Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb fiasco
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb fiasco

Some of you may know that several years back leaseweb specifically made a vps offer for users here. I was one of the unfortunate people who believed in their big trustworthy corporate image and ordered the service, paying for 3 years in advance to lock further discounts.

I hosted a client's website on the vps. A little while later things started going very wrong with their service to the point where the vps became unreachable for multiple weeks if memory serves me right (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/62216/leaseweb-having-troubles-vps-offline-for-2-days-now).

Nevertheless, I cut my losses short and told the leaseweb rep to cancel my service and refund the leaseweb credit (according to the terms of service he informed me). The rep also explicitly told me that the credit has no expiry date.

So, recently I logged in my leaseweb account and found that
1) I had zero credit
2) my account number had changed

It took several days before the support/ticket department finally brought in the accounts receivable department who first asked me to serve proof of the credit because they had no records of it in their system! Nevertheless, I had old emails with conversations from their employees proving my credit. So, on 4th of March they asked me for my paypal id for refunding the credit and I promptly complied by giving them one.Today it is the 23rd of March & despite having updated the ticket requesting them for an update there is no response from the support regarding the refund.

Few takeaways from this : Leaseweb should have emailed me when they were migrating to a new user system & warned me if they were planning on silently gulping my credit(& from several others I presume).

In urdu/hindi there is a famous proverb "unchi dukaan pheeka pakwaan" which loosely translates to big/famous restaurant/shop yet tasteless meal, pretty fitting for my leaseweb experience.

Comments

• peenus

• VoidVoid Member

How much did you pay for 3 years ?

• VoidVoid Member

@SirFoxy said:
    peenus

one foot

• Oh my gosh..

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@raza19 , being a big corporate also means that sometimes its not easy to make exception and it causes delay. May be drop a mail directly to some person or rep of the company who can escalate issue. Is @LeaseWeb or @Leaseweb2 active here ?

• jonathanjonathan Member, LIR

@mgcAna said:
    @raza19 , being a big corporate also means that sometimes its not easy to make exception and it causes delay. May be drop a mail directly to some person or rep of the company who can escalate issue. Is @LeaseWeb or @Leaseweb2 active here ?

In addition, you may wish to try tweeting them. It does appear they respond to clients over Twitter.