms

Works here - check your fw maybe?

• @DP said:

@louiejordan said:

@HostSlick said:

@fensuiji said:

# ping 193.142.146.10
    PING 193.142.146.10 (193.142.146.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=4.36 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=3.30 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=4.91 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=7.24 ms
    64 bytes from 193.142.146.10: icmp_seq=5 ttl=58 time=3.85 ms
    ^C
    --- 193.142.146.10 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4012ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 3.298/4.731/7.237/1.361 ms

Works here - check your fw maybe?

looks good now.

@tomle said:
    Host node specs? And is it SSD or NVMe? Nice pricing!

It always depends on the Node - We deploy a minimum on every node:

Dual Intel XEON E5-2660v3 or better
    20cores, 40 threads or better
    128GB DDR4 RAM or higher
    2x1TB SSD or higher

NVME is coming later this year. :smile:

@louiejordan said:

@HostSlick said:

@fensuiji said:

The IP is correct, there was no timeout however.
    Are you from China maybe?

edited March 2022

Please note

Limit is one per customer per plan/deal. You can note have for example multiple of Deal I
    This is to give everyone the chance of ordering one and not have all sold out by few customers

• @NoComment said: At least, they don't threaten to dox you for posting negative reviews. It's something that might make me think twice, but I have never posted reviews anywhere.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171427/how-to-stop-all-negative-reviews

That was well worth a read - thanks for digging it up.

I tend to think that if a provider wants you out, they will find a way to get you out. Some write this in their ToS as a general "we reserve the right to suspend/terminate your service at anytime without cause" and some don't. Some clients may not like it, but naturally the balance of power is with the provider as the service provider and I think most clients get that.

What I suspect @hostslick is trying, but perhaps failing to do, is codify a kind of "don't be a jerk" rule in their ToS. But the thing is, LET posters have informed so many of my VPS and dedicated choices - both through positive and negative reviews, whether rough or smooth in style. In fact, I have sometimes bought on the strength of the providers response to a clearly negative and "not nice" review.

Providers get kudos and gain business through positive engagement with negative reviews. Those providers don't feel the need to silence their critics via their ToS, they win in the court of public opinion.

Legitimate concerns wrapped in a turd post. Sure, some clients lack the maturity or the will to write "in a nice way" about a poorly delivered service. Trying to chill/reduce/eliminate what people say about your business is a turn off for me, not because I want to shit-post on a provider, but I support the rights of others to do write negative reviews in a tone that may be unprofessional or "hurt your feelings".

I fully understand a provider wishing to protect their reputation, but think there are better ways to handle it. There is a gap between "complainy-waney" and "you are now seriously hurting my business reputation" and reputational risk can be codified in a ToS without appearing like you lack confidence in receiving feedback you don't like.

Anyway, I've made my point and don't want to clog up @HostSlick offer thread on this topic. I think their offer is a strong one and wish future buyers excellent service...as if it's not and you post a negative review here....

edited March 2022

@craigb said: is codify a kind of "don't be a jerk" rule in their ToS

You got it right. Its kind of "dont be a dick/dont be abusive - in terms of behaviour".

Its ok if negative reviews are coming from a bad service experience, i take note and try make it better next time but there are cases where the customer not always speak the truth or hides facts in their negative reviews.

Abusive customers is not what we want and thats what i said, there is some clientel we dont want.
    Plus dealing with such costs time. i cant be bothered. - They can go at other providers.

However, After all, its my business and i can decide which customer i want to do business with and which not. I don't need to accept everyone.

Thanked by 1Zyra