Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyDNS is in preview. It is interesting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyDNS is in preview. It is interesting

13»

Comments

• Some remarks:

1. If I activate orange bunny via DNS section, pullzone created with some random name (1725y1g5-1 for example),
      Question (wish) is have ability to somehow rename this newly created pull zone.
      If we create zone by ourself we can enter our friendly name, but if zone generate by DNS that's not possible (or I can't find where I can do this).
    2. Question for @BunnySpeed . You decided what you will do with Russian users/servers?
      Since war starts all RU IPs have weird routing (like via NO, DE), seems that you shutdown your RU-servers. Yeah, I undestand whole situation, but may be you got some plan what you will do with CDN RU visitors?
    Thanked by 1BBTN
  • Ah, and some question for who knows how CDN work.

Somehow possible to serve files "for all world via bunny, and one country from origin"?
    This is from previous Russia-servers question.
    Current hosting have lower latency for RU than Bunny servers. Is it possible to server RU-users from origin and rest of world via bunny?
    In my mind idea only is geodns but may be there are other options?

• Looks like bunny dns is in open preview now!

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2022

@SashkaPro said:
    Ah, and some question for who knows how CDN work.

Somehow possible to serve files "for all world via bunny, and one country from origin"?
    This is from previous Russia-servers question.
    Current hosting have lower latency for RU than Bunny servers. Is it possible to server RU-users from origin and rest of world via bunny?
    In my mind idea only is geodns but may be there are other options?

You are correct - the only option through Bunny would be to use DNS. While "Edge Rules" do allow you to change the origin URL for Russian users (or any other supported condition), you'd still be passing traffic through the CDN.

Having said that, through Scriptable DNS, you can do the following:

/*
        PREVIEW WARNING: The Scriptable DNS is currently in early preview and some parts of the system are not yet fully stable.
        We do not recommend full production scale usage yet.

Handle the DNS query!
     */

export default function handleQuery(query) {
        if (query.request.geoLocation.country == "RU") {
          return new ARecord("0.0.0.0", 0); // replace 0 with your desired TTL and 0.0.0.0 with your Russian server's origin IP (do note that your IP is exposed here, if you care)
        }
        return new PullZoneRecord("pullzonename"); // replace pullzonename with your CDN pull zone
    }

• @doghouch said: the only option through Bunny would be to use DNS

Thanks for reply!

Yeah seems that only way is geo-based routing. So we need to have "my own pullzone-ru-server" if I want to use bunny (or maybe create domain alias for main domain on shared hosting and point A record for RU users.

Both options not great imo :(

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • DeanDean Member

@BunnySpeed said:
    Definitely, we're just investigating how best to tie this into the smart records. It's a bit tricky, but it's being added for sure.

Hey @BunnySpeed - any DNSSEC update?

• JosephFJosephF Member

How does Bunny compare to Cloudflare, NS1 and HE?

• @JosephF are you a real human? Or are you some kind of AI?

• bdspicebdspice Member

How goos is bunnydns now compare to CF?

• hapkidohapkido Member

@Dean said:

@BunnySpeed said:
    Definitely, we're just investigating how best to tie this into the smart records. It's a bit tricky, but it's being added for sure.

Hey @BunnySpeed - any DNSSEC update?

They seems not active in this forum anymore