Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyDNS is in preview. It is interesting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyDNS is in preview. It is interesting

Comments

• @phucvandinh said:
    Anyone know how to setup BunnyDNS + BunnyCDN to cache everything?

https://bunny.net/cdn/perma-cache/

• DeanDean Member

It’s pretty good, the only issue i’ve found is that private nameservers still expose a bunny.net nameserver in the SOA, but they’re aware of it and it’ll be fixed.

• DeanDean Member

@Dean said:
    It’s pretty good, the only issue i’ve found is that private nameservers still expose a bunny.net nameserver in the SOA, but they’re aware of it and it’ll be fixed.

They fixed it ❤️

• @LTniger said:
    As soon as bunny will do any real competition to cf, cf will simply buy them.

Only if they agree to be bought which I really hope @BunnySpeed doesn't do. Its nice to have competition, and so far for a preview BunnyDNS is great

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2022

@lukehebb said:

@LTniger said:
    As soon as bunny will do any real competition to cf, cf will simply buy them.

Only if they agree to be bought which I really hope @BunnySpeed doesn't do. Its nice to have competition, and so far for a preview BunnyDNS is great

I'm not motivated by money, but by scaling the company, building amazing products and innovation, so definitely not if I can help it :)

Also, really glad to hear people enjoy our DNS. There are other big announcements coming soon.

• Any plans to support DNSSEC?

Definitely, we're just investigating how best to tie this into the smart records. It's a bit tricky, but it's being added for sure.

Thanked by 2FrankZ phucvandinh
  • @Pruzilla said:
    If you want to test geo routing, these are apparently two of their name servers:

• coco.bunny.net
    • kiki.bunny.net

Ahhh named after their favorite strippers, I like3 it!

@chria838373 said:

@Pruzilla said:
    If you want to test geo routing, these are apparently two of their name servers:

• coco.bunny.net
    • kiki.bunny.net

It's a tribute to my two dead bunnies :D

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @BunnySpeed said:

@chria838373 said:

@Pruzilla said:

• coco.bunny.net
    • kiki.bunny.net

It's a tribute to my two dead bunnies :D

Ahhh we don't need a murder of two strippers confession on here, quick - delete and pretend you didnt book any "bunnies" that day! ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing this in action at some point soon though!

• edited August 2022

lol stupid typo mistake. had an issue where NS is not responding to my DNS requests. all good now

edited August 2022

Sorry to hear that, we're not aware of any issues like this. I suggest contacting support. Can't do much here, unfortunately, especially without the domain, but we'll do our best to help you out ASAP if you drop us a message through the panel.

• Bunny can work like CF with orange cloud enabled?
    Or just a DNS manager?

No orange cloud, we have orange bunnies 🐇

• @BunnySpeed said:
    No orange cloud, we have orange bunnies 🐇

Sold

• @BunnySpeed the service looks great, I just signed up and have been playing around with it. Do you offer SSL certificates as well, or do we need to provide our own?

• Cdn proxy (orange bunny button) is a great feature, full site accelerated. But, when we have www site, it creates 2 different pullzone. Can you combine it into a single pullzone? @BunnySpeed

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @umzak said:
    Cdn proxy (orange bunny button) is a great feature, full site accelerated. But, when we have www site, it creates 2 different pullzone. Can you combine it into a single pullzone? @BunnySpeed

true, it's kind of confusing.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@jamespeach said:
    @BunnySpeed the service looks great, I just signed up and have been playing around with it. Do you offer SSL certificates as well, or do we need to provide our own?

You can get a free SSL, when you add a custom domain it will give you the option to setup a free SSL.

• I got approved but do I need recharge my account, adding new domain seems disabled

• @labrax said: I got approved but do I need recharge my account, adding new domain seems disabled

I had to add credit before I could add a domain. After adding credit, everything works well. :)

• quanhua92quanhua92 Member
    edited August 2022

I have created a script to add the Bunny Edge Server IPs to the UFW firewall. You will need to schedule this to run every day to add any new IP address. Need to install jq with sudo apt install jq to parse the JSON

#!/bin/sh
    curl -s https://bunnycdn.com/api/system/edgeserverlist -H "Accept: application/json" | jq -r .[] > /tmp/bunny_ips
    echo "" >> /tmp/bunny_ips
    curl -s https://bunnycdn.com/api/system/edgeserverlist/ipv6 -H "Accept: application/json" | jq -r .[] >> /tmp/bunny_ips

for ip in `cat /tmp/bunny_ips`; do ufw allow proto tcp from $ip comment 'Bunny IP'; done;

I also made a Github repo (https://github.com/quanhua92/bunnycdn_edge_servers_list) with Github Action to check new IPs every day.

Thanked by 2atomi pluto
  • mwtmwt Member

@quanhua92 said:
    I have created a script to add the Bunny Edge Server IPs to the UFW firewall. You will need to schedule this to run every day to add any new IP address. Need to install jq with sudo apt install jq to parse the JSON

#!/bin/sh
    curl -s https://bunnycdn.com/api/system/edgeserverlist -H "Accept: application/json" | jq -r .[] > /tmp/bunny_ips
    echo "" >> /tmp/bunny_ips
    curl -s https://bunnycdn.com/api/system/edgeserverlist/ipv6 -H "Accept: application/json" | jq -r .[] >> /tmp/bunny_ips

for ip in `cat /tmp/bunny_ips`; do ufw allow proto tcp from $ip comment 'Bunny IP'; done;

I also made a Github repo (https://github.com/quanhua92/bunnycdn_edge_servers_list) with Github Action to check new IPs every day.

Cool. I made this certbot plugin so that you can get wildcard letsencrypt certificates with BunnyDNS:
    https://github.com/mwt/certbot-dns-bunny

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @BunnySpeed - Kudos for doing BunnyDNS geocast very well.

The geocast seems to work better for me via Geographic than Latency. Not using the CDN, just using the DNS to geocast 13 mirrored web servers in Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo, Seattle, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Miami, New York City, Valdivia, Chile, Amsterdam, Madrid, Milan, and Johannesburg.

How long do you expect the pricing to remain at Smart Queries (After 1 million) $0.30/million ?
    You could get me to move on from my in-house geocast DNS setup at this pricing.

@FrankZ said:
    @BunnySpeed - Kudos for doing BunnyDNS geocast very well.

The geocast seems to work better for me via Geographic than Latency. Not using the CDN, just using the DNS to geocast 13 mirrored web servers in Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo, Seattle, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Miami, New York City, Valdivia, Chile, Amsterdam, Madrid, Milan, and Johannesburg.

How long do you expect the pricing to remain at Smart Queries (After 1 million) $0.30/million ?
    You could get me to move on from my in-house geocast DNS setup at this pricing.

Glad to hear that you like it. We're working on UI improvements platform-wide, so I hope we can make it even better.

Regarding Latency routing, this is currently not fully optimized, but we expect this to be finalized somewhere early in the GA preview.

Regarding pricing, that's pretty much final and here to stay.

• pkrpkr Member

@BunnySpeed I have not setup AAAA record, but most of the queries are for AAAA record in my DNS? Do I need to do anything to stop this?

• mwtmwt Member

@pkr said:
    @BunnySpeed I have not setup AAAA record, but most of the queries are for AAAA record in my DNS? Do I need to do anything to stop this?

I don't think so. Most clients who have IPv6 well default to connecting via IPv6. To do this, they need to lookup AAAA.

• @BunnySpeed any of your devs know GoLang willing to add support for BunnyDNS to DNSControl? For a lot of companies, DNSControl's supported providers list defines which DNS providers they can use.

https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The bunny is proving to be a perfect LE business, solid alternatives and competitive prices. I'm definitely down for expanding my use and invoices.

• @pkr said:

By default, things will try to resolve both A and AAAA, and connect as adequate. Since there's an A record, it will cache that and use in future cases. However, as there's no AAAA record, there's nothing to cache and thus will be a future query everytime from the clients - nothing you can do unless you do something like pointing to ::, but that poses its own share of problems that your users or applications can face, thus I'd not suggests doing it.